What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

Sounds like things are accelarating.... all might be done by the 15th

Why the need to do everything so soon??

Aggie is going to spend the entire 2011 season with a huge target on them, just for rushing this thing through.

it's like taking at **** and Texass is the ****. the quicker you poop it out the better you will feel right afterwards.

I dunno, if I was Texas A&M, and the Big 12 still has the 2 years notice before you leave language, I would take the full two years just to **** with UT.

I dunno, if I was Texas A&M, and the Big 12 still has the 2 years notice before you leave language, I would take the full two years just to **** with UT.
I guess that all depends on what else shakes out because of this. If the SEC does indeed invite Mizzou as well and the conference starts to fold, then A&M is sitting in a very good position, and won't have to pay anything to get out.

I guess that all depends on what else shakes out because of this. If the SEC does indeed invite Mizzou as well and the conference starts to fold, then A&M is sitting in a very good position, and won't have to pay anything to get out.

FSU is the odds makers favorite right now as the second school.

KU AD now saying there are nine committed Big 12-2 members.

:lol:

Assuming he means the Aggies are not committed, what are his feelings regarding Missouri? Missouri would bolt that conference in a split second if they had an offer. They're committed - until something else comes along.

I do have to admit I am surprised Aggie is the first school to get the ball rolling. I´d have gussed OU and Texas including Aggie in their circle of the priviliged to get 20m a year regardless would have been enough to keep them under control for a little while longer.

I've heard that, but I've also heard that the SEC is only considering schools that aren't in their current footprint of states. Mizzou would fit that criteria, have an automatic geographic rival in Arkansas, and would bring the KC & St Louis markets with it (plus the SEC doesn't have to worry about them ever being competitive in football). Good fit in my book.

Issue is once again going to be whether Mizzou powers-that-be can swallow being involved in SEC academics.

Edit: Who knows if what I hear is true? Probably nothing but lies. Stupid internet.

I do have to admit I am surprised Aggie is the first school to get the ball rolling. I´d have gussed OU and Texas including Aggie in their circle of the priviliged to get 20m a year regardless would have been enough to keep them under control for a little while longer.

That's because you don't fully appreciate aggy's hatred for Texas. aggy would cut off his own dick if he thought he could make UT choke on it.

I tend to think that FSU has been the first and foremost target by the $ec. And if the 'noles moved, how long will it be before the $ec tries to lure the Canes in?

The timing is all too perfect for the gAggies. They just got promised $20m a year by the b12-2. Pretty easy to meet your buyout obligations with that chunk of change coming in.

stay together Big12-3... Stay together. I know you are held together by the sticky seed of UT, but please god, don't run screaming into the night quite yet.

Why the need to do everything so soon??

Aggie is going to spend the entire 2011 season with a huge target on them, just for rushing this thing through.

There was talk that the Big 12-2 was going to revisit its conference agreement to make it even harder to leave. I'm guessing that might still be on the table and aTm wants out before it get worse for them to leave.

:popcorn:

Pulling up a chair to watch the B12-2 apocalypse. Go UT go, kill anohter conference. I hope they indy, and then have another McWilliams, Mackovic type run of mediocrity.:nod:

This whole mess is analagous to the kid that has tries to live with roommates but can never get along, the only answer is living alone. The only answer for UT is independence, if BYU can pull it off you'd think mighty Texas could.

There was talk that the Big 12-2 was going to revisit its conference agreement to make it even harder to leave. I'm guessing that might still be on the table and aTm wants out before it get worse for them to leave.

Supposedly TAMU has had their lawyers cooking up an argument that the Big 12 breached its fiduciary responsibilities by allowing UT to pursue more than the 1 third tier game they all agreed they would retain. As a result they may lawyer up and try to leave the Big 12 penalty free...ought to be interesting.

Bobbing heads on sports-talk radio this afternoon:

(1 good comment) - Sources from Arky say that aTm and FSU a done deal. gAggies have called a regents meeting for Monday (not previously scheduled), and the 'Noles set to announce in 2 weeks.

(1 off-the-wall comment) - uTerus will seek out Noter Dumb and try to create a new conference (how in the hell are they gonna work out all the tv dealings on that one).

(1 dumb comment) - BYU is the #1 target for conferences seeking another member.

TIFWIW.

Back