What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like both Hagan and daPrato just started following Coach Tuck on the Twitter. Perhaps they got good news about having a role on the team moving forward. Another interesting recent follower, Dave Gibbs.
Interesting.

TTU was 106 in total defense this year, for reference CU was 53. 449yds/game, 31.1pts/game. 3 spots higher than CSU's defense.

Interesting.

TTU was 106 in total defense this year, for reference CU was 53. 449yds/game, 31.1pts/game. 3 spots higher than CSU's defense.
However, you'll have a tough time finding a TTU fan who doesn't love Gibbs and think he's done a solid job rebuilding that defense, interestingly enough. He interviewed for Houston's DC job recently, surprised they haven't hired him back on the spot.

Last edited:
An interesting recent follow is Otis Mounds out of Akron.

DB's / Passing Game Coordinator / Recruiting coordinator.

Has coached a bunch of pro DB's, and has had stops that include Indiana, Miss, Florida, Texas, and Ohio. Played at Auburn.

Interesting.

Definitely struggled defensively at Tech, but I seem to recall his Houston defenses being pretty salty.

Definitely struggled defensively at Tech, but I seem to recall his Houston defenses being pretty salty.
Given how HCMT has stated he wants to be involved in the defense, I wonder if Gibbs would be cool with it? If so, that might work out well honestly.

Interesting.

I would look at points per possession and yards per play for a more accurate description of their defense this year.

Looks like both Hagan and daPrato just started following Coach Tuck on the Twitter. Perhaps they got good news about having a role on the team moving forward. Another interesting recent follower, Dave Gibbs.
Okay coach and great Buff, but he's never recruited a 4 or 5 star player since 247 started tracking coaches. Pass.

https://247sports.com/Coach/David-Gibbs-1611/AllTimeRecruits/

Edit: I just noticed that Gibbs is listed as secondary recruiter on every one of those players. Can that possibly be right? He’s never snagged anyone as the primary recruiter? o_O

Last edited:
Coincidentally, Coley picked up a follow recently from Tyler Lytle.
Yeah I brought that up a couple pages ago, him and his dad for whatever reason had reason to go to his twitter page yesterday.

Edit: Also saw this, which seems kind of random from an FSU guy -

Last edited:
Coincidentally, Coley picked up a follow recently from Tyler Lytle.

I want Coley in the fold as OC before we do anything else. Damn good recruiter, and his offenses at Miami were solid. He'd be the biggest AC get we've had in years here. Make the man a millionaire and let him do whatever he wants with this offense.

I want Coley in the fold as OC before we do anything else. Damn good recruiter, and his offenses at Miami were solid. He'd be the biggest AC get we've had in years here. Make the man a millionaire and let him do whatever he wants with this offense.

Were those offenses solid? My vague recollection of Miami in the Al Golden years is of pretty pedestrian offenses relative to the talent they had. I’d be cool with him in Boulder, but that has more to do with his recruiting reputation—he’d have something to prove as an offensive architect and play caller.

Back