What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: D.J. Eliot officially hired as D.C.

Do have to say, everywhere he has been, the team has had a winning record. His records improved season to season and has won bowl games

I really hope they do add Walters. Missouri's defense had been very good for 5 or 6 years until Odom came in and changed up everything Pinkel had been doing. Walters was successful at Memphis and viewed as a rising star by missouri fans. Odom letting kulkowski walk wasn't a good move either.

Do have to say, everywhere he has been, the team has had a winning record. His records improved season to season and has won bowl games
That's what Elway said about VJ...his Ds stats weren't good at Miami but Elway looked at the Ws.

Honest question here. Anyone remember that in the last year of Mac's rebuild at SJSU they had the #24 defense in the country? You know, the one ran by the great Kent Baer. For whatever reason Mac never gets any credit for the defenses that he has his hands all over. I'm pretty sure Mac isn't going to hand over the reigns and hope Eliot can hold on. It's been said that Mac and JL didn't see eye to eye on how the defense needed to function, pretty sure JL didn't win those battles. The changeover in scheme was also Mac (prior to Leavitt being hired). This is starting to look more like a Bama situation to me in that no one cares who the D coordinator is, because you know who's defense it is. Although that will have to play itself out over the next few years.

Honest question here. Anyone remember that in the last year of Mac's rebuild at SJSU they had the #24 defense in the country? You know, the one ran by the great Kent Baer. For whatever reason Mac never gets any credit for the defenses that he has his hands all over. I'm pretty sure Mac isn't going to hand over the reigns and hope Eliot can hold on. It's been said that Mac and JL didn't see eye to eye on how the defense needed to function, pretty sure JL didn't win those battles. The changeover in scheme was also Mac (prior to Leavitt being hired). This is starting to look more like a Bama situation to me in that no one cares who the D coordinator is, because you know who's defense it is. Although that will have to play itself out over the next few years.
I'm convinced Mac will give him the playbook and tell him to learn it. This is Mac's D and I hope he hired someone who can call a good game using Mac's D.

I'm convinced Mac will give him the playbook and tell him to learn it. This is Mac's D and I hope he hired someone who can call a good game using Mac's D.

This is what he did with Lindgren at SJSU. MM has known from day 1 what he wants on both sides of the ball. He also hasn't been above making changes when he felt they were needed, i.e. 3-4 defense, moving away from the pistol offense.

Have you ever had a positive thought about CU football?
Oh my gosh this is the single best hire of a coach that CU has ever made! Sure he was demoted publicly at his last job because he wasn't succeeding, but you guys just watch, just like every single one of Mac's previous hires this guy is going to make CU undeniably great again.

So, we've confirmed that he's leaving for here, but we haven't confirmed the position he'll have here yet?

I suppose we can assume he's going to be the DC, but it's odd that they haven't stated as much.

Yup, Mac's domain. And we can see from the first 2 years of the MAC era before he lucked into Jim Leavitt how well that was working out. Then he pushes him out the door because his ego can't allow him to work with better coaches than himself and replaces him with this nobody.

LOL! Welcome back to the bottom of the PAC 12, guys, it sure was a short ride. At least this time we have a coach being paid in the upper tier of the PAC 12 to lead us back there! I promise you the rest of the PAC 12 is laughing their asses off about this
Do you actually believe the things you write or do you enjoy being a caricature?
Only on AllBuffs would we have DrunkPanda and DrunkRalphie arguing if the spiked koolaid glass is half empty or half full. I do believe I have now officially seen everything.

Really underwhelmed by this hire.

Im doubtful as well that he can measure up to Leavitt. Hopefully he can get close.

His background is pretty good and I like his experience at FSU. Being a first time DC with a really young defense at an SEC bottom feeder had to have been frustrating and difficult. Young players make mistakes. Having a coach take the reins from you is my largest concern. Maybe he was too agressive/conservative in his calls and got burned too much. Leading to a change in philosophy(?). So, I am hopeful that a new coach and a change of scenery, staff, and players might be the trick. We'll see as the saying goes.

I suppose we can assume he's going to be the DC, but it's odd that they haven't stated as much.
If it's true he supposed to fly in tomorrow to sign a contract then I can see why they are waiting. We've been burned in the 11th hour too many times - waiting one more day until the ink dries seems prudent.

The negative sentiment here honestly makes me feel better about the hire. Like we all know what we're talking about.

Couldn't agree more. If the majority on AB is negative then that makes me feel like we made a great hire.

More than half on here wanted MacIntyre fired before this season. Most thought that the 2016 buffs would not win 5 games or make a bowl game. Most here thought that Leavitt was a noble man of integrity and believed his silly **** about some things meaning more than money.

The meltdown of 2 years ago before Leavitt was hired was fun to watch. A whole lot of posters here make up fictitious narratives about what happens in the AD and in the locker-room when it's all pure conjecture.

I'm ecstatic with this hire.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.55.59 AM.png
1) S Miss, 2) UF, 3) NM State, 4) SCar, 5) Bama, 6) Vandy, 8) Miss St, 9) Missou, 10) UGa, 11) Tenn, 12) Austin Peay, 13) Louisville, 18) GTech

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.56.19 AM.png
1) S Miss, 2) UF, 3) NM State, 4) SCar, 5) Bama, 6) Vandy, 8) Miss St, 9) Missou, 10) UGa, 11) Tenn, 12) Austin Peay, 13) Louisville, 18) GTech

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 11.14.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.55.41 AM.png

http://ncaa-football-teams.pointafter.com/l/228/Kentucky-Wildcats#Defensive Stats&s=2I2x0b

So looking at the above when Stoops took over things seem to have gotten better but towards then end they go worse.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. If the majority on AB is negative then that makes me feel like we made a great hire.

More than half on here wanted MacIntyre fired before this season. Most thought that the 2016 buffs would not win 5 games or make a bowl game. Most here thought that Leavitt was a noble man of integrity and believed his silly **** about some things meaning more than money.

The meltdown of 2 years ago before Leavitt was hired was fun to watch. A whole lot of posters here make up fictitious narratives about what happens in the AD and in the locker-room when it's all pure conjecture.

I'm ecstatic with this hire.
More than half wanted him fired?!?! I must have been reading a different board than you. I think you could count on one hand the number of people who wanted him fired before the season.

Back