What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

With 3:00 minutes to go CSU was driving down the field on a 9 play 72 yard drive that WSU couldn't stop and ended with a touchdown to pull within a score. Safe to say CSU was every bit as talented as WSU on the field.

You don't know what words mean

CSU will investigate assistant coach's homophobic outburst.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- While people will talk about the fantastic finish to Colorado State's 48-45 New Mexico Bowl victory over Washington State for a while, the hot topic early was a verbal altercation between Cougars' junior quarterback Connor Halliday and CSU defensive line coach Greg Lupfer.

In video that hit the internet fast, it appeared Lupfer had used off-color language toward Halliday, who after the game admitted as much and more, though he didn't elaborate.

"Coach grabbed me and said some profane things to me," Halliday said. "That's all I'll say about it."

In an extend clip of the incident shown on ESPN, it appears the two may have made contact, but it wasn't initiated by Lupfer. It also shows Lupfer never grabbed Halliday, but another coach, assistant strength and conditioning coach Rashad Harris, does touch Halliday in an attempt to seperate the two and get Halliday moving back toward the field and away from the CSU sideline.

Lupfer was not made available for comment after the game, but the school did issue a statement from him through the team's Twitter account in two posts.

"I am truly sorry for what I said. It was wrong and those words to not represent who I am and what I believe in. I apologize for the embarrassment I caused Colorado State University, this team & my family," they read.

By the end of the game, Colorado State athletic director Jack Graham had seen the video, had already talked to Lupfer and planned to investigate further.

"I'm fully aware of what happened; I've seen footage of what happened," Graham said. "We're going to take a deep dive on this. It appears as if it was a very inappropriate event. We will take a deep and thorough dive around it. If it is what it appears to have been, that's not who we are, it's not who Colorado State University is. It's unacceptable behavior, and we'll deal with it appropriately."

Graham said if during their investigation they needed to call Washington State, he would. He also said they would not rush to judgment, adding they will take as much time as necessary to come to the right decision.

deep dive? :wtf: it's a pretty obvious incident. Unless you are investigating whether this coach says that kind of thing all the time, all necessary investigaiton is done.

This marries nicely to the racist comments that Jack Graham and Coach Sparkles levied last Spring. Classy program up there in FoCo

deep dive? :wtf: it's a pretty obvious incident. Unless you are investigating whether this coach says that kind of thing all the time, all necessary investigaiton is done.

It's CSU. Graham is rightly confident that the story won't have legs beyond that day's news cycle. Stall, do nothing, and it will go away. Sometimes it's nice to be small time.

All class

[video=youtube;LjWD1yehMkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWD1yehMkM[/video]

Would have been awesome if he had decked him. The guy deserved it.

Why is a coach yelling at an opposing player anyway? GMAFB

Beyond that, congrats to the Lambs for winning a bowl game.

Wait, I thought every green lamb was of the highest moral character, pert near deified by breathing the air in Fort Collins. That film can't be real.

I'm certain this will convince them that they will mop the field with us next year.

Let's all jump with excitement for the Famous Potatos Bowl (Couldn't make that up if I tried) with SDSU who always underperforms their talent against the mighty U of Buffalo

Obviously, you don't know how to find the hidden gems. It's all in the special teams.

Uh, woops.

" The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl didn’t go according to plan for Buffalo. The Bulls were easily defeated by San Diego State, and an onside kick in the fourth quarter was an epic fail.
Punter Tyler Grassman attempted an onside kick, but instead of giving his team a chance to recover, the ball barely moved off the tee."

buffonside.gif

Coming on the heels of CSU players beating the hell out of that gay student, one has to wonder if there's a culture issue in that program.

A large contingent of their fan base wants this as their fight song:

"I'll sing you a song of college days, and tell you where to go.
Aggies, where your knowledge is, and Boulder to spend your dough.
C.C. for your sissy boys, and Utah for your times, D.U. for your ministers, and drunkards School of Mines.
Don't send my boy to Wyoming U. a dying mother said. Don't send him to old Brigham Young, I'd rather see him dead.
But send him to our Aggies, it's better than Cornell.
Before I'd see him in Boulder, I'd see my son in hell!"

Aggie being aggie.

A large contingent of their fan base wants this as their fight song:

Aggie being aggie.
If memory serves me - and that is a very big IF - that little ditty was authored by crusty old goat Fum McGraw. KU has a similar song, although much less mean spirited, with other teams mentioned in the lyrics. They were trying to decide whether to change the words after CU, MU, and the nubs bolted the XII Lite.

If memory serves me - and that is a very big IF - that little ditty was authored by crusty old goat Fum McGraw. KU has a similar song, although much less mean spirited, with other teams mentioned in the lyrics. They were trying to decide whether to change the words after CU, MU, and the nubs bolted the XII Lite.

Yeah it's fume's song. When their new AD took over a bunch of the ram's fans asked him to bring it back.

Don't the Lambs lose four starting o-lineman and their entire d-line to graduation? I'm looking forward to another double digit win next year.

Without looking at their roster and knowing specifics, they almost always seem to be able to reload with experienced enough guys on the oline to still be pretty good each year. I suppose they must have been redshirting and developing guys in a more responsible manner than us (/sarcasm hard to believe /sarcasm).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coming on the heels of CSU players beating the hell out of that gay student, one has to wonder if there's a culture issue in that program.

Oh no, they take these things VERY seriously in Coach McElwain's program...

[tweet]415282864641425408[/tweet]

No, really, VERY SERIOUSLY :lol:

Oh no, they take these things VERY seriously in Coach McElwain's program...

[tweet]415282864641425408[/tweet]

No, really, VERY SERIOUSLY :lol:

"Coach! You know that two week paid vacation you have coming up?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, we are suspending you during that time. With pay."

"Yes, sir."

"You take this punishment seriously! We don't **** around here!!!"

"Can I go now?"

"Sure. I don't know what the **** we are talking about anyway...."

CSU players beat up a gay student? Do you have a link to that?

So, in the last 2 years:

1) AD and HC making blatantly racist comments to alumni
2) CSU players jumping out of a car and beating the crap out of fellow students
3) Assistant coach jawing with an opposing player and then using homophobic slurs against said player.

CSU players beat up a gay student? Do you have a link to that?

So, in the last 2 years:

1) AD and HC making blatantly racist comments to alumni
2) CSU players jumping out of a car and beating the crap out of fellow students
3) Assistant coach jawing with an opposing player and then using homophobic slurs against said player.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/csu-football-players-and-_n_1459419.html

s-BEATING-large.jpg

In a 90-page police report obtained by the media, Gocha claims homophobic slurs were yelled and that he yelled back before an SUV loaded with CSU football players emptied onto the street and a fight ensued.

Jack Graham telling Slider and I to 'stay classy' is even more funny now, totally forgot about their antics up there

I don't want this to sound like paranoia but I can't imagine that the way the media in Colorado has handled this by basically ignoring it if a CU assistant were the one who did it.

Somehow I think we would deservedly get ripped instead of being ignored.

I don't want this to sound like paranoia but I can't imagine that the way the media in Colorado has handled this by basically ignoring it if a CU assistant were the one who did it.

Somehow I think we would deservedly get ripped instead of being ignored.

CSU is just that irrelevant.

Back