What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just clambered out of summer work/travel mode to ponder the upcoming season and see the csu game in Denver is late and at 800 pm. The old man in me raises his fist and complains that since the game starts late, AND is at the sh!+show Denver stadium I won't get home until 1:00 am. Ugggh Had been pondering driving from game to my planned weekend mountain destination. Although with recent year traffic patterns maybe its a blessing to drive up there in the middle of the night.

Looks like CSU is still paying the bills despite those empty stadium looks. Premium seats must be making a difference.

Didn't all the Gaga revenue come in already?

I just clambered out of summer work/travel mode to ponder the upcoming season and see the csu game in Denver is late and at 800 pm. The old man in me raises his fist and complains that since the game starts late, AND is at the sh!+show Denver stadium I won't get home until 1:00 am. Ugggh Had been pondering driving from game to my planned weekend mountain destination. Although with recent year traffic patterns maybe its a blessing to drive up there in the middle of the night.

I'm so glad this is the end of the Bronco Stadium games-hate going to ANYTHING there and I hate the CSU game in general. Its the one game a year I'm content to give the Bronco treatment (watch it from my couch) to.

Didn't all the Gaga revenue come in already?

I'm so glad this is the end of the Bronco Stadium games-hate going to ANYTHING there and I hate the CSU game in general. Its the one game a year I'm content to give the Bronco treatment (watch it from my couch) to.

I agree (if it wasn't obvious in my prior post). It's a hassle to arrive at. Getting in the stadium is a mess. I find it laughable that the lines in are so long for this college game in a stadium operation designed to have 75,000 fans coming. I always suspect they don't operate at full workflow capacity and have less staff on hand.
I've long suggested that the series run a three-game rotation of campus-campus-Denver. That way the Denver game might have a bit more novelty. Between the two teams sucking and the overuse of Denver, it lost its shine.

I agree (if it wasn't obvious in my prior post). It's a hassle to arrive at. Getting in the stadium is a mess. I find it laughable that the lines in are so long for this college game in a stadium operation designed to have 75,000 fans coming. I always suspect they don't operate at full workflow capacity and have less staff on hand.
I've long suggested that the series run a three-game rotation of campus-campus-Denver. That way the Denver game might have a bit more novelty. Between the two teams sucking and the overuse of Denver, it lost its shine.

I'd rather not play them at all for a solid 10-15 years lol. The game does nothing for us and frankly makes our program look small. ZERO problem at all with CMT dropping 60-70 points on them if we get an opportunity to.

Hopefully reasonably priced. Def gonna buy for this game

giphy.gif

Looking for advice.

Going with my son, hate Denver traffic and parking and am still recovering from my foot surgery.

Am considering catching RTD from the Thornton Park and Ride. Anyone done this before. I am assuming the drop off at the stadium is fairly convenient, also need to get to Sackygate to share a little allbuffs socialization and pick up my tickets.

Comments from anyone.

By the way using the Thornton PnR because I will be staying at my mom's place which is close.

Looking for advice.

Going with my son, hate Denver traffic and parking and am still recovering from my foot surgery.

Am considering catching RTD from the Thornton Park and Ride. Anyone done this before. I am assuming the drop off at the stadium is fairly convenient, also need to get to Sackygate to share a little allbuffs socialization and pick up my tickets.

Comments from anyone.

By the way using the Thornton PnR because I will be staying at my mom's place which is close.
Just have your mom drive you.

How many more Rocky Mountain Beatdowns does CU have to issue before this series dies the quiet death it deserves?
I think most CSU fans are tired of it already and wouldn’t mind taking several years off. The CSU AD needs the money, though.

The RTD dropoff is convenient and on the southeast side of the stadium, but you are going to be walking a fair amount regardless.

Great response.

Combining the trip since we live a couple hours away (when traffic is good.) Chance for my son to see his 92yo Grandmother who definitely does not drive.
Understood. It doesn't sound like her circling the block for 3 hrs is feasible.

The RTD dropoff is convenient and on the southeast side of the stadium, but you are going to be walking a fair amount regardless.
This

I’ve done the RTD from Boulder.

The only other hazard is drunk college students. You’re likely to encounter some.

I'm much prefer the never, never, never.

Stupid series. Stupid location. Bad for CU. Let them come to boulder about once every 10 years as the annual bring in a patsie who needs a payday game.

Crush them. Move on.

Looking for advice.

Comments from anyone.

My family has been catching the PNR from Mineral and Sante Fe for years. Kind of lively on the way in but the sheepsters are quiet on the way back. Very handy way to get there but it is a bit of a hike from the station to the stadium on light rail. If you are catching light rail, be prepared for a walk unless you want to catch a pedal bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back