What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet CSU is better than most think. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 6-6 or 7-5
giphy.gif

Not a big deal if he is down on CU this year, that is understandable especially for a first year head coach. But CSU is going to blow. They lost their only good players from last year and have a ****ty coaching staff.
They are going to be bad. Even they know it. They're recruiting was so piss poor this year because the vibe is so bad and the lockerroom whispers are that there will be a coahing change after this year barring a miracle. If we don't mudhole them this year, WE have problems.

Last edited:
MW is awful.

They're not beating us or Ar-Kansas. Fresno might be reloading, but Jeff Tedford is a HELL of a football coach. That's an L. Utah State is still better than them (even with Gary Andersen in charge in Logan now). That's a loss. San Diego State is a loss. So is Boise. I've got them losing to AFA (who I think is the 2nd best in the Mountain division) and Wyoming.

Holy god y'all I need football to start. Can't wait for the annual ritual lamb slaughter. Jesus I've going through withdrawals here. One month to go. I've considered getting my streaming service going early just so I can watch some CFL. I need help.

They're not beating us or Ar-Kansas. Fresno might be reloading, but Jeff Tedford is a HELL of a football coach. That's an L. Utah State is still better than them (even with Gary Andersen in charge in Logan now). That's a loss. San Diego State is a loss. So is Boise. I've got them losing to AFA (who I think is the 2nd best in the Mountain division) and Wyoming.
Good chance they get beat up badly enough early that they go into a death spiral.

We are going to pound them, Arky isn't very good but they are good enough to take revenge at home. Their start could be ugly.

They should win 5-6 but a 2-3 win season wouldn't shock anyone including a lot of their longtime fans.

Holy god y'all I need football to start. Can't wait for the annual ritual lamb slaughter. Jesus I've going through withdrawals here. One month to go. I've considered getting my streaming service going early just so I can watch some CFL. I need help.

Broncos play tomorrow. There's CFL on ESPN3 or ESPN+.

I'm not saying we should have run up the score on CSU last year-I am saying we need to treat games where we're blowing out whoever we're playing like NFL preseason games. Reps, reps, reps. Put in our backups and let them show what they can do in the schemes this staff wants to run on both sides of the ball, and if the opponent can't stop us-that's not our problem.
Believe Spurrier used to catch flack for running up scores, but his response was essentially he'd be doing his back ups no favors if he didnt let them run the full offense.

Believe Spurrier used to catch flack for running up scores, but his response was essentially he'd be doing his back ups no favors if he didnt let them run the full offense.

People don't care enough about the "Rocky Mountain Showdown" (For that matter, I was/still am a little critical of RG for scheduling them in 2023-24) to whine/bash us for that if we drop 50-60 points on CSU.

I wonder what we will learn from this game. CSU is, by all accounts, an absolute dumpster fire.

We'll learn the talent disparity is the largest it's been since the 90s? 2001?

They were actually ranked going into 2001. If this goes the way a lot of us think it will-this could be one of the ugliest (biggest margin of victory) games in the history of the series lol

Interesting Bobo quotes from fall camp:

“Defensively started out fast. We have to get more pass rush. They are installing a lot of plays from different coverages, turning some guys free, but we'll fix that. I believe we have some talent up front but we need to be kicking the offensive line's ass and were not doing it. That's a disappointment from today's practice. But good work from the special teams too. Overall it was a good practice."
(Creebuzz comment: remember the offensive line is supposed to be the weakest unit.)

“I think he's [Left Tackle TJ Storment] changed his body. I thought he was a big, stiff guy. His feet were moving pretty slow in the spring. The offseason program helped him tremendously. He got stronger, he's able to bend more. I really like what I'm seeing from him. I like that we got two years with this guy.”
(Creebuzz comment: Should you ever call your JUCO transfer and projected LT a stiff?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back