What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bench Montez (9-14 edition)

Reminds me a ton of the NFL version of Jameis Winston. Can make every throw on the field... just not consistently. Holds on to the ball seemingly for forever, good for a few “where the hell was that going” throws each game, completely abandons sound mechanics for long stretches, and looks awkward as hell when scrambling.

There’s enough times where he looks unstoppable to give you hope, but is ultimately not a guy you can consistently win with.

I don’t think the backups would fare any better, but I won’t exactly be sad getting off this wild ride at the end of the season
Great comparison

I've heard from two different people today who were at the game saying there were players open all over the field.
He missed some open receivers. Their DBs also played well. Good scheme. And CU WRs ran some crappy routes (See Browm on last play of game)

Yeah? Well, that experience will pay dividends.
Yup, I'm sure that the Arizona State fans are just excited as can be to see their team score 3 points in 3+ quarters today.

Guarantee their message boards are covered with "Change the QB" post today.

Yup, I'm sure that the Arizona State fans are just excited as can be to see their team score 3 points in 3+ quarters today.

Guarantee their message boards are covered with "Change the QB" post today.
Wrong. Go check it out, mister verbose bitch.

So what exactly is your solution genius? I guess we have Peyton Manning and Joe Montana waiting on the bench to take over.

I am not in any way trying to say that Montez is a great QB, sometimes he isn't even a good QB.

He also though isn't a terrible QB and we have a lot more problems that just the guy trying to catch the snaps that are being launched over his head.

Making Montez the scapegoat for an entire team's worth of errors is ridiculous.
Nobody is making him the scapegoat. It was a team loss. But anybody with 2 cents worth an actual 2 cents will agree that Montez made a WAY too ****ing large contribution to the loss for a 5th year senior with 30 starts. THAT'S what stands out to anyone watching with objectivity. Decision making and dealing with some line pressure, once again.

Wrong bonehead, just went to look. Not as much QB bitching as here but plenty of complaining. "Looks like a freshman" "Can't hit an easy pass"
You are an idot. ASU is thrilled they are still in the game with a chance to win. Giving the freshman experience will be invaluable later this year and future years....which was my point about our incoming stud freshman.

He missed some open receivers. Their DBs also played well. Good scheme. And CU WRs ran some crappy routes (See Browm on last play of game)
I thought CU should have attacked the edges all game with their athleticism, but seemed liked they only tried once

I thought CU should have attacked the edges all game with their athleticism, but seemed liked they only tried once
Agree, Pate. I’m not a fan of stretch play with these backs and this line. Montez keeper was there a couple of times as well.

Bradshaw might be a very good comparison with Montez. Bradshaw was a guy with outstanding physical tools but who was criticized his entire career for his mental game. He was also a guy when put in the right situation won a lot of games.
Bingo, you gotta have both to be a very good to great player. Otherwise, you'll see what you're seeing. He's a fifth year senior and still doing the same ****, pretty telling. Hell, it has been for awhile.

Back