What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal at Colorado - Game Thread

CU finds ways to lose. It is what is it. To blame the refs for it would be simplistic, we generally tend to help them out a lot.

I've drank alot over the past few hours but damn, this loss has me more angry then any in the last 5 years. We had this.

losers blame the refs.

**** happens. that is the best we've seen CU play and the best coaching we have seen in a very long time. we just don't have enough bodies and it is also true that the team needs to learn how to finish.

gutty effort. still a loss. life will go on. this was a rebuilding year. the schedule is effing brutal. we just have to hang on and hope that we steal a few wins here and there and that the staff recruits well enough to get this going in the next couple of years. we're not a quick fix program right now.

****ing hate losing like that. it could have really meant something to these players to get them pointed in the right direction. this is starting to remind me of the early Mac years, except at least now we've got some guys around the program who actually can speak to having won big at CU.

If we keep losing, the recruits the staff wants aren't going to come

If we keep losing, the recruits the staff wants aