What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: D.J. Eliot officially hired as D.C.

Pathetic bush league hire. Just pathetic. The rose is off the bloom already. One fail after another since the Utah game.
66aec2409d8b4cab0a70825c38b2e647.jpg

What an uninspired hire. And MacIntyre needed a month to find THIS guy? A guy who was more or less pushed out at the worst program in the SEC?

Be careful what you wish for when the deal with the first candidate falls through and your backup options are guys like this.

What an uninspired hire. And MacIntyre needed a month to find THIS guy? A guy who was more or less pushed out at the worst program in the SEC?

Be careful what you wish for when the deal with the first candidate falls through and your backup options are guys like this.

The first option was a guy very similar to this.

Confusing how some people seem to have loved Sirmon, but not Eliot. I can see not liking either or liking both, but they seem to be very similar. Young coaches who are proven recruiters just getting their feet wet as DCs

He hadn't just essentially gotten fired at the one school that gives Vandy a run for its money as worst program in the SEC.
I'm confident Sirmon was essentially fired at MSU too. You think Louisville goes after Sirmon unless he's publicly available? And it's just a magical coincidence CU was also going after him? You really have to twist a lot of things to justify Sirmon, and it's not like you're giving Eliot the same benefit. Don't like the hire either way but I'd take Eliot over Sirmon, pre-DC resume a lot more impressive (FSU national title > USC disaster), post DC resume obviously goes to Eliot though neither impressive.

Also think taking your opinion to send a veiled tweet of disappointment about the hire is a bad look considering recruits follow AllBuffs, but that's just my opinion.

Are we talking about Mississippi State or Kentucky?

Mullen has 3 9 seasons with 9 or more wins. Have to go back to 1984 to find even 9 at Kentucky.

I'm confident Sirmon was essentially fired at MSU too. You think Louisville goes after Sirmon unless he's publicly available? And it's just a magical coincidence CU was also going after him? You really have to twist a lot of things to justify Sirmon, and it's not like you're giving Eliot the same benefit. Don't like the hire either way but I'd take Eliot over Sirmon, pre-DC resume a lot more inspiring (FSU national title > USC disaster), post DC resume obviously goes to Eliot though neither impressive.

Also think taking your opinion to send a veiled tweet of disappointment about the hire is a bad look considering recruits follow AllBuffs, but that's just my opinion.

Sirmon has the West Coast ties, Eliot has never coached west of Houston-ish except for a year as a GA at Wyoming 17 years ago.

Allbuffs is a fan site with fans running it. If you want 24/7 sunshine pumping and not an ounce of personal opinion, go follow the official channels. Fans will give their opinion and I believe that's a very, very harmless statement.

Allbuffs is a fan site with fans running it. If you want 24/7 sunshine pumping and not an ounce of personal opinion, go follow the official channels. Fans will give their opinion and I believe that's a very, very harmless statement.
And I was just giving my personal opinion ;)

Last edited:
Mullen has 3 9 seasons with 9 or more wins. Have to go back to 1984 to find even 9 at Kentucky.

Sirmon has the West Coast ties, Eliot has never coached west of Houston-ish except for a year as a GA at Wyoming 17 years ago.

1. I thought you were posting about program prestige and historical results, not just performance under the current coach. What's your cutoff? How about that Mullen had his 1st losing season since he started there in 2009 with Sirmon as his DC while Kentucky had their best season in a while this year and has been building up to that for the 4 years that Stoops & Eliot have been there?

2. To address what's going on between you and Jeric here: @allbuffs is not your personal account. It represents all of us as a community.

Last edited:
The first option was a guy very similar to this.

That's even worse. I remember people here not wanting to hear any MM/JL rift bs but that seems more true each day.

Is MM a coach who wants nothing to do with another DC who is considered just as good? That seems a bit egotistical no?

Elliot is the DC, it's on him now with MM tutelage. I will support him but after the season cu had, this DC position for the time it took deserved a much better resume.

Confusing how some people seem to have loved Sirmon, but not Eliot. I can see not liking either or liking both, but they seem to be very similar. Young coaches who are proven recruiters just getting their feet wet as DCs
Who loved Sirmon?

Adam with a really good interview on scout with a guy who is very close to the Kentucky program. Made me feel better re DC abilities.

Welcome Coach Eliot! Love his parting tweet and the class that he has shown. Also looking forward to seeing what he can do both with the D and on the recruiting trail. I think we have picked up a good one here.

Back