What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird to not have a lot of CSU hate? Hell, I'll root for them any other week. A few years back when they were in a bowl game vs Washington State I sure wasn't gonna root for WSU to win. They did anyway, but still.

Without trying to be an asshole about it, I just can't work up that much fury over a non P5 conference "rival". It's not like Michigan State and Michigan, who are both P5 schools with winning traditions. The Rams are our little brothers. I definitely want to beat them by 50 tomorrow though. Gotta start the season off right. :LOL:

Obligatory
c5rVyEmN4JxKw.gif

Is it weird to not have a lot of CSU hate? Hell, I'll root for them any other week. A few years back when they were in a bowl game vs Washington State I sure wasn't gonna root for WSU to win. They did anyway, but still.

Without trying to be an asshole about it, I just can't work up that much fury over a non P5 conference "rival". It's not like Michigan State and Michigan, who are both P5 schools with winning traditions. The Rams are our little brothers. I definitely want to beat them by 50 tomorrow though. Gotta start the season off right. :LOL:
How bout you come back after the game? Their fans are horrible

Is it weird to not have a lot of CSU hate? Hell, I'll root for them any other week.

Hate for CSU is not something I register either. I couldn't give a flying **** what they do the rest of the year. I literally never know what their record is after the CU game until I see bowl matchups listed.

Not at all-frankly they think if we root for them when they don't play us they think we're trolling them though lol

How bout you come back after the game? Their fans are horrible

This.

I used to root for them regularly, then they strung together some halfway decent seasons and their fans became insufferable.

My brother is an alum and a huge CSU supporter, so I don't want them to lose every game or whatever (like I do Nebraska, USC, and Oregon), but I do take a little enjoyment from every CSU loss.

This.

I used to root for them regularly, then they strung together some halfway decent seasons and their fans became insufferable.

My brother is an alum and a huge CSU supporter, so I don't want them to lose every game or whatever (like I do Nebraska, USC, and Oregon), but I do take a little enjoyment from every CSU loss.
This is where you and I differ...I take a great deal of enjoyment from every CSU loss.

Screw the rams. I want them to lose every game in every sport, forever. I don't understand the "root for your rivals when they don't play you so it makes you look good when you beat them" crowd. I mean, I understand the logic of it, but I've got too much invested emotionally to want to see anything good happen for the lammies, the red, notre dame, texas, ou, usc, arizona, asu, ucla and pretty much every other Pac12 and Big XII team.

Ironically, the only team that I don't harbor ill will towards is Utah. I root for them against all of the other Pac 12 teams except us, of course.

This.

I personally don't care about them one way or the other after we trash them every Labor Day weekend-I do root for AFA when they don't play us though.

Screw the rams. I want them to lose every game in every sport, forever. I don't understand the "root for your rivals when they don't play you so it makes you look good when you beat them" crowd. I mean, I understand the logic of it, but I've got too much invested emotionally to want to see anything good happen for the lammies, the red, notre dame, texas, ou, usc, arizona, asu, ucla and pretty much every other Pac12 and Big XII team.

Ironically, the only team that I don't harbor ill will towards is Utah. I root for them against all of the other Pac 12 teams except us, of course.

In terms of CSU, it's simple. They're not really our rival, so it doesn't effect me emotionally as much as the teams I listed above. They're little brother, they're inferior in every way, so let them do whatever. I don't really care.

As for the Pac-12, I never understood the whole "root for your conference" **** either. If there was a way for them all to go 0-12 every year, that would be ideal. I don't care how that makes us look.

**** Utah, too. Their coach is a douchebag, and their student body is a group of pasty kids too dumb to go to BYU.

I simply don't care. The moment this game ends, I don't think about them until the following July. Of course, living in Houston, I have that liberty. I also never come across CSU grads, as our fast food restaurants are staffed by SEC grads.
I dare you to chant SEC, SEC, SEC at drive thru order board.

In terms of CSU, it's simple. They're not really our rival, so it doesn't effect me emotionally as much as the teams I listed above. They're little brother, they're inferior in every way, so let them do whatever. I don't really care.

As for the Pac-12, I never understood the whole "root for your conference" **** either. If there was a way for them all to go 0-12 every year, that would be ideal. I don't care how that makes us look.

**** Utah, too. Their coach is a douchebag, and their student body is a group of pasty kids too dumb to go to BYU.

Agree with you on the first two-but Whittingham's a hell of a coach. Utah students enjoy fun too much to go to BYU though lol

Same. I have family that went to CSU, no issue with them winning any other game of the year, even root for them.

For me the big difference is that 80% of CSU kids are home grown Colorado people.
From a betting site:
"One of the Week 1 college football picks the model is recommending: Colorado (-13) covers against rival Colorado State in a 10 p.m. ET Saturday in a neutral-site battle at Broncos Stadium at Mile High.
Colorado's decisive edge is at quarterback, where it will start senior Steven Montez, who has completed over 60 percent of his passes the last two years and has just under 7,000 career passing yards in his career. SportsLine's model projects that Montez will light up the Rams with over 400 yards passing as Colorado piles up over 40 points in the thin air of Denver.

The Buffaloes should have an improved defense with former Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker now the head coach. The model is calling for a landmark debut for Tucker, saying Colorado covers in this rivalry matchup over 60 percent of the time. You can also lock in a pick for the over (57) because that hits 60 percent of the time."

They are not our rivals in anyway, they are annoying little brother and that is it. Let them win every game, except when we play them.....

Let Nebraska lose for all eternity and be forced to close its stinkin' doors.

They are not our rivals in anyway, they are annoying little brother and that is it. Let them win every game, except when we play them.....

Let Nebraska lose for all eternity and be forced to close its stinkin' doors.

Three favorite teams-
1. CU
2. Tennessee (girlfriend's alma mater)
3. Whoever plays Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back