What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tee Martin followed Coach Tucker. I don't know how to fit him in on a staff but that's a great opportunity for a west coast recruiter, really hope Mel gives him a look.
USC's recently departed DL coach Kenechi Udeze followed as well, obviously these could be just guys looking for jobs, but I'd look at him as well. Udeze also followed Lanning and Schumann (and Lanning followed back), which is a bit of a weird coincidence? General vibe I got from USC fans is that Udeze wasn't top of their list of guys to let go (just read the replies to his goodbye tweet), certainly is viewed much more positively than Bradford or Tee.

Last edited:
USC's recently departed DL coach Kenechi Udeze followed as well, obviously these could be just guys looking for jobs, but I'd look at him as well. Udeze also followed Lanning and Schumann (and Lanning followed back), which is a bit of a weird coincidence? General vibe I got from USC fans is that Udeze wasn't top of their list of guys to let go (just read the replies to his goodbye tweet), certainly is viewed much more positively than Bradford or Tee.

For somebody who knows more about this than me-what kind of a poly recruiter is Udeze?

I heard that Brian Cabral was at the function last night.

Hopefully he'll be hired as a consultant to the program or as an AD employee this year. I suspect that the big thing with that is figuring out how to structure it so that it doesn't screw up his state pension.

Hopefully he'll be hired as a consultant to the program or as an AD employee this year. I suspect that the big thing with that is figuring out how to structure it so that it doesn't screw up his state pension.

Great buff. Gotta find a way to get him involved to the extent he wants to be.

Btw, I'm still pissed we wasted all week not hiring HCMT and not hiring new assistants. That will cost us recruits.

How would it screw up his state pension? The way PERA works is that you get a certain percentage of your highest earning year salary. Doesn’t matter if it was your first year in the job or your last.

Great buff. Gotta find a way to get him involved to the extent he wants to be.
No. You don't have to find a way to have him involved in football in any way. Getting the band back together, even if it is former Buffs or coaches working for RG isn't what's needed. If you want him shaking hands at donor events, great. This is 2018, and we could use every $$$ the AD has for things such as real analysts, consultants, recruiting staff (see UGA article) etc. Cabral has his retirement.

How would it screw up his state pension? The way PERA works is that you get a certain percentage of your highest earning year salary. Doesn’t matter if it was your first year in the job or your last.
just this year it changed from your highest paid 3 years to highest paid 5 years.
Where I work, the way to double dip, is to retire then get hired back on through a temp agency.

No. You don't have to find a way to have him involved in football in any way. Getting the band back together, even if it is former Buffs or coaches working for RG isn't what's needed. If you want him shaking hands at donor events, great. This is 2018, and we could use every $$$ the AD has for things such as real analysts, consultants, recruiting staff (see UGA article) etc. Cabral has his retirement.

The role he's got with Buffs4life now is perfect. He's a great presence to have at events like the one last night, and I'm sure he made appearances at practice here and there.

Last edited:
just this year it changed from your highest paid 3 years to highest paid 5 years.
Where I work, the way to double dip, is to retire then get hired back on through a temp agency.
Taking the thread in a totally different direction for the time being: I have an acquaintance who retired from the school district and is now in the sub pool. Double dipping at its finest. Probably makes more now than he ever did as a full time teacher.

I don't want him back on staff, but if he can help with fundraising-why wouldn't you do that?
A. Is he the best guy for that job, or just the best Buff? What are his qualifications?
B. How motivated is a guy to work who is collecting a 6-figure pension?
C. How many former Buffs need to work around RG? Does that really create a great positive work environment or might one risk everyone sitting around and complaining about the good ole days?

Any job that Cabral can do, I can find 50 people under the age of 30 who can do it better. I can't think of a role that RG needs to fill to have old buffs sit around and shake donors hands. Invest in Analytics and Recruiting. Every single left over dollar.

Taking the thread in a totally different direction for the time being: I have an acquaintance who retired from the school district and is now in the sub pool. Double dipping at its finest. Probably makes more now than he ever did as a full time teacher.
Yep = that's what we all aspire to do. Retire at 50, then start making real $

Also, Kstate's coaching staff is a ****ing nightmare if you are a KSU fan. Mostly KSU legacies.

Also, Kstate's coaching staff is a ****ing nightmare if you are a KSU fan. Mostly KSU legacies.
No kidding. No wonder that program has ceased all forward momentum.

Seems like yesterday they were near the top of the NCAA world with Optimus Klein. Have basically evaporated since.

A. Is he the best guy for that job, or just the best Buff? What are his qualifications?
B. How motivated is a guy to work who is collecting a 6-figure pension?
C. How many former Buffs need to work around RG? Does that really create a great positive work environment or might one risk everyone sitting around and complaining about the good ole days?

Any job that Cabral can do, I can find 50 people under the age of 30 who can do it better. I can't think of a role that RG needs to fill to have old buffs sit around and shake donors hands. Invest in Analytics and Recruiting. Every single left over dollar.

I changed my response-he's fine in the role with B4L he has, and I'm sure he comes to practice here and there-in addition to stuff like last night. If his presence is an asset at events like recruiting luncheons and he's comfortable with that, I'm all for it.

No kidding. No wonder that program has ceased all forward momentum.

Seems like yesterday they were near the top of the NCAA world with Optimus Klein. Have basically evaporated since.
He’s a good coach now. I’d consider him in some position on offense.

Time to freak out. Tucker officially introduced yesterday. It's been 24 hours and we haven't heard who the assistants are or what recruits are visiting.
giphy.gif

Back