What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

I give zero credence to a change in play calling on D. Need second source.

I may be viewing it through Rose tinted glasses but the Defensive calls after UCLA are very different. No I do not think 1 game to another game is the result of multiple players suddenly getting it. That was a top down change.

The only explanation I have heard for it is what McChesney laid out and it fits.
If you rewatch the games you also see a change in Summers he seems much more involved.

I may be viewing it through Rose tinted glasses but the Defensive calls after UCLA are very different. No I do not think 1 game to another game is the result of multiple players suddenly getting it. That was a top down change.

The only explanation I have heard for it is what McChesney laid out and it fits.
If you rewatch the games you also see a change in Summers he seems much more involved.

I like Summers' orange CU cap.

I’m with Duff. We played two teams that were disappointed and winding down their seasons.

Why? It was clear there was a drastic change in style and aggressiveness in the playcalling. It's really not that far fetched, no matter how much you want to continue schilling for Tucker because he fit your "bbf" narrative.
They learned the D, especially Money. Moved Perry outside for rush. Hid Landman. Moved Wells to middle. Got Taylor to edge in Star. Early on, the D could not even line up correctly. They had to play base too frequently, including entire CSU game, because install was late and certain players were having a hard time grasping D.

Additionally sideline behavior suggested, to me, that Summers was calling D. And Tucker said early Summers would call plays. Plus he did in practice and spring game I saw.

I am not shilling for Tucker. I listed my reasons.

i am glad to be wrong.

I would like a second source confirmation.

I don't know why some people are pushing an agenda that CU's wins over Stanford and Washington were not good wins just to marginalize Summers. Arguably the two best coaches in the conference, along with everyone's favorite assistant coach in Jimmy Lake. Stanford wasn't good for most of the season, but some of that is attributed to KJ Costello being out for most of the season, and he played against CU. Washington was still an 8 win team and a team we hadn't beaten since joining the conference.

I'm not suggesting that Summers is an elite DC by any stretch, but with the injuries and attrition the defense suffered last season, I don't think holding those two teams to 13 and 14 points, respectively, should be downplayed.

Landman also wasn’t in coverage nearly as much later in the season.

The different schemes and increased aggression later in season point to something happening. I’m hoping it was that Summers took over the play calling.
They moved Landman outside and Wells to the Middle in the Star. It was a good move.

I don't know why some people are pushing an agenda that CU's wins over Stanford and Washington were not good wins just to marginalize Summers. Arguably the two best coaches in the conference, along with everyone's favorite assistant coach in Jimmy Lake. Stanford wasn't good for most of the season, but some of that is attributed to KJ Costello being out for most of the season, and he played against CU. Washington was still an 8 win team and a team we hadn't beaten since joining the conference.

I'm not suggesting that Summers is an elite DC by any stretch, but with the injuries and attrition the defense suffered last season, I don't think holding those two teams to 13 and 14 points, respectively, should be downplayed.

Well, it's not like those teams have outrecruited us for the past decade or so.

I would assume that KD sat in the film room with these coaches to observe their units performances. Summers D was progressing.
Maybe KD and DC have to watch all the offensive snaps from 2018 to verify playcalling strategy?

I would assume that KD sat in the film room with these coaches to observe their units performances. Summers D was progressing.
Maybe KD and DC have to watch all the offensive snaps from 2018 to verify playcalling strategy?
Are we sure Chev is getting that OC job? Im not 100% sold on that yet.

I look forward to Summers being just good enough to be here again in 2021.

Back