What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

On Fire GIF

LMC, now JuJu…and we didn’t land Bear?! Dammit…

Well didn't we have a nice run of player having big spring games only to disappoint in the upcoming season?

I think I'm going to skip out on buying those preseason CFB mags this year but I can still order some Starbucks and read those for free at Barnes & Noble.

Jordyn Tyson liking Chase's tweet? Hopefully its just a sign of respect between friends.

Sowell leaving isn't a surprising. Gotta admit, losing and our top 2024 recruit is not the news I expected after the spring game though.
It was what it is. The difference from last year to this year is these defections will be answered. Last year the sky was actually falling.

MLC could be thinking he could be a #1 receiver and showcase himself instead of 2/3/4 on a team loaded with receivers. Many of us expressed surprise when guys left before the Spring game thinking they could showcase themselves if they were transferring. MLC did just that and probably succeeded. We shall see!

“How can you be #1 when you ain’t the one” - CP

MLC wore #1 last year. Obviously, Prime has strong feelings about that number and I thought it was odd MLC and Sowell both were issued #15 for the spring game. Both of them left today.

Maybe he felt disrespected, or didn’t want to risk being out of a role. If you don’t want to compete here you're not going to hack it at a major program. There’s competition at every major program.

MLC made a good catch on a frozen rope while well covered. The long TD was broken coverage and then he stiff armed a walkon safety to score.

I think he’s a good solid possession receiver who struggles a bit to get open. Doesn’t put fear into opponents and I’d expect is being recruited over already. If he can get a little NIL, that’s a good decision. He’s not playing in the league.

MLC could be thinking he could be a #1 receiver and showcase himself instead of 2/3/4 on a team loaded with receivers. Many of us expressed surprise when guys left before the Spring game thinking they could showcase themselves if they were transferring. MLC did just that and probably succeeded. We shall see!
In all fairness, the secondary he was going against was full of walk ons. I wish the kid the best

In all fairness, the secondary he was going against was full of walk ons. I wish the kid the best
One thing we know is that just because he has players doesn't mean that Prime stops recruiting. He has Hunter and Jabari and is still going hard after corners.

MLC is a guy I like, had success last year on a bad team, and had a good spring scrimmage.

Does this mean he was going to be a key receiver for the Buffs this year. He probably wouldn't have been out there with the ones had Horn been available. Prime has 4* guys coming in and will keep on looking for more.

Jordyn Tyson liking Chase's tweet? Hopefully its just a sign of respect between friends.

Sowell leaving isn't surprising and I thought several others would enter today. Didn't expect it to be MLC followed up by losing our top 2024 recruit however.
I don’t think Sowell was in the 2 deep at WR yet there was at least 2 and I believe 3 walkons in the 2 deep. Message to he, Page and Robinson. Estes was 2nd team. Mathis first team. Another guy lining up split, may have been Yelverton?

It's been said before, it's an NIL grab, and truly MLC played his hand perfectly. Good for him. Wishing him the best, just stay out of the Pac please.
He's a good player, but he's not a game-breaker explosive player. I wish him well, he's a solid P5 receiver with above average ability to catch contestable balls, but below average ability to create space. If he can get a bag, good for him. Tyson had much more ability to create space and get more targets last year. And he may be next up. Prime is still offering WRs and I'd expect lots of competition at the top for PT.

I mean Prime is pretty convincing , and Jabari Walker might have some eligibility left? Put together a NIL package and convince him to ditch the NBA and run with the Buffs on Folsom field!
No offense to Jabari, but I watched the basketball team play some football on Franklin field one year. The only basketball player you might want anywhere close to a football field is JH3.

Back