What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

Could potentially add UCF in there.

Highly doubtful that UCF will ever be on the ACC's radar. They are borderline on the Big East's radar, but the ACC would much prefer to pick the best of the Big East rather than raid Conference USA. USF would be in before UCF anyway, and not sure the ACC feels that much pressure to have another Florida school that noone really cares about.

Some A&M fans said that the A&M President did the SEC chant at a graduation ceremony today or something like that. Take that as a sign that A&M to the SEC is a done deal.

I read that it was students doing the chant, not the president.

They were trying to spell "success", but kept getting stuck trying to remember if the "k" came before or after the next "s"

If FSU also goes SEC, then who does ACC go after?

Syracuse (one of their original targets 7 years ago)
Pitt (makes alot of sense on many fronts)
West Virginia (probably not alone but in combo with Pitt if expanding past 12)
Louisville (similar to WVU but without the natural pairing)
Rutgers (pretty good overall fit but not as great as the above teams)
UConn (ditto)

Just 1 team, or 3 to get to 14 or 5 to get to 16?

Crazy times are here again!

Louisville's natural pairing is Kentucky, which might make them of some interest to the $EC...

If FSU also goes SEC, then who does ACC go after?

Syracuse (one of their original targets 7 years ago)
Pitt (makes alot of sense on many fronts)
West Virginia (probably not alone but in combo with Pitt if expanding past 12)
Louisville (similar to WVU but without the natural pairing)
Rutgers (pretty good overall fit but not as great as the above teams)
UConn (ditto)

Just 1 team, or 3 to get to 14 or 5 to get to 16?

Crazy times are here again!
louisville natural pairing with UK
junc-fishhead :lol:

The ACC puts a pretty big emphasis on academics, one of the main reasons West Virginia wasn't even mentioned during the '04-'05 expansion since it's tier-3. Maybe the ACC would take WVU this time for lack of better options. It certainly makes sense aside from academics - the Eers already play Maryland most years, used to have a fierce rivalry with VT in the Big East days, and their rivalry with UVA got ugly to the point it was called off after UVA's pep-band performed a "Beverly Hillbillies" skit that led to an outrage with the Governor of WV demanding an apology.

Looking through PAC12 colored glasses, why doesn't the Texas legislature demand that Texas Tech is aTm's second school? I would much rather the SEC take a Tech, further expand their region, get further into Texas and be happy with that. Then we can all chill for a few more years.

Then we wouldn't have to have all these discussions about whether or not we're going to include TTech in our expansion plans. Why do we ALWAYS talk about Tech when the SEC couldn't give 2 ****s about them?

Looking through PAC12 colored glasses, why doesn't the Texas legislature demand that Texas Tech is aTm's second school? I would much rather the SEC take a Tech, further expand their region, get further into Texas and be happy with that. Then we can all chill for a few more years.

Then we wouldn't have to have all these discussions about whether or not we're going to include TTech in our expansion plans. Why do we ALWAYS talk about Tech when the SEC couldn't give 2 ****s about them?

As long as no former SWC schools are in the Pac 12 I'm fine. Give me KU or maybe, maybe, maybe, Mizzou (although I hate those guys) and I'll be OK. But I'll pass on any Texass school. If we want to recruit Texas, lets just schedule Tcu and Houston a few times. If UT goes Indy and needs some schools for a schedule thats fine, as long as its a 1 for 1 or a 2 for 2, no way would I want to give them the satisfaction of a 2 for 1, unless they are paying us BIG TIME
!

Then what you want is for the Big Televewelve to swoop in and pick up UT and a few other Big Twelenine teams. Best of both worlds. Bailer gets ****ed and we don't get stuck with the wHorns in the process...

I can only pray

They were trying to spell "success", but kept getting stuck trying to remember if the "k" came before or after the next "s"

Louisville's natural pairing is Kentucky, which might make them of some interest to the $EC...

Meant natural pair for the invite (like inviting Pitt-WVU combo), but point taken and noted. Guess Tennessee would have to build up that UGA rivalry since UF-FSU would be in-conference.

Some Big 12 schools have put out official statements in support of the Big 12: Baylor, Texas, and KSU. Sounds like A&M to the SEC is on the very verge of happening. They did that after CU & NU left the Big 12 too.

Big East has to be worried now.

Either they lose a school to the ACC if FSU, VTech, or Clemson go to the SEC.

Or they could now be ripe for a Big 12 takeover of TCU, Louisville, and/or Cincy.

4b2008ca-73d5-c306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, random sighting! Seriously UBT, what is being said in Okie land?

