What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Season Prediction Thread

How many wins this year?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The best thing about the 3 & 0 start and the defensive revival this season, well not really but kind of, is that we don't have to hear any more **** about the super ****in great jim leavitt from the MM haters and the chicken-littles. Keep it goin boys.

SIAP but is anyone concerned about the punting situation? It obviously wasn’t a factor against UNH but I suspect it will factor into whether or not the Buffs achieve some measure of lofty success this season.

SIAP but is anyone concerned about the punting situation? It obviously wasn’t a factor against UNH but I suspect it will factor into whether or not the Buffs achieve some measure of lofty success this season.
It's a huge concern if we get into a field position game. Kinney is so good at pinning teams inside the 20. It's a big loss even if most people will only look at yardage average and think it only cost us 1 or 2 yards per punt. Hopefully we will continue to get solid play from Price and then we'll get Kinney back for the stretch run.

It's a huge concern if we get into a field position game. Kinney is so good at pinning teams inside the 20. It's a big loss even if most people will only look at yardage average and think it only cost us 1 or 2 yards per punt. Hopefully we will continue to get solid play from Price and then we'll get Kinney back for the stretch run.
Agreed. The matchups that concern me the most would be ASU, Utah, Cal — particularly the last two if Kinney isn’t back by then and the weather (cold and wet potential) being a factor. Those are pivotal games in the 8 to 9 win scenarios.

Agreed. The matchups that concern me the most would be ASU, Utah, Cal — particularly the last two if Kinney isn’t back by then and the weather (cold and wet potential) being a factor. Those are pivotal games in the 8 to 9 win scenarios.
Can Kinney come back (I sure hope so)? I thought he was done for the season.

The good news is, we're projected to have as many or more wins as anybody in the South. The bad news is, there are five North teams ahead of us. Feels like the old Big 12 North days when we would win the division with a 7-5 record.

The good news is, we're projected to have as many or more wins as anybody in the South. The bad news is, there are five North teams ahead of us. Feels like the old Big 12 North days when we would win the division with a 7-5 record.

Just beat Cal and Wazzu.

I wish I had been wrong about the last two, but so far my prediction has been perfect..

We will be back on track next week when we smash the Beavers in Folsom.

5 more wins to go!!

I wish I had been wrong about the last two, but so far my prediction has been perfect..

We will be back on track next week when we smash the Beavers in Folsom.

5 more wins to go!!
Going into this season, even our most optimistic ABers knew that USC and UW on the road were unlikely.

I think we're still ahead of the bell curve for this season compared to the preseason. If we get these next 2 (OSU, @Zona) then we should all be pretty damn happy with how this season is going.

Utah and Wash St are trending up like a rocket. We gotta hope to finish 8-4 and go bowling. Those two games offer a special opportunity for us at home.
Regroup boys
Chiv needs to draw on all his strength

Doom and gloom after losing road games to USC and Washington. 1-1 in those games and we’re top 20 team nationally. Both and we’re top 7. So to our reactionary fans we are either top 20 at least, or absolutely terrible and might be lucky enough to beat Oregon State at home.

This seems about right.

Ha. No.
WAZZU and Utah are light years better than USC and UDub.

Yeah... 6-6 or 7-5 is very feasible.

Oregon State will be a win.

Having to play arizona on the road in the friday short week game is not the gimme win we’d normally think it should be. The scenario is really concerning.

The other remaining games on the schedule will be very difficult. They’re very winnable games but are games that will require discipline we haven’t seen consistently.

The defense is going to keep us in most games. How the offense can progress is going to decide whether we are going to be 7 wins or 9 wins.

Yeah... 6-6 or 7-5 is very feasible.

Oregon State will be a win.

Having to play arizona on the road in the friday short week game is not the gimme win we’d normally think it should be. The scenario is really concerning.

The other remaining games on the schedule will be very difficult. They’re very winnable games but are games that will require discipline we haven’t seen consistently.
100% agree. Just saying Arizona sucks so we should win is not a good tactic, especially since they but the bullet and pulled Tate. Same with Cal.

I'm not going to say Zona is a lock, but they are BAD. 7-2 heading into the final three games seems likely to me.

Agree 100% that we should beat arizona. My only issue is that road favorites in these Friday night games don’t do well in the P12. Weird stuff happens in these games. With our team in flux on the road in conference, that game has trap written all over it.

I have been saying 8/9 and still think it's possible, but 6 might be it. I think we beat Oregon st. arizona,cal are toss ups now and losses to utah and wazzu.

Back