What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bunker mode

An athletic director keeping a head coach around but choosing the assistant coaches for him? That doesn't happen, nor should it.
It's not that I disagree with it. It's the notion that you can speculate as to what RG may say or do, but you tell others to stop it. Unless you have a close relationship with RG (and it's evident that you don't), it's a bad schtick.

10pts off turnovers
7pts off ST mistakes
14pts off pure dumb luck.

Thats 31 pts and the margin of victory was 25.

CU needs to find a way to cut the **** and play disciplined football.
Agree completely. I was at the game. Look at the final stats. Take out the two fluke plays and clean up the mistakes this comes down to the last 5 minutes. But that has been the story of us

It's not that I disagree with it. It's the notion that you can speculate as to what RG may say or do, but you tell others to stop it. Unless you have a close relationship with RG (and it's evident that you don't), it's a bad schtick.
IMO, there's a difference between speculating how many conference wins MM must get in order to keep his job, and saying that an Athletic Director would keep a head coach in place but do the hiring of new assistants for him. The latter would just be absurd.

IMO, there's a difference between speculating how many conference wins MM must get in order to keep his job, and saying that an Athletic Director would keep a head coach in place but do the hiring of new assistants for him. The latter would just be absurd.

Agree. No coach worth a sh*t would stay around if the AD was making their staff decisions for them and no AD worth a sh*t would do this rather than just firing them. If you are the AD and you lack even the faith for your HC to assemble a staff than it is time to part ways.

Comes down to a simple issue.

Winning is the measure that is used to judge programs, this team hasn't done enough.

Win a couple conference games and much of this discusson suddenly goes away for awhile. Keep losing and things will keep heating up.

Assume Witherspoon caught the guy. ASU still may have drive in.

Assume we tackle their guy after the fumble. They may still drive in.

Our scoring defense isn't too great I'm thinking.

This reasoning is too hawkinsesuqe for me. 5 plays away from keeping it within a TD! Wtf

So from the sounds of things, the AD is now going into bunker mentality. We've seen this play before. It has a crappy ending.

Honestly, I realize that the hole MM was given to dig out of was massive, but it's too much to ask fans to be patient this long. Yesterday's game was reminiscent of the 2012 ASU game. We got our asses kicked. Fans who spend money and invest their emotions in this program can be excused for venting some frustrations.

I have said that MM will not be fired this year, and I still believe that. But I think the fans are going to start to get pretty vocal about wanting a change if we can't see some tangible progress here soon. When that happened with GB, Hawk, and Embree, the standard response from the AD was to turtle. I'm starting to see some of the same stuff happening now.

Howell acknowledged in his chat today that its hard to justify keep MacIntyre after back to back 0-9 conference campaigns. Said RG will be patient at 5 wins. I said this last night-if theres any doubt at the end of the year, he needs to go now. We can save the bulk of this class assuredly by handing the reins to Leavitt......

The three things that have me concerned:
1. Player quote of coach in tears after CSU win.
2. Coach confrontation on sideline.
3. This thread.

Seems the pressure is high

Agree completely. I was at the game. Look at the final stats. Take out the two fluke plays and clean up the mistakes this comes down to the last 5 minutes. But that has been the story of us

Assume Witherspoon caught the guy. ASU still may have drive in.
Assume we tackle their guy after the fumble. They may still drive in.
Our scoring defense isn't too great I'm thinking.
This reasoning is too hawkinsesuqe for me. 5 plays away from keeping it within a TD! Wtf

Can't just take points off the board like that and say we were four plays away from being close. The game was over in the second quarter, regardless of how the ball bounces. Losers come up with excuses. Winners win. That's CU football right there.

Reactions: SBG
Macintyre will not be fired after this season. What coach in his right mind would even contemplate leaving a program to join ours if we fire again? Time will tell, but we have gotten progressively better as an overal team since 2012. We have to find a rockstar qb, and that changes the program. Hopefully Aspay can become that guy.

Macintyre will not be fired after this season. What coach in his right mind would even contemplate leaving a program to join ours if we fire again? Time will tell, but we have gotten progressively better as an overal team since 2012. We have to find a rockstar qb, and that changes the program. Hopefully Aspay can become that guy.

A bunch of coaches would, to get paid a couple mill a year. Our $170 million facilities will be done. That's enough to contemplate, imo.

Plus, it's not like MM wasn't given enough time. He's at the point where he can't land quality assistant coaches to fix his problems because they know his end might be soon.

He's in the process of missing the window. He either wins 2-3 conference games this year, or he's done.

Last edited:
Howell acknowledged in his chat today that its hard to justify keep MacIntyre after back to back 0-9 conference campaigns. Said RG will be patient at 5 wins. I said this last night-if theres any doubt at the end of the year, he needs to go now. We can save the bulk of this class assuredly by handing the reins to Leavitt......
This class isn't good enough to want to save.

Think CU long-term. If we lose Watts, Huntley, Julmisse etc with the new coach then so be it

Every single coach that we fired deserved to be fired, including the next one. If a prospective coach cant see that, then he is not intelligent enough to be successful here. As for getting progressively better, I guess that is subjective. The biggest issue a new coach will have with CU is the lack of talent left by poor recruiting.

Every single coach that we fired deserved to be fired, including the next one. If a prospective coach cant see that, then he is not intelligent enough to be successful here. As for getting progressively better, I guess that is subjective. The biggest issue a new coach will have with CU is the lack of talent left by poor recruiting.
Would you go dust off that old sweatshirt you got hanging in your closet and save us already!!

I know this is an over simplification, but as long as we don't run a QB sneak on 1st down from mid field, we're an improved team.

Last edited:
A bunch of coaches would, to get paid a couple mill a year. Our $170 million facilities will be done. That's enough to contemplate, imo.

Plus, it's not like MM wasn't given enough time. He's at the point where he can't land quality assistant coaches to fix his problems because they know his end might be soon.

He's in the process of missing the window. He either wins 2-3 conference games this year, or he's done.
You lost me here.

You lost me here.

I think he'll have trouble landing quality assistants this offseason, depending on how the season finishes out. Year 4 would definitely be the make or break year and most assistants with options won't want to take that risk.

I think he'll have trouble landing quality assistants this offseason, depending on how the season finishes out. Year 4 would definitely be the make or break year and most assistants with options won't want to take that risk.
You are speculating and stating it as a fact. He landed 2 extraordinary assistants last off-season; If the money and positions are right, there will be plenty of takers.

This program really needs some continuity. Although I'm not happy with many things, I think it is important that we bite the bullet and give Mac a full 5 years. Bad coaching has killed us, for sure. But the constant changes in coaching staffs has been at least as damaging.

Back