What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depth isn’t very good as it pertains to holding up and being competitive for the entire season of Pac 12 play if a few injuries pile up, but I would hope that guys like Trujillo, Luckett, Perry, Rakestraw and Lewis can hold their own against CSU. Same with Jash Allen, Rodman, Jordan, Doss, and any other rotational/backup type players.
You are talking about a bunch of guys who haven't played a snap yet, surrounded by a bunch of guys who were lightly recruited and might not even be G5 quality players. Perty, Allen, Rodman are in the rotation/starters right now. Those other guys giving up 3 tds in garbage time wouldn't be that crazy at all. It happens all the time in college football.

You are talking about a bunch of guys who haven't played a snap yet, surrounded by a bunch of guys who were lightly recruited and might not even be G5 quality players. Perty, Allen, Rodman are in the rotation/starters right now. Those other guys giving up 3 tds in garbage time wouldn't be that crazy at all. It happens all the time in college football.

I just want the offense to light them up, a good night from the first string D, and zero injuries. I can live with some garbage time points.

We’re also talking about a pretty below average CSU team

Sonny was coveted the idea beating CU with Marcus Houston. So glad that didn’t work out.

Yep. It probably should have been clear to CSU fans at that point that Sonny was losing it. Him essentially being unprepared for the idea that Houston wouldn't score was inexcusable.

As I recall, Holland called the play himself because time was running out and there was no play coming from the sidelines. I went from total anger to joy in the space of 30 seconds.

You said they weren't a veteran P5 coaching staff. Everyone of those guys literally has multiple years coaching at a P5 school before coming to CU.

Chev is not a veteran P5 guy. Either is Els or some of the others you listed. I guess when I think veteran I think 10+ years at good power 5 schools, but to each their own.

This is a good staff. We've got the vets in the spots where we had to have them-Given CMT's expertise, he really needed a vet OC, and he got one in Jay Johnson. We desperately needed an adult coaching the O-Line after 6 years of Gary Bernardi and Adams (never seen a coach fail upwards as frequently as he did here)......and we got one there in Kaplovic.

There are some definite holes that were filled I agree. I trust Tucker as well. There are some positions though that I am skeptical of. Els being one of them.

Chev is not a veteran P5 guy. Either is Els or some of the others you listed. I guess when I think veteran I think 10+ years at good power 5 schools, but to each their own.
Chev is going into his 7th year at a P5 program, Els going into his 8th, Brumbaugh going into his 11th, Kap going into his 8th/9th, and Tucker is going into his 11th at a P5 program, with another decade in the NFL. There are younger coaches who aren't as experienced but that is not exclusive to CU. This is a fairly veteran, P5 staff, Barry

Where’s the best physical store location to get Buffs gear in Denver? Need to deck out some visitors so online/Boulder won’t do. Cheers!

There are some definite holes that were filled I agree. I trust Tucker as well. There are some positions though that I am skeptical of. Els being one of them.

Yeah, but I don't see Tucker (call this the "When the guy before you gets fired, you usually do the opposite of what he did" line of thinking) pulling an FHCMM and keeping too long/promoting underachieving ACs.

All we know is the offense is multiple and consistently in the pistol formation. Things will change on offense depending on the defense they are going up against. They will try to exploit their opponent’s weaknesses. We may not know exactly what the offense is going to look like but we do know they have plenty of talent there.
I am so excited. I've been waiting for this for nearly 10 years. Pistol baby!

I am so excited. I've been waiting for this for nearly 10 years. Pistol baby!
I have been very intrigued by the pistol offense, and the multiple looks looks you can get out of it, ever since Chris Ault brought it back at Nevada

back? He created it there.
Bad wording. Maybe I am crazy, but I remember watching a story about Ault and the Pistol, wherein they were discussing that the formation is something that was used in the 40's, and that he (Ault) saw an advantage in using some of those old schemes and marrying it with modern football. One of those "there is nothing new in football, just recycled ideas that progress" type stories. Regardless, you're right, he is the creator of the modern pistol offense.

Chev is going into his 7th year at a P5 program, Els going into his 8th, Brumbaugh going into his 11th, Kap going into his 8th/9th, and Tucker is going into his 11th at a P5 program, with another decade in the NFL. There are younger coaches who aren't as experienced but that is not exclusive to CU. This is a fairly veteran, P5 staff, Barry

We love Chev because he is one of us, but no one is probably beating down the walls for him. Els wasn't anything until Bo Pelini did a bad job of hiring coaches as well and his background shows it. Listen. I trust Tucker to do the right thing, just not letting my Colorado homerism get in the way of acknowledging that our staff could be better, TSchek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back