What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona Game - Official Thread (10/7, 6 PM, Pac-12 Network)

Our total lack of success in recruiting the front 7 on defense can't be overcome now.

I have no idea why we don't have 4 JUCO DL coming in next year.

Yep. Jackson is playing winning football on the DL. That's it.

Also, we have issues at the 2nd level. Lewis has been a player. But Gamboa is so limited, McCartney is a shadow of his former self, and no one is giving us the Gilbert pass rush. Moeller makes some plays, but it's also pretty obvious that he's limited. Need to play the underclassmen.
Yup, out of the front 7, we have 2 guys playing PAC 12 level football.

Should have gone onsides after every score, in retrospect. Made no difference whether it was a 45 or 75 yard field for the UA offense. Maybe we would have gained a possession and won the game.
Listen to MM's explanation. Essentially, he was afraid to try

one thing i've consistently said about MM over the years, is he is not a good game day coach - he just cannot make adjustments. post-game he said we lost 'because we couldn't tackle #14, what's his name - Kate' and 'if we played them again, it would be the same thing, we can't tackle him' that is totally lame. they had to be able to make some adjustments, but made none. what's he get $2 million a year? ridiculous

Its shocking that 4 and 5 star players weren't beating down our door 3 or 4 years ago.
We're not talking blue chip. We're talking someone better than gamboa or a DL worth a damn. Not exactly asking too much

MacIntyre is a very strong organizational coach. He needs to move away from assistants in that lane. Hire recruiters. He's good enough on the other stuff to coach up the coaches but he needs dudes.

Reactions: wip
MacIntyre is a very strong organizational coach. He needs to move away from assistants in that lane. Hire recruiters. He's good enough on the other stuff to coach up the coaches but he needs dudes.

hopefully he can organize a one way bus pass for Jeffcoat to El Paso

Reactions: SBG
MM was a big cry baby after the UW debacle.....i felt last year Leavitt was the motivation and the glue....his enthusiasm was infectious. MM is not that way. Chiv will leave in the offseason...MM doesn't like competetion....

MM was a big cry baby after the UW debacle.....i felt last year Leavitt was the motivation and the glue....his enthusiasm was infectious. MM is not that way. Chiv will leave in the offseason...MM doesn't like competetion....
Because Leavitt is doing such a bang up job at Oregon this year.

Because Leavitt is doing such a bang up job at Oregon this year.

His defense gave up 33 points to faulk at home. Elliot? You don't think this defense would be better if he was here?

Doesn't matter now, that ship has sailed. We have weak DL and LB'S and zero pass rush.

Please watch the presser Buff fans and tell me MM is the solution. I am horrible embarrassed for him.

Wasn't impressed with the lack of adjustments-the only one they made was to forcefeed Arizona Phillip Lindsay. Still don't think this season goes off the rails YET. I circled four games in conference play (this one, next week, Cal, and ASU) and figured 3-1 or 4-0 in those games was possible. The margin of error is now gone, and thats assuming for the sake of this we don't do something like win in Pullman. If we blow another one of those games, Brian Lindgren is the sacrificial lamb more than likely-all the talent at the skill positions......and this kind of production is all we get?

His defense gave up 33 points to faulk at home. Elliot? You don't think this defense would be better if he was here?

Doesn't matter now, that ship has sailed. We have weak DL and LB'S and zero pass rush.
Leavitt got out due to money, knowledge that the defense was going to regress this year, and a better track to getting back to being a HC. That and the fact that he was a hired gun who really didn't play well with others on the coaching staff. It ran its course.

Focusing on Eliot, I do have serious issues with his game plan. Are we capable of playing zone coverage to keep eyes toward the backfield? Man coverage against a team that runs every play and a QB who can't go through his read progressions is just stupid.

We had no answer for their QB. That kid was incredible, doesn't matter who he was playing against.

Our D was too slow, and the penalties were a killer. This isn't their year, but firing the head coach right now would be insane.

MM is always in rebuilding mode, instead of time to win mode. He tries to keep everything so positive with rainbows and unicorns. He should be pissed as hell at penalties, pissed as hell at tackling. We cannot lose Chiv, rather he should sacrifice Lindgren to continue to develop Chiv because he is keeping this ship moving.

Oregon was playing their third string qb.....look overall Oregon's D has made great strides......their D was on the field too much. Face it...MM and Leavitt did not get along...MM has made his bed....no bowl this year . .still have MWC assistants besides Chiv.....yippee Kay yay!!

He needs to improve the quality of this staff significantly. He does not have the Rolodex nor personality

I bet that QB doesn’t break 100 yards rushing again this season. We have a habit of making people look way better than they actually are.

Tonight wasn't even lack of talent on that side of the ball-piss-poor fundamentals is the best way to describe it. You have to attack the zone read the same way you do the triple option.

Solid open field tackling-This didn't happen. Felt like we whiffed at least once every time we got gashed by Arizona.
Gap responsibility/pursuit discipline-this didn't happen either. Saw a lot of overplaying the play, guys getting caught out of position, and plain getting fooled by Khalil Tate.

There was a No. 43 on the field tonight who doesn't run too fast but caught 2 TD passes. Looked like he was lined up on the very end of the OL. I found this very interesting and I'd suggest that the Buffs do more of it. Quite innovative. Who says we don't have stellar Offensive Minds behind the curtain....

Leavitt got out due to money, knowledge that the defense was going to regress this year, and a better track to getting back to being a HC. That and the fact that he was a hired gun who really didn't play well with others on the coaching staff. It ran its course.

Focusing on Eliot, I do have serious issues with his game plan. Are we capable of playing zone coverage to keep eyes toward the backfield? Man coverage against a team that runs every play and a QB who can't go through his read progressions is just stupid.

You make some good points but there was baggage between Leavitt and MM too.

Back