What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: D.J. Eliot officially hired as D.C.

So the DC from San Jose State was not available for hire?....
I don't know Eliot from a hole in the ground but this seems like a good WAC hire, a DC with an unremarkable defense from a basketball school. (Yup, nothing says Pac12 South champs like a hire like that. HOORAY, WE'RE BACK!!).

Utterly fugly hire. RG is def on way out, otherwise he doesn't allow this hire. Are you fuggin kidding me? Telling me CU can't get, or willing to get a big name or front money for one after the first time ranked in early 00's? Unbelievable...have fun watching a terrible defense along side a puss offense next year season ticket holders.

One can only hope you join him.

A little more research showed he was stripped of play calling duties after 2 games this year. REALLY trusting Mac on this one...on paper looks like a **** hire...time will tell I guess. Wanna hear from Mac about why this guy.

Underwhelming, but I'll try to concentrate on the positives and hope for the best.

Go recruit us some bad ass d-linemen and all will be forgiven.

Not thrilled, but was becoming concerned that we were going to do much worse than this. Now hit that recruiting trail DJ.

On the bright side while he was calling their defensive plays, he gave less total points than we did all season.

???? They gave up 336 reg and 407 whole season while we did 225 and 304.....

NM... He only called plays for 2 games lol.... now I see what you did there.

Last edited:
Pretty much the hire I expected. UKs defense was Stoops' D and same will be true now at CU. I wouldn't give him credit for success or failure so much.

Young, moldable, Colorado ties. Mac wants control of the defense. Guy better be a dynamic recruiter. If so, I think he checks the boxes.

Mac needs to pay on other side and STs now. He was never going to spend big on DC, nor should he. That's his domain.

Yup, Mac's domain. And we can see from the first 2 years of the MAC era before he lucked into Jim Leavitt how well that was working out. Then he pushes him out the door because his ego can't allow him to work with better coaches than himself and replaces him with this nobody.

LOL! Welcome back to the bottom of the PAC 12, guys, it sure was a short ride. At least this time we have a coach being paid in the upper tier of the PAC 12 to lead us back there! I promise you the rest of the PAC 12 is laughing their asses off about this

Yup, Mac's domain. And we can see from the first 2 years of the MAC era before he lucked into Jim Leavitt how well that was working out. Then he pushes him out the door because his ego can't allow him to work with better coaches than himself and replaces him with this nobody.

LOL! Welcome back to the bottom of the PAC 12, guys, it sure was a short ride. At least this time we have a coach being paid in the upper tier of the PAC 12 to lead us back there! I promise you the rest of the PAC 12 is laughing their asses off about this
Do you actually believe the things you write or do you enjoy being a caricature?

Maybe the guy keeps us alive in SEC country in terms of recruiting. That would be a positive.

If you believe this is a bad hire (according to reports still unconfirmed), I'm going to go ahead and assume that you just looked up Kentucky's defensive stats last year and made your decision. Eliot said himself that they didn't have the right guys last year. I think if he comes to a culture like CU he could excel. I love it for recruiting purposes more so than football, gonna do a helluva lot better job recruiting than Leavitt.

If you believe this is a bad hire (according to reports still unconfirmed), I'm going to go ahead and assume that you just looked up Kentucky's defensive stats last year and made your decision. Eliot said himself that they didn't have the right guys last year. I think if he comes to a culture like CU he could excel. I love it for recruiting purposes more so than football, gonna do a helluva lot better job recruiting than Leavitt.
Problem is he is responsible for those players being there. Obviously it is hard to evaluate a program like Kentucky since they are the garbage of the SEC so a lot of coaches would struggle but what is alarming is his defense let up a ton of rushing yards. If it was more of a secondary issue I could see that working really well with macs input on the back end but whenever a front seven guy fails to stop the run that should be concerning.

I'm sick to my stomach. What in the world was MacIntyre thinking? This guy wasn't getting torched by SEC teams, when he was calling plays he gave up 44 to southern miss and 42 to New Mexico State...

We knew Leavitt would be good hire based off his pedigree, but this... this is inexplicable

Problem is he is responsible for those players being there. Obviously it is hard to evaluate a program like Kentucky since they are the garbage of the SEC so a lot of coaches would struggle but what is alarming is his defense let up a ton of rushing yards. If it was more of a secondary issue I could see that working really well with macs input on the back end but whenever a front seven guy fails to stop the run that should be concerning.
Reason for not having the right players was that they were young and weren't grasping the system so they weren't lining up correctly and not making the right checks. Yes, that could happen at CU but I wouldn't be worried with guys like Addison Gillam and Afolabi Laguda out there.

Guys we are one year removed from being hot garbage. Maybe not UK bad, but in he basement.

Meh hire. If he can recruit he'll line up the next DCs job. Unless the D is a raging dumpster fire I was expecting a downturn. Season 2 will be key for him.

Reason for not having the right players was that they were young and weren't grasping the system so they weren't lining up correctly and not making the right checks. Yes, that could happen at CU but I wouldn't be worried with guys like Addison Gillam and Afolabi Laguda out there.
He was there 4 years and got demoted in year 4. The "young" excuse might fly in years 1 and 2, but after that you should start to see some improvement...results matter before year 5.

F**€£!ng Panicking Little B!€*%.

STFU!!

He will be fine. Kentucky sucks they have always sucked and no coach would look good there. Mac and his hires have earned the right to prove themselves without little needling pu$$ies like you ****ing all over their hire

Will be interesting to see how Eliot does on the recruiting trail. If he is another Chev, then I think Mac can absorb some of the issues Eliot has shown as a D-Coordinator.

Back