What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

So, @leftybuff needs to reset the thread, IMO. Get off your ass and do something!

Current open P5 jobs:

Colorado
Arizona State
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Georgia Tech

Soon-to-be/likely open P5 jobs:

Auburn
Louisville
West Virginia

Possible P5 openings at some point?

Missouri
Texas

Thoughts on additions/removals to or from this list?

Feels like CU is swimming in a similar candidate pond as many of these programs, so where does CU stack up among these jobs? Last? Second to last with WVU?
Rittenberg ranked the current openings.

So, @leftybuff needs to reset the thread, IMO. Get off your ass and do something!

Current open P5 jobs:

Colorado
Arizona State
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Georgia Tech

Auburn
Louisville
West Virginia

Missouri
Texas

Feels like CU is swimming in a similar candidate pond as many of these programs, so where does CU stack up among these jobs? Last? Second to last with WVU?
Is Stanford a possible opening at this point?

It's ESPN+ and I don't have a sub. Feel free to post here, as I couldn't care less about spoiling an ESPN subscription
Buffs job ranked #5. I can imagine a worse job, even Auburn. He will update regularly. I’ll let you know if CU gets out of basement.

Current open P5 jobs:

Colorado
Arizona State
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Georgia Tech

Auburn
Louisville
West Virginia

Missouri
Texas

Okay, okay, man, don't have a cow. After work, tomorrow at the latest.

Weird, it is espn+, but I just read the whole thing on the app. The Rittenberg rankings are-

5. Colorado
4. Georgia Tech
3. ASU
2. Nebraska
1. Wisconsin

He seems to think Leonhard is a lock for the full-time gig. I also read it as CU and GT being a tier below ASU and Nebraska. He’s high on the ASU job (besides the looming possible sanctions).

Buffs job ranked #5. I can imagine a worse job, even Auburn. He will update regularly. I’ll let you know if CU gets out of basement.
The only difference between this job and ASU is there's probably more in-state Power 5 talent in Arizona than here.

No chance. He has built substantial equity over the years.
With who, they don’t have fans? He was really good for a while, but he’s in the midst of a 4+ year slide and eventually boosters don’t want to keep paying for former glory. Not saying he’s definitely getting canned, but I also wouldn’t be at all shocked if there was a mutual parting end of the season.

Back by popular demand (meaning two posters mentioned it), the Coaching Carousel irregularly timed delivery of the coaching craziness will be aggregated here.

As always, I will strive to hand out hat tips to our intrepid correspondents, but if I miss you along the way, it wasn't intentional (at least as far as you know).

This year's format will alter slightly, I will try to keep things in the open jobs section organized by conference. It seems the nostalgic thing to do since there may not be conferences much longer, or at the least, a lot fewer of them.

So, with that said:rumble.gif

Open Jobs:

University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes:
I have already broken the organize by conference rule, but the departure of the worst CU coach ever, or even appearing in our worst nightmares, merits an exception. I won't recount all the news here, I refer you to @The Alabaster Yak 's "Official CU Head Coach Search" thread. Suffice it to say, everybody and their brother has an opinion, two of the more popular choices: Jeff Grimes, Bronco Mendenhall are drawing alot of bandwidth in that thread. Others include: Pat Fitzgerald, Jamey Chadwell, Ricky Rahne, [insert Dave Logan quip here], Blake Anderson and Tom Herman. Who will pants RG in contract negotiations this time? We will see as Dr. Phil and RG begin the process of figuring out how the landscape of CFB has changed since the Bush I administration.

PAC 12-

ASU-
Our friends in Tempe have tossed Herm aside. (h/t Jens) Matt Rhule (h/t ITB) a scary possibility. Dennis Dodd via (h/t Serenity) plucks Dowell Liggins as a name. In any event, a new Head Devil is on the way.

B1G-

kNU-
The big one. Our favorite corn cob, Scott Frost, had his job drug out the door and down the stairs like Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend. (h/t Jens) Mickey Joseph is interim (h/t White Rabbit). Who will be the next savior of the polyester red clan? Well, Matt Campbell (h/t ITB and yak), Bill O'Brien (h/t yak and chase), Luke Fickell (h/t chase), Lance Leipold, Chris Klieman, Mark Stoops (h/t yak), Jamey Chadwell (h/t Pacman) and (h/t offgridgopher) checks in with the crazy notion our own Eric Bieniemy would arrive in corn nation to set things right. This one should be fun. The level of corn delusion has them hiring everyone from Urban Meyer to Nick Saban.

Wiscy- Paul Chryst out (h/t Jens) Jim Leonhard interim. Along with Leonhard, Lance Leipold, Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, DAve Doeren, Matt Rhule, Chris Peterson, and Dan Mullen are names (h/t yak). My money is on Leonhard.

ACC-

GT-
Geoff Collins is out (h/t nik and SewallBeach). Pete Thamel, via (h/t nik) names nearly everyone east of the Mississippi, and some to the west of it, as names: Chadwell, O'Brien, The Flying Monken brothers, both of them, Troy Calhoun, Bill Clark, Bronco Mendenhall, Chris Huff, Al Golden, etc.

Possibles-

Louisville-
Scott Satterfield not working and playing well with others. (h/t ahoelsken)

UT- Steve Sarkisian has put his Armenian love casita up for sale in Austin (h/t BuffsRising) and may be on the Big Cigar's hit list (h/t LesGoodman)

aTm- Jimbo Fisher has not won 12 games yet this year and the Aggies may be willing to mount a buyout large enough to purchase Zimbabwe to be rid of him. (h/t Jens)

Auburn- Sigh. The bi-annual firing of the Auburn coach is upon us again. (h/t yak)

West Va- (h/t yak) says they may be making a move, so I'll go along with that.

Mizzou- That App St. magic may not have followed Drinkwitz (h/t yak)

Stanford- Maybe Shaw has run his course? (h/t yak)

Let the carousel spin

Last edited:
In addition to Leonhard being likely at Wisconsin, Brent Key should be strongly considered at Georgia Tech if he keeps this up. Mickey Joseph should be considered for the Nubs as well but I doubt it.

Utah State-Air Force has been an interesting watch tonight. Good chance to take a look at two names we've thrown out here. Calhoun probably gets another call. Utah State has been what's stood out tonight. They play fast offensively. OC's a guy named Anthony Tucker. 46. It reminds me a bit of the offense Brian Lindgren ran, but with more tempo. Looking at his staff tonight-I see a group (his DC in particular-Ephraim Banda? Born in San Antonio. Played at Incarnate Word. Coached at Miami previously. Literally carries a DB off the field after a big INT on Daniels. Their kids ATE THAT UP. He's 40. His staff is full of these types of guys-young, up and coming coaches who will bust their asses recruiting and know how to connect with people. Sexiest candidate we've discussed? No. Its an interesting idea to at least me though.

Back