What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: D.J. Eliot officially hired as D.C.

View attachment 22052
1) S Miss, 2) UF, 3) NM State, 4) SCar, 5) Bama, 6) Vandy, 8) Miss St, 9) Missou, 10) UGa, 11) Tenn, 12) Austin Peay, 13) Louisville, 18) GTech

View attachment 22053
1) S Miss, 2) UF, 3) NM State, 4) SCar, 5) Bama, 6) Vandy, 8) Miss St, 9) Missou, 10) UGa, 11) Tenn, 12) Austin Peay, 13) Louisville, 18) GTech

View attachment 22056

View attachment 22055

http://ncaa-football-teams.pointafter.com/l/228/Kentucky-Wildcats#Defensive Stats&s=2I2x0b

So looking at the above when Stoops took over things seem to have gotten better but towards then end they go worse.

Basically, Kentucky struggled against Bama, Mississippi State, Tennessee, and Louisville. All but Mississippi State finished in the top 25 in scoring offense this year. By contrast, only one team in those first three games (Southern Miss) even finished in the top 50.

Basically, Kentucky struggled against Bama, Mississippi State, Tennessee, and Louisville. All but Mississippi State finished in the top 25 in scoring offense this year. By contrast, only one team in those first three games (Southern Miss) even finished in the top 50.

You forgot New Mexico State- The D gave up 6 TD's to New Mexico State

More than half wanted him fired?!?! I must have been reading a different board than you. I think you could count on one hand the number of people who wanted him fired before the season.

Sure seemed like more but I'll concede that point. If the guy can recruit well then I'm happy with the hire. MM already has his DC on staff.

Very glad to hear DJ is going to be here in time for the big recruiting weekend as it sounds things are not going well for Chev's mom.

Now that we have our DC...this hire seems underwhelming because he is replacing Leavitt. To be realistic, could we have gotten another elite DC?

Will have to examine Kentucky's defense and if you read BuffZone about him, his defenses were better back in 2014 and 2015.

UK's 2016 depth chart: http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/kentucky/90866

UK had quite a few sophmores on that defense. With CU's 2016 defense, it's obvious he would have had a good season defensively. I don't think we will see that many sophmores on CU's defense next season so that's a plus.

dfc9a6173559bbd6a57f4c57a0800ea3.gif

Pathetic bush league hire. Just pathetic. The rose is off the bloom already. One fail after another since the Utah game.

Cubuffs.com really made him look like a great hire in that piece. It is what it is, I trust the coach and school to hire the right man. Welcome home coach, now get your ass to work.

I feel for the guy who has to essentially follow a legend and is starting with a pretty green defense. I hope he has a great career here.

Welcome to COLORADO Coach. You will love it here. Now, lets prove all the naysayers wrong.

Back