What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 AZ SF Cody Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Holy smokes.

So, he is probably one of the highest ranked recruits we have ever had, right?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

So exciting that he is getting another level of hype.

Is he getting this bump just because his brother is absolutely crushing it for the Thunder right now, or are these extra bumps related to something Cody is doing?
Its because he keeps showing development to where scouts can't find a real weakness with his game, and it's long been rumored that he may eventually jump to the #1 spot (not just with On3).

Then you see him #1 for the '24 draft, so scouts clearly have taken notice.

If it's anything to do with his brother, that's incredibly lazy because they have nothing to do with each other.

There's also the fact that the 2023 class is pretty weak overall at the top. I love Cody, and am thrilled to have him, but I'm not sure there's any other year in the last decade he would have been #1. There's no "signature" talent available.

There's also the fact that the 2023 class is pretty weak overall at the top. I love Cody, and am thrilled to have him, but I'm not sure there's any other year in the last decade he would have been #1. There's no "signature" talent available.

Not a fan of Bronny?

Not a fan of Bronny?
I think he's gonna be a player I love. He's a glue guy who is smarter than hell and will D up and make the opponent's lives hell. But he's not a "top tier" player most years. Or what you think of as a top tier guy.

Theoretically that is also good news for his draft class

I wonder if the strength of the 23 draft causes some players to stay to improve draft stalk for the weak 24 class.

Most of the projected lottery in 23 draft seems to be Overtime, Freshman, and International obviously Webanyama, Rayan Rupert also getting some looks.

So wonder if Lively, Phillips, Mitchell and some touted freshman that are now projected end of first stay and that in turn improves the 24 class.

I wonder if the strength of the 23 draft causes some players to stay to improve draft stalk for the weak 24 class.

Most of the projected lottery in 23 draft seems to be Overtime, Freshman, and International obviously Webanyama, Rayan Rupert also getting some looks.

So wonder if Lively, Phillips, Mitchell and some touted freshman that are now projected end of first stay and that in turn improves the 24 class.
Lively could massively improve his stock just by extending his range.

This is accurate,

And I still have zero problem getting the #1 guy in a weak class.

If he would be the 3rd, 4th, 6th best in another year he is still an outstanding player that any program in the country would be happy to have.

It doesn't hurt us though to have people all over the country when looking at a list of top prospects seeing CU next to his name. He's at the top of the list and that puts CU there as well. Recognition and credibility never hurt.

McDonald’s all star game. Had a couple really nice blow-by drives, one ending in a dunk. I am not going to care about defense in this type of game. But he looks comfortable and calm. He good.

Can’t wait for our fans to complain that he’s too skinny.

McDonald’s all star game. Had a couple really nice blow-by drives, one ending in a dunk. I am not going to care about defense in this type of game. But he looks comfortable and calm. He good.

Can’t wait for our fans to complain that he’s too skinny.
Only guy who produced offense for the first couple minutes for the East team. This Aden Holloway kid who came off the bench for the east team is a bucket getter though.

Dang! Didn’t realize this was on. Turned it on at around the 7 minute mark and saw Cody make a couple of plays then he was out. Can’t find a box score anywhere.

Dang! Didn’t realize this was on. Turned it on at around the 7 minute mark and saw Cody make a couple of plays then he was out. Can’t find a box score anywhere.
Same. I started flipping back and forth because every time I was watching it, CWill wasn't out there.

Wait, so he only played 3 ****ing minutes? No wonder I didn't see him out there. Oh well, they set that **** up as the Brony James show anyway. CWill is fine, that game is overrated. Seen plenty of dudes in it that did nothing after.
Oh yeah, it's complete bs. In practice he was one of the standouts. CWill is going places. First stop, CU.

Back