What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

Doesn't count. Why? Because the game tipped off at 11pm on the East Coast. Makes the results invalid.

And you had better believe had we defeated Louisville or Memphis (both with RPI's below ASU) he'd be talking about it and wouldn't have us on the fence. I just have a hard time taking a guy seriously who hasn't bothered to change his wording in almost two months. If I can manage a bubble update after work every day, I'm pretty sure Palm should be able to find the time to figure out we beat ASU and it's a valuable win...seeing as that's his actual job.

ESPN's Bubble Watch
We're a "Should be in" along with ASU.

Colorado [20-9 (9-7), RPI: 29, SOS: 12] For weeks, the Watch's stance on the Buffaloes has been consistent. Because the committee judges teams before and after injuries, there was a chance CU could have fallen victim to a bad back half of the season and be seen as unworthy without injured guard Spencer Dinwiddie, who tore his ACL in mid-January. Tad Boyle's team has admirably resisted that easy classification, matching solid win totals with high-end RPI and SOS numbers. A big chunk of those wins came against the bottom half of the Pac-12, but even so, Colorado managed to stay out ahead of the pack. Saturday's loss at Utah spurs more pressing questions. The Buffs are 9-7 in the Pac-12 with road games at Cal and Stanford left this week. Since Dinwiddie's injury, they are 6-6, with the only semi-noteworthy win coming at home against Arizona State. What happens if they go 0-2 this week?

What happens if they go 0-2 this week?

This is a question I do not want to find out the answer to.

Market correction for all those close wins earlier in the year.

That and I think that Tyler Ennis is hitting the freshman wall. He's not shooting like he was. As good as he is, they've put a lot on the shoulders of an 18 year old.

Coach Cal is going to have a stress-related health problem if he doesn't start having some vets he can rely on. They're down to Alabama at home right now. Unreal.
It's all about the Tourney for a team like that, how they do in the regular season doesn't really matter.

It's all about the Tourney for a team like that, how they do in the regular season doesn't really matter.

Seeding matters. And they did miss the Dance last year.

P.S. It also matters A LOT with boosters that they're ranked behind Louisville and the 'Ville is coming off a national title.

Seeding matters. And they did miss the Dance last year.
Seeding isn't totally irrelevant, but it matters less than it used too -- the Final Four seeds last year 1, two 4's, and a 9. And yes, I know they missed the dance last year, they're allowed to do that every now and then.

It's the UCLA philosophy at Kentucky... anything less than a championship is a failure. I think they still hang banners for other stuff though.

Seeding isn't totally irrelevant, but it matters less than it used too -- the Final Four seeds last year 1, two 4's, and a 9. And yes, I know they missed the dance last year, they're allowed to do that every now and then.

I'm guessing you don't know many UK fans. :lol:

Pitino is at Louisville. Louisville is better than UK now.
Donovan turned down the UK job. Florida is better than UK now.

Coach Cal is under tremendous pressure. That job is the ultimate celebrity job in the state of Kentucky and the expectations are ridiculous. Yes, it's about championships. Look at Tubby Smith. Won a national title in his 1st year. Never missed the Dance, but never made another Final Four. Did manage 3 national coach of the year awards. Forced out after 10 seasons (and by all accounts was glad to leave for the Minnesota job). But there are a lot of things that can ease the pressure and make a coach's life liveable at UK that are short of winning a title. Cal's in a world of **** right now. The meltdown and ejection during the bad loss was more than an isolated incident. It's a sign of trouble.

Except when they lick the tapir's taint so hard that they miss the dance.
They aren't missing the Tourney this year. They've missed it ONE year under Cal. Any other program would love what UK has done since Cal has taken over.

I'm guessing you don't know many UK fans. :lol:

Pitino is at Louisville. Louisville is better than UK now.
Donovan turned down the UK job. Florida is better than UK now.

Coach Cal is under tremendous pressure. That job is the ultimate celebrity job in the state of Kentucky and the expectations are ridiculous. Yes, it's about championships. Look at Tubby Smith. Won a national title in his 1st year. Never missed the Dance, but never made another Final Four. Did manage 3 national coach of the year awards. Forced out after 10 seasons (and by all accounts was glad to leave for the Minnesota job). But there are a lot of things that can ease the pressure and make a coach's life liveable at UK that are short of winning a title. Cal's in a world of **** right now. The meltdown and ejection during the bad loss was more than an isolated incident. It's a sign of trouble.
Of course, I realize they are restless, because he's not going to be fired over missing the tourney once.

Tubby Smith won a title with another coaches players, look how "good" he did at Minnesota after all.

Cal knew what he was getting into when he took the job. It would've been easier to stay at Memphis.

The ejection ALMOST helped them win that game.

Of course, I realize they are restless, because he's not going to be fired over missing the tourney once.

Tubby Smith won a title with another coaches players, look how "good" he did at Minnesota after all.

Cal knew what he was getting into when he took the job. It would've been easier to stay at Memphis.

The ejection ALMOST helped them win that game.

I think we are disagreeing. I don't know. What I'm saying is that it's not a happy time in Lexington right now for Cal. It's been a long almost 2 years in that pressure cooker.

What I know we're in disagreement over is Tubby. Look at Minnesota for the decade before he got there. Dude is one hell of a basketball coach who was severely under-appreciated fro what he did for Gopher basketball.

I think we are disagreeing. I don't know. What I'm saying is that it's not a happy time in Lexington right now for Cal. It's been a long almost 2 years in that pressure cooker.

What I know we're in disagreement over is Tubby. Look at Minnesota for the decade before he got there. Dude is one hell of a basketball coach who was severely under-appreciated fro what he did for Gopher basketball.
Of course, they aren't happy, expectations are high there. But do you think he's on the hot seat? But I think getting ejected was a good thing, that got the team playing harder.

Yeah I think you are overrating Tubby. I think they had higher expectations than one Tourney win in six seasons. And at UK not getting back to the Final Four after his first year. You think Tubby is better than Cal?

No one said that Calipari is on the hot seat. But what is accurate is that he might actually listen to the NBA. Same thing happened with Pitino there.

No one said that Calipari is on the hot seat. But what is accurate is that he might actually listen to the NBA. Same thing happened with Pitino there.
Yeah sure, that's the only place for him to go. It's always good have a fallback plan. I don't think he's leaving like but it's possible.

I think Pitino left more because of the challenge of the Celtics. He won the national championship the year he before left and was the runner-ups the year he left. And Tubby won it all with his players. So I don't think it's because things got too chaotic in Lexington.

Let's beat Stanford and then we can focus on the opportunity to grab 3rd place in the Pac-12 by winning again at Cal.

Really that means we have to win one of the next two, right? I'm OK with that.

I honestly don't think losses on the road against two Big Dance teams would drop us 10 spots. For our collective sanity, they better get one.

I've seen Virginia 4 times now. They appear to be smart, disciplined, and talented. Look out for them in the tournament.

They're the real thing.

Back