Latest reports here in Oklahoma are that OU wants to stay in the Big 12. They want to see 3 teams added to the conference to return it to a 12 team league. TCU, BYU and Louisville are the three who were randomly mentioned yesterday. I don't think there is any substance to any of that -- that is just the desire of the OU fan.

I do not think OU will go to the SEC. OU does not fit academically with the SEC and the level of competition in the SEC is over the top. If the Big 12 fails, look for OU to push hard for Pac-10.

ESPN is reporting it's all but official that A&M will join the SEC and that FSU, Clemson, and Missouri are also likely to get SEC invites. I'm not sure how the hell Missouri got in there.

Missouri. They kept it closer to their chest this time. Live and learn...

so if the SEC goes to 16 teams are we going to see this from the Big 10 and Pac 12 as well? I really really don't want Texas, but would go KU, OU, OSU and TCU (if they want to leave the Big East). Let Texas go independent. That would give the Pac-12 the KC market and Dallas. Houston actually looks interesting in terms of tv potential, but I wonder how well they fit. OU and OSU are kinda meh to me.

ESPN is reporting it's all but official that A&M will join the SEC and that FSU, Clemson, and Missouri are also likely to get SEC invites. I'm not sure how the hell Missouri got in there.

A&M gives them a solid foothold in Texas, FSU has a huge following, Clemson is a logical addition as well. Taking FSU and Clemson is a severe blow to the ACC which is the only real rival the SEC has in the southeastern US. This gives them three schools and an uneven number. Adding Mizzou gives them a balanced number and a solid TV market in the midwest. Adding A&M and Mizzou could be huge if the SEC decided to create a regional TV network like the Big 10 and the PAC.

In the race to superconferences taking Mizzou means that the SEC also beats the Big 10 to the punch since Mizzou would have been a likely addition to the Big10 if they go to 16.

If this is indeed true about FSU and Clemson to the SEC, first off I'm surprised that Florida would agree to this. Although didn't someone mention earlier that the SEC doesn't need a unanimous vote to approve new members?

Anyway, the ACC needs to move quickly now and think about schools like Pitt, WV, Cuse and UConn. Conversely, this is an opportunity for the Big East to step up and possibly jump over the ACC in terms of conference pecking order. Maryland and BC would be the most likely targets, and possibly Miami now that FSU would be gone from the ACC and USF is already in the Big East.

If the SEC goes to 16 and takes Mizzou and A&M from the Big 12, the Big 12 is dead. Look for Texas, Tech, OU and OSU to head to the Pac 12.

Why? Because it would lead the Pac to go to 16 teams, which would likely include Texas?

Absolutely. The Big12-3 could have stayed together with just aTm leaving. Now, if Mizzou goes, the Big12-4 will definitely collapse and Texas, OU, Texas Tech and Okie Light are very likely to head our way, and I'm adamantly opposed to that. Pac-12 is clearly the best situation for CU

If the SEC goes to 16 and takes Mizzou and A&M from the Big 12, the Big 12 is dead. Look for Texas, Tech, OU and OSU to head to the Pac 12.

If (or should I say when) the Pac ends up going to 16 teams, these would be the 4 best options. I know you're saying that TT and OSU aren't, but they would be essentially required as tag-alongs with OU and UT.

If (or should I say when) the Pac ends up going to 16 teams, these would be the 4 best options. I know you're saying that TT and OSU aren't, but they would be essentially required as tag-alongs with OU and UT.

Yeah and that's part of what blows. To have to basically throw in two members who are **** academically and athletically just isn't appealing, especially because we're likely to be stuck in some "Southwest" division keeping us out of LA every year

I know that the pressure would be high to bring them as tag-alongs but in this situation Texas and OU don't hold all the high cards. If the Big XII collapses Texas and especially OU will need the PAC more than the PAC needs them. The PAC can continue just fine with 12. With 16 the SEC will be full, add Notre Dame and the Big 10 doesn't have room for four so somebody gets left out.

I can see the PAC inviting UT and OU but also a Kansas meaning that at least one of the tag-alongs gets left behind. Texas can't shove this one down anyones throat and likely Tech is to one left out. This could be especially true since the PAC presidents have seen how Texas works and may want to limit their influence in the conference.

This blows. Also disappointed to see an add for the LHN at the top of this site since it's the reason we're essentially going to get kicked out of SoCal right back to the plains with all the slackjawed yokels. Major buzzkill.

the net effect may be that we've de facto joined the Big XII South, replacing ATM, and playing Utah. and losing Baylor as a winnable game.

stinko.

Back