What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019: Recruiting News, Notes & Visitors

I don't get the fascination. He's a bowl loss away from matching the record that got Graham fired last year.

I’m a bit of an ASU fan as well, from before CU was in the P12, and to me what Herm said when he came in is similar to what HCMT said, at least in concept. He’s building and running an enterprise. The hire was unconventional, to say the least, but how many games did ASU lose by a score or less? They weren’t far from 9-10 win team this year, and that was with Manny!!

I’m a bit of an ASU Co-eds fan as well, from before CU was in the P12, and to me what Herm said when he came in is similar to what HCMT said, at least in concept. He’s building and running an enterprise. The hire was unconventional, to say the least, but how many games did ASU lose by a score or less? They weren’t far from 9-10 win team this year, and that was with Manny!!
FIFY

I don't get the fascination. He's a bowl loss away from matching the record that got Graham fired last year.

I think there is an overcorrection to fawn over him now after he was blasted so badly when he was hired.

ASU has always recruited So Cal talent well to great. (Vontaze Burfict anyone?)

Yeah, Armond Hawkins is the coach of the Ground Zero 7on7 team. I think he’s saying he likes Mel Tucker a lot already and has him in his personal top 5 coaches lol.

He posts a bunch on the USC boards and is well connected like that 5* 7on7 coach. Doesn’t hurt to be on his good side since he can bring entire groups on recruiting trips with him.

Also interesting that he is at the game. Are all the recruits there? Is that even allowed?
If it's something that can be done, I'm kind of pissed that we haven't been doing it. There should be a luxury box at Mile High that Benson, one of his cronies or one of our CU boosters owns. That would be a great place to host some of the recruiting visitors if it's allowed.

Maybe less strategic. He’s an Ohio guy. Maybe Browns’ media was interested
He went out of his way on a huge recruiting weekend, though, by going to Mile High to meet them. There's more to it than a friendly reconnection. Browns radio doesn't need that filler today and Tucker doesn't need that distraction today.

Back