What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

Someone on RM says they just got destroyed by 2 cupcakes.
what does that make CSU then?
Some CSU fans do get it. I talked to one at the tailgate yesterday. What many of them don't get is that their program needs CU to be great. Because when we're great, it flows down to them in recruiting. CU, when great, slow plays or doesn't offer a bunch of good football players from Colorado - 3* type guys who might be a bit short or a half step slow or need a bit more development but are excellent football players. Being able to get those guys is the heart and soul of CSU football when they're good.

Now, outside of CU needing to be great, for this to work for CSU they also need to focus on in-state recruiting instead of having programs like Wyoming steal their thunder like they have been. Also, there's a chance that the world has changed since the 1990s and CSU simply won't have the in-state opportunities it once did because paradoxically the increase in CO talent has made it harder for them to get players. As we're seeing, CU will have to fight it out with programs like Stanford, USC, Ohio State, Stanford and Nebraska for the cream of the CO crop. But we're also seeing to a level like never before that the 2nd tier of in-state talent is getting offered and recruited hard by Arizona, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Utah, Washington State and Kansas State. CU seems to be winning the battles there for the guys we want. Can CSU compete for those players who are left from that tier? Do they need a coach (unlike Bobo) who appreciates that 3rd tier in-state like Bohl does at Wyoming and has built his program around?

Some CSU fans do get it. I talked to one at the tailgate yesterday. What many of them don't get is that their program needs CU to be great. Because when we're great, it flows down to them in recruiting. CU, when great, slow plays or doesn't offer a bunch of good football players from Colorado - 3* type guys who might be a bit short or a half step slow or need a bit more development but are excellent football players. Being able to get those guys is the heart and soul of CSU football when they're good.

Now, outside of CU needing to be great, for this to work for CSU they also need to focus on in-state recruiting instead of having programs like Wyoming steal their thunder like they have been. Also, there's a chance that the world has changed since the 1990s and CSU simply won't have the in-state opportunities it once did because paradoxically the increase in CO talent has made it harder for them to get players. As we're seeing, CU will have to fight it out with programs like Stanford, USC, Ohio State, Stanford and Nebraska for the cream of the CO crop. But we're also seeing to a level like never before that the 2nd tier of in-state talent is getting offered and recruited hard by Arizona, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Utah, Washington State and Kansas State. CU seems to be winning the battles there for the guys we want. Can CSU compete for those players who are left from that tier? Do they need a coach (unlike Bobo) who appreciates that 3rd tier in-state like Bohl does at Wyoming and has built his program around?
TL;DR version: CSU needs CU to be great so they can have our recruiting leftovers.

Yep, that's about right.

Don't know if there is a better place to put it but for CSU I wonder their next Sonny means going back to the future.

How bad does Jim McElwain want to be a head coach again.

He is now 56 and failed big at Florida. His chances of getting another head coaching job at another quality P5 program now are pretty slim.

He was though very successful at CSU compared to what others have done there. The sheep fans are busy thinking back to the good days when he was there. Would he be interested in coming back and finishing his career as the head of a G5 program.

When he was there they recruited well and had success.

Don't know if there is a better place to put it but for CSU I wonder their next Sonny means going back to the future.

He is now 56 and failed big at Florida. His chances of getting another head coaching job at another quality P5 program now are pretty slim.

He was though very successful at CSU compared to what others have done there. The sheep fans are busy thinking back to the good days when he was there. Would he be interested in coming back and finishing his career as the head of a G5 program.

Eh

They could do a lot worse than sparkles.

With the week 0 being relatively new, I’d think this is something of a distinction. This year both new mexico state and csu have the distinction of being 0-2 before 01 September.
NM State is definitely gonna be in the Bottom 10. Forgot about them.

Hope I am not posting this improperly, apologies if so...but I thought this was interesting (off the ram board) and worth seeing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Props to cu

I dispise your institution more than anything on the planet.

However last night you earned my respect. Your team is very talented and well coached..your athletes were videogame like and your thoughly dominated us in every aspect.

The next time we will be competitve will be 2020 when the game is in Ft Collins and we are starting year 1 with a new coach

I hope Nebraska does you like you did us but as horrible as we are, as slow as we are and as much of a pussy team that we fielded i think the Corn is gonna get worked.

All you cu fans should make the trip to Lincoln. Frost is building a dynasty but you can kick in his teeth and like the Monguls..rape, pliiage. and plunder the Corn.seriously this is a trip of your lifetime drive the freaking 8 hours and put your name on that program..
[Post edited by 92YankeeRam at 09/01/2018 1:02PM
]

Hope I am not posting this improperly, apologies if so...but I thought this was interesting (off the ram board) and worth seeing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Props to cu

I dispise your institution more than anything on the planet.

However last night you earned my respect. Your team is very talented and well coached..your athletes were videogame like and your thoughly dominated us in every aspect.

The next time we will be competitve will be 2020 when the game is in Ft Collins and we are starting year 1 with a new coach

I hope Nebraska does you like you did us but as horrible as we are, as slow as we are and as much of a ***** team that we fielded i think the Corn is gonna get worked.

All you cu fans should make the trip to Lincoln. Frost is building a dynasty but you can kick in his teeth and like the Monguls..rape, pliiage. and plunder the Corn.seriously this is a trip of your lifetime drive the freaking 8 hours and put your name on that program..
[Post edited by 92YankeeRam at 09/01/2018 1:02PM
]

hqdefault.jpg

This. It's not a coincidence that the best run in CSU football history came on the heels of the best run in CU football history.

I don’t think he will go until his son graduates for one. Two, if Mac has a great year or two and goes to the east coast I think DC would try for HC of the Buffs, or to stay as OC to a new HC.

While I’d say it would be best to learn to be a HC at a lower level, I’d hate to lose him recruiting or as an OC or even one year.

Back