What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secondary and DL are as bad as they have been in 10 years imo. Also I'm afraid of our running game.

Montez and shenault are gonna have to go berserk a couple times to win us some shootouts

Gotta stay healthy on the DL and the secondary. Also, Perry needs to be an impact player this season.

I share your concerns on the run game. No one seems to have separated from the pack.

I don't care and I think we spend way too much time talking about what happens with them-Saban could take that job and he'd still take 2-3 years to correct the talent discrepancy between the two of us. There's also the fact that we see them twice only between 2021-2030......
I don't really care either, it is fun to jibe them...that's all. Actually, I feel bad for Bobo. I think he is a decent man, and if he were at the right place, he would be a success.

I'll take this year's DL over just about any DL we've had the last 10 years, save for 2016. At least we have a difference maker or two.

I like the potential of the starters. Some real upside there.

The depth looks scary as hell though.

I don't think our coordinators were very good last year. I think we under-performed our potential, and scheme was a big part of it. I don't know our current coordinators are good, but I am at least hopeful. I know you can't do worse than DJ Eliot.

Coordinators were not good, but talent and depth really got exposed during that 7-game losing streak. CB play was as bad as it has been in years and the veteran safeties were not particularly effective most weeks.

I like the potential of the starters. Some real upside there.

The depth looks scary as hell though.

Coordinators were not good, but talent and depth really got exposed during that 7-game losing streak. CB play was as bad as it has been in years and the veteran safeties were not particularly effective most weeks.

The team kinda quit too over the back half. I don't know how long it takes to turn around a culture, but it's been a factor the past two years.

The team kinda quit too over the back half. I don't know how long it takes to turn around a culture, but it's been a factor the past two years.

No doubt. The season was essentially done with the back-breaking losses to Oregon State and Arizona.

In regards to RB, what finally convinced BB to find another position? I’d like to think that he saw another big back coming (Mangham) that was destined to become the next starter. Hope I’m right/lucky and the RB position isn’t as devoid of talent as it looks on paper.

I bet CSU is better than most think. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 6-6 or 7-5

The uncertainty from year to year is what makes college football great. The case to be made for CSU being better than expected relies a lot on the fact that Bobo was too sick to really coach effectively last year. Bobo can run an effective offense. But other things have to fall into place. The rebuilt offensive line has to work (and Most CSU fans aren’t sold on their line coach). TJ Storment has to be a good JUCO left tackle. I think losing Desmond Noel is a really big hit to them if he doesn’t report (looks doubtful). If not, others have to step up on the interior too. Hill is not a mobile QB either, so he can’t help his line by adding another dimension to the rushing attack. That line absolutely has to be decent. If so, the WR group isn’t bad, TE position looks fine. They could be effective.

I try to be objective, but CU seems to be a really poor match up for them. I think AFA is the more dangerous game. They return a very experienced team.

I think AFA is too low-I'd flip them with USU because Troy Calhoun has been there forever and he's a better football coach than Gary Anderson is. I think the Air Force game is going to be as close as the Nub game will be......but CSU feels like 42-14 at least even with a nervous first quarter. They're bad, and I think they're going to fire Bobo after this year.

I don’t think they let Bobo go. He’s owed $1.85 million per year through 2022 (actually a bit higher with an annual $100,000 increase). Do they have $5.5 million to say goodbye?

Secondary and DL are as bad as they have been in 10 years imo. Also I'm afraid of our running game.

Montez and shenault are gonna have to go berserk a couple times to win us some shootouts
Everything hinges on this years CU team staying healthy in those key areas that has no depth (secondary, dline, ot). If those injures occur in other areas, I think CU will be just good enough to get to a bowl game. They are playing with fire for sure, but Tucker has done an excellent job of finding grad transfers and juco's to at least mitigate some of that lack of depth.

I really like the starting 3 on the dline and could be as good as the 2016 team. After that, it is non-existent until proven otherwise. We have to hope Mangham is the real deal, because I don't think the RB position has it otherwise.

I realize we dont know what we have at RB, but i think it is full of potential. CU seems like the only school that has a hard time with finding a freshmen RB to explode year1 at least once a decade, but think that has been a combination of coaching and talent. Think(hope) under Tucker, and a better OL, that it changes this year.

Sounds good to me, but the Spring Game means next to nothing.

Then tell why Fontenot couldn't get more carries than Evans last season? Joe Davis also outplayed Fontenot on the same spring football team. Not good for Fontenot especially with a new coaching staff plus it's beyond past time to put some heat on Darian Hagan.

Fontenot blocked two punts so far and I think special teams is where he should be at.

Then tell why Fontenot couldn't get more carries than Evans last season? Joe Davis also outplayed Fontenot on the same spring football team. Not good for Fontenot especially with a new coaching staff plus it's beyond past time to put some heat on Darian Hagan.

Fontenot blocked two punts so far and I think special teams is where he should be at.

I do not think Fontenot is above average. Does not change my stance that the RB looks mediocre as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back