What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal at Colorado - Game Thread

calling 4 straight halfback dives in overtime was beyond retarded. And letting them almost score a touchdown on 1st and 30 was inexcusable. This reminds me of the last 5 years, always make it seem like we are gonna win a game then piss it away with retardedness

I can understand the first three, keep going til they stop it, but after that was DUMB

Disgusting how good we played today aside from the penalties. I didn't know it was possible to outplay someone that bad, have no turnovers, and no missed field goals and lose. I guess it's impossible to overcome that many penalties and bad calls

Seriously, we were set up for a perfect play action or bootleg on that first and goal. I know I already said that, but I thought it at the time, and think it would have been a good call.

Seriously, we were set up for a perfect play action or bootleg on that first and goal. I know I already said that, but I thought it at the time, and think it would have been a good call.

Seriously. **** you. **** anyone who comes up excuses. We lost. Nothing will change that.

*I will probably apologize later*

I have to wonder just how badly Hansen's leg was hurting after he went down on the last offensive play of regulation. The play calling seemed like it was designed to protect him...

I just know that someone is going to make a thread about how it was a moral victory that we came so close to beating Cal and seeing that thread is going to make me sick

Disgusting how good we played today aside from the penalties. I didn't know it was possible to outplay someone that bad, have no turnovers, and no missed field goals and lose. I guess it's impossible to overcome that many penalties and bad calls

Cal got every ****ing call in this game.

This game was lost in December of 2009 when they decided to give Hawk another year. That is all.

Cal got every ****ing call in this game.

Ya. The thing that is nuts is that they didn't call it both ways. They called roughing the passer on us for barely making contact with the Cal QB on that double pass play, but then they don't call it on Cal for nailing Hansen in the back 2 seconds late. They call us for roughing the kicker, but don't call it on them. That PI call on Henderson was awful. He didn't do anything wrong at all.

Ya. The thing that is nuts is that they didn't call it both ways. They called roughing the passer on us for barely making contact with the Cal QB on that double pass play, but then they don't call it on Cal for nailing Hansen in the back 2 seconds late. They call us for roughing the kicker, but don't call it on them. That PI call on Henderson was awful. He didn't do anything wrong at all.

Makes me sick.CU should be celebrating a win over cal period.

Hell I can't. Cal had two td's given to them by refs and at the end of the game, that weak holding call on miller cost cu the win. Please.

Wah wah wah, there are calls every game we aren't going to like. We had a ****ing 1st and goal and the 4, didn't convert, and then had them in a 1st and 30 and let them convert in one play. Don't direct your anger at the officials, direct your anger at Greg Brown for the **** secondary he's recruited

Wah wah wah, there are calls every game we aren't going to like. We had a ****ing 1st and goal and the 4, didn't convert, and then had them in a 1st and 30 and let them convert in one play. Don't direct your anger at the officials, direct your anger at Greg Brown for the **** secondary he's recruited

I got your wah,wah.wah. How does a home team commit 12 penalties and a road team 2 when they committed 10 the week before? CU lost this game in the red zone no doubt but the officiating helped.

The Hawk mentality is alive and well. Lay this one right at his door stop. Embrees biggest job will be getting the team past this we can still find a way to lose mind set that was instilled during the Hawk era

Are you serious? The only guy who plays that is a recruit from this coaching staff is Henderson and he has been so good you don't hear his name. You're an idiot

OK normally I agree with you... and not scoring on 1st and goal is inexcusable in OT. BUT Greg Brown did not recruit these players. And if we are gonna be objective here his defense was in the right spots but they blew tackles. And the defense only allowed 350 yards to a very good cal offense. So I am trying not to defend blown tackles and stuff.... but I don't really see this being the coordinators issue. He had guys in the right spots they just need more talent and execution

You know what, you guys are right. "Normally you'd agree..." But, wait, it was a giant plot that the Pac-12 has formed in which CU will not be allowed to win games. Get a grip. We had 1st and goal and the 4 and couldn't find a way in, and then let them convert on 1st and 30. Pathetic and embarrassing, and our own doing.

