What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzalez and Rice transferring out isn’t just a CU problem, it is a problem across college football. The current structure of the game is to have non top-10 teams become the minor league feeder programs for the top-10 programs.

I admit I haven't followed the portal super closely this year but are there any other 4-win teams that lost their two best players and almost assuredly more? Arizona and Kansas don't even seem to be losing players on the same caliber that we are. Dorrell may be the biggest disaster in P5 football

I admit I haven't followed the portal super closely this year but are there any other 4-win teams that lost their two best players and almost assuredly more? Arizona and Kansas don't even seem to be losing players on the same caliber that we are. Dorrell may be the biggest disaster in P5 football

I agree, you don’t pay attention to football outside of Boulder.

Well, the transfers might deliver what most of us really want sooner than expected.

Starters leaving a program is a serious indictment against a coach that cannot be ignored and cannot be spun into something it’s not.

Barring a miracle, I don’t see Dorrell making it past 2022. I hope Rick George is out too.

Say what you will about Dorrell-but when you're trying to build, you need kids who aren't going to look for the easy way out when it gets hard for them here.

Rice is easily the kind of kid who might get left behind in the portal because there's so much talent in it right now. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Are you high? Literally and/or figuratively? Rice will have plenty of good options. We’ve had kids transfer to lower level schools (good attrition) but Rice will not be one of those kids. He’s not getting left behind in the portal.

Well, the transfers might deliver what most of us really want sooner than expected.

Starters leaving a program is a serious indictment against a coach that cannot be ignored and cannot be spun into something it’s not.

Barring a miracle, I don’t see Dorrell making it past 2022. I hope Rick George is out too.
I really think you’re underestimating the bunker mentality that is in the CUAD right now. Guarantee these will be spun with “these guys didn’t want to put in the hard work necessary to build this program up” or some other laughably bad spin.

I really think you’re underestimating the bunker mentality that is in the CUAD right now. Guarantee these will be spun with “these guys didn’t want to put in the hard work necessary to build this program up” or some other laughably bad spin.
You're already seeing that garbage spouted on this board. Dorrell is a disaster and anybody with half a clue (players and fans) know this. Why play for a guy who can't win, can't make you better and can't get you to the league. We're going to end up with a roster of players who are here because CU was by far and away their best option.

Last edited:
You know there are also some dumbass fans who think Rice is gone because we fired Chev.

You know there are also some dumbass fans who think Rice is gone because we fired Chev.
Ridiculous. That being said, one could legitimately make an argument that Chiv would have been a better HC hire than KD. Think about that for a moment.

Then think about the fact that we gave KD $18M guaranteed (or whatever it is)

I don't think CU's downfall is due to neglect. It was an intentional dismantling of the football team. We had some "scandals" that wouldn't bother a nun and decided to kill the football team because of it. A self imposed death penalty.
My recollection is that our lead defense lawyer during the 'sex scandal' was confident we would win, but the regents, 1 of whom was married to a plaintiff's attorney, decided it would be better to pay. (I think that's accurate)

Ridiculous. That being said, one could legitimately make an argument that Chiv would have been a better HC hire than KD. Think about that for a moment.

Then think about the fact that we gave KD $18M guaranteed (or whatever it is)
When the bar is this low, one could argue Dave Logan would have been a better choice as well. It's that bad.

I mean, maybe he's still here if our offense wasn't a total mess? He has NFL aspirations and caught 21 passes for 299 yards and 3 TDs last year. That's absolutely pathetic. And it's entirely a product of how **** our offense was. I don't blame him at all for going elsewhere where he can put up legit numbers.

You know NFL scouts were writing something along the lines of:

-good size/speed
-good hands
-bad production, product of offense?
-unknown how productive he'd be in a good offense

nobody is using a day 1-2 pick on 299 yards receiving

I get the NIL stuff is rough and could also play a role, but what did CU do to deserve this dude's final year?
Yeah I’m not convinced it had much to do with NIL. He’s not getting drafted with another season like 2021, so he has to go somewhere he knows that’s unlikely to happen, even if it’s not an elite program.

My recollection is that our lead defense lawyer during the 'sex scandal' was confident we would win, but the regents, 1 of whom was married to a plaintiff's attorney, decided it would be better to pay. (I think that's accurate)
Cindy Carlisle, and she refused to recuse herself of the process. She is dirty dirty dirty

Pretty sad to see folks blaming the players who are transferring, the transfer rules, and NIL (all of which finally give the players some power) instead of the real problem, which is the absolute ****ing ****show that is the CU football program. If CU wasn't so ****ing bad, and run by ****ing clueless coaches and ****ing negligent administration, we'd likely not be losing our best players.

Pretty sad to see folks blaming the players who are transferring, the transfer rules, and NIL (all of which finally give the players some power) instead of the real problem, which is the absolute ****ing ****show that is the CU football program. If CU wasn't so ****ing bad, and run by ****ing clueless coaches and ****ing negligent administration, we'd likely not be losing our best players.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I love the sport of college football and the University of Colorado more than I love individual college football players. Because of that, I hate NIL and no-sit transfer rules because I don’t think you can want the sport to thrive AND want NIL/Transfers in its current form. I also acknowledge those are symptoms of bigger issues in CFB like no governing body, uneven playing field with scheduling, different TV deals for different conferences, etc.

It is funny to watch posters continually one-up each other with extreme posts. Every once in a while there is a post that goes too far and is flat out stupid. Congrats.
That was kind of the point buddy. I have hammered on the KD hire since the moment it was made, and the program has only accelerated its demise in to nothingness. The fact that anyone could even legitimately take a position that we would have been better off with Chiv goes to show how much of a joke this has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back