What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Draft Buffs

Laviska is better than Ruggs .

IF he can stay injury free, maybe change his training routine and stay away from wild cat formations. He can be a steal in the draft.

Sorry to tell you I can't link it. Doesn't mean I didn't hear it. Irv Brown used to talk about it as well. Remember in those pre-internet times not everything ended up on you tube.

Walsh recruited him to Stanford, never coached him there as he left for the NFL before Elway arrived. He appreciated having Montana and they had great success but it would have been amazing what he could have done with that offense and Elways talents.
You can’t link it because it never happened. If Bill Walsh had ever even suggested that he would have won more Super Bowls with Elway than the guy who actually won 4 SBs with the 49ers then it would be in articles and books and would have been reported on all over the place, yet you’re the only person who heard it and any reference to it has been erased from the internet. Sure Mtn.

Montez has first round physical traits for a QB. Its not crazy at all that he got a combine invite and will probably get drafted. His work ethic stinks though. The "surrounding talent" argument is the same one being used to defend Jordan Love. He was amazing when he had better talent around him his Soph year.
I guess we have a different definition of amazing.

I also blame our coaches who told him to stop being so aggressive as a runner. I am fully convinced that alone cost the team at least one win each of the last three seasons and no I’m not going to provide specific examples.
Totally agree with this.

The thing about Montez that annoyed the hell out of me, besides the first down marker thing, was I always seemed to waiting for him to screw up instead of making a play. It didn't always happen, but it did a good part of the time. His situational awareness is non existent, for the most part. He relies too much on his arm as well.
sliding a yard short was the absolute worst. I can't remember how many drives he killed by doing that. I used to yell at the TV every time he did it. I think my wife thought I was crazy.

sliding a yard short was the absolute worst. I can't remember how many drives he killed by doing that. I used to yell at the TV every time he did it. I think my wife thought I was crazy.
Well, you'd think being 230 or so, he'd just fall forward or gut it out. Maybe he was told to slide, idk? Just because you're told told to do something doesn't mean you have to, make a play.

I remember seeing Montez dazed after a blow to the head one time...had he not slid, he could have been dead by now.

Laviska, Sutton and Juedy along with Fant to go with Phil and Melvin Gordon - I understand the Broncos have OT and LB needs, but taking Laviska would immediately make the Denver offense as explosive, if not more, than the Chiefs. I wouldn't be mad if they took D. Taylor in the late 3rd or 4th round either.

Laviska, Sutton and Juedy along with Fant to go with Phil and Melvin Gordon - I understand the Broncos have OT and LB needs, but taking Laviska would immediately make the Denver offense as explosive, if not more, than the Chiefs. I wouldn't be mad if they took D. Taylor in the late 3rd or 4th round either.

Latest NFL.com mock has Viska going to the Packers one pick ahead of the Broncos in the 3rd round. If the Broncos get the LT out of Houston and get Viska later on, Elway might be able to count on another extension as the GM...unless he is stupid enough to pick up the 5th year option on Bolles' contract.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Jeudy and Shenault both play out of the slot a lot? I thought they both lined up in the slot at close to 60% - and if so, would be a little surprised to see Elway take Shenault

Happy for Davion, but the idea of pulling for the Eagles...

giphy.gif

Back