What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one Tumpkin DV allegation thread - fed judge dismisses lawsuit against CU

Anyone know what the standard of evidence is in Colorado for a judge to grant a temporary restraining order? Is an accusation enough or does there need to be some evidence beyond that?

I have no issue with a coach getting his drunk on the night before a game. Not like showing up drunk for work.

Recruiting gurus: who is Tumpkin the lead on?

That's the worst part of the timing of this and why we need to see someone hired quickly. Not really the guy who got our commits (Miami, Louisiana & Houston), but he pretty much took over as the primary contact for all of Clark & Leavitt's guys. It's too much to then turn everything he was on to another coach, especially when that other coach wouldn't even be a defensive guy (not a role for Jeffcoat). Not gonna put Bernardi or Lindgren on this. So exactly how thin can you spread Chev, Adams & Hagan? We need to see a hire made quickly.

Anyone know what the standard of evidence is in Colorado for a judge to grant a temporary restraining order? Is an accusation enough or does there need to be some evidence beyond that?

Helped one woman in a DV case. She did have marks on her throat and that might have helped her get that RO more easily. From what I have heard about ROs, I think you would need a good reason to get one. Given that the cops were called in one case, perhaps there's a report somewhere to refer to. But I don't know exactly what the standard could be like.

Restraining Orders are tricky, I had one years back that was a joke. I told my son's mom what I thought of her parenting, no threats at all. That was enough in the judge's eyes. I don't know how it differs from state to state? Some of the lawyers here could answer it better than I could.

I have no issue with a coach getting his drunk on the night before a game. Not like showing up drunk for work.

So it's okay if the coaches get intoxicated the evening before a game but what about the players? Isn't there a reason players stay in hotels the night before even a home game?

Not buying that at all.

Restraining Orders are tricky, I had one years back that was a joke. I told my son's mom what I thought of her parenting, no threats at all. That was enough in the judge's eyes. I don't know how it differs from state to state? Some of the lawyers here could answer it better than I could.
My buddy at CU had a restraining order against one of the security guys at Folsom Field. It was pretty funny.

Temporary protection orders are easier to get than permanent. I think the judge just has to find the information contained within the application to be credible based upon a preponderance of the evidence. That is why temporary orders are often granted and then a hearing is scheduled to make them permanent. The restrained party has the right to present evidence or make statements against the order.

EDIT: The statute says "sufficeint cause." Sounds like something between a preponderance of the evidence and probable cause.

"
Upon the filing of a complaint duly verified, alleging that the respondent has committed acts that would constitute grounds for a civil protection order, any judge or magistrate, after hearing the evidence and being fully satisfied therein that sufficient cause exists, may issue a temporary civil protection order to prevent the actions complained of and a citation directed to the respondent commanding the respondent to appear before the court at a specific time and date and to show cause, if any, why said temporary civil protection order should not be made permanent. In addition, the court may order any other relief that the court deems appropriate. Complaints may be filed by persons seeking protection for themselves or for others as provided in section 26-3.1-102 (1) (b) and (1) (c), C.R.S. "

Last edited:
The nubs had a coach blow a 2.o or some **** after taking out a couple cars..mfjl "alegedly" beat some kid..WTF

Allsome. All I had to do was sit down to know what was coming, she'd, the judge, already made up her mind for whatever reason. Because I said she treated my son like the black sheep, she ****ing does even now. Thank God he didn't wanna go to Tucson with her today.

Guys, innocent before proven guilty remember?

Maybe it is just a coincidence she waited until the very day Leavitt was named D coordinator at Oregon, putting Joe in contention for a promotion, to file this. Even though it had been going on since Feb 2015.

This is just one side of the story (okay, hopefully).

Guys, innocent before proven guilty remember?

Maybe it is just a coincidence she waited until the very day Leavitt was named D coordinator at Oregon, putting Joe in contention for a promotion, to file this. Even though it had been going on since Feb 2015.

This is just one side of the story (okay, hopefully).

To be fair, it appears she called the police about a month before in response to an incident around the Wazzu game.

Innocence until proven guilty, and beyond a reasonable doubt are good standards to use when you're talking about calling down the full force and power of the government to take away the fundamental rights of a human being. They are good and necessary checks against government power.

In other words, they limit the power the government has to take away fundamental human rights, like the liberty to not be behind bars.

They are not good standards by which to decide who is or is not a good representative of your institution or good role model and mentor for young men.

He needs to be gone yesterday.

Last edited:
So, I am a recruit... I want to play, win and have a chance to get to the next level. I have high interest in CU and committed but not signed. In the past month, CU has been blown out twice, lost their high profile defensive coordinator, lost their best young coach (both to lateral moves within the PAC 12) and the Safety's coach who has been recruiting me placed his hands around a woman's neck.

I would expect CU to lose more than a few/usual players who have committed. This past month could not have been worse, for anyone not named HCMM!

Well, it's really simple if you look at it. I'm not one to tell people how to live. If you can't handle your drinking anymore though, it's something you might wanna look at. Maybe they could get him some help or demand it. Otherwise he needs to regardless, be a ****ing man.

4473423-6195274380-This_.jpg

Back