You know what, you guys are right. "Normally you'd agree..." But, wait, it was a giant plot that the Pac-12 has formed in which CU will not be allowed to win games. Get a grip. We had 1st and goal and the 4 and couldn't find a way in, and then let them convert on 1st and 30. Pathetic and embarrassing, and our own doing.
Your right, phantom holding calls and pass intereference calls mean nothing.

Good effort on most fronts. Agree with Embo that there are no moral victories. I thought the leadership from upper class men has been poor. Polk taking another late hit. Miller holding penalty after speedy was way past him. I listened to Zim when he asked Barnett how he knew he had a team that was special. Gary said it was the seniors taking over and setting the attitude of the team. I think there is a lot of Hawk leftovers as far as a non winning attitude. Seniors need to take control. There is enough talent and coaching is adequate or better to win. Two or more seniors need to stand up and not just with tweets or quotes. Lead the team.

Good effort on most fronts. Agree with Embo that there are no moral victories. I thought the leadership from upper class men has been poor. Polk taking another late hit. Miller holding penalty after speedy was way past him. I listened to Zim when he asked Barnett how he knew he had a team that was special. Gary said it was the seniors taking over and setting the attitude of the team. I think there is a lot of Hawk leftovers as far as a non winning attitude. Seniors need to take control. There is enough talent and coaching is adequate or better to win. Two or more seniors need to stand up and not just with tweets or quotes. Lead the team.

That holding call on miller was bogus. Cal did it all game. Cu pissed away 3 chances in the red zone but don't tell me the officiating had nothing to do with this loss.

That holding call on miller was bogus. Cal did it all game. Cu pissed away 3 chances in the red zone but don't tell me the officiating had nothing to do with this loss.
Yup Cal was clearly holding all ****ing day. I remember on one, towards the end when Maynard rolled out, the left tackel ripped Jon Major down by the back of his jersey, and that would have been a sack. I really hate to blame the game on the refs, but they cost us 14 points at minimum.

OK. I wont tell you the officiating had nothing to do with this loss. 4th down try for 1 yard in the first half that got stuffed, umpteen procedure and PI penalties, a kick off out of bounds. Don't be a sore loser. And the holding call on Miller was the right call.

Yup Cal was clearly holding all ****ing day. I remember on one, towards the end when Maynard rolled out, the left tackel ripped Jon Major down by the back of his jersey, and that would have been a sack. I really hate to blame the game on the refs, but they cost us 14 points at minimum.

:rofl::rofl::dance3::dance3::dance4::dance4::woot::woot::laugh::laugh:

Boul der Buff;942077 said:
:rofl::rofl::dance3::dance3::dance4::dance4::woot::woot::laugh::laugh:

Laugh out loud MOD, cu got screwed. They screwed themselves in the red zone and by the refs. You've known me how long here and how many times have I blamed the refs after a loss? They both contributed to this frustrating kick in the nuts loss,.

Laugh out loud MOD, cu got screwed. They screwed themselves in the red zone and by the refs. You've known me how long here and how many times have I blamed the refs after a loss? They both contributed to this frustrating kick in the nuts loss,.

CU finds ways to lose. It is what is it. To blame the refs for it would be simplistic, we generally tend to help them out a lot.

losers blame the refs.

**** happens. that is the best we've seen CU play and the best coaching we have seen in a very long time. we just don't have enough bodies and it is also true that the team needs to learn how to finish.

gutty effort. still a loss. life will go on. this was a rebuilding year. the schedule is effing brutal. we just have to hang on and hope that we steal a few wins here and there and that the staff recruits well enough to get this going in the next couple of years. we're not a quick fix program right now.

****ing hate losing like that. it could have really meant something to these players to get them pointed in the right direction. this is starting to remind me of the early Mac years, except at least now we've got some guys around the program who actually can speak to having won big at CU.

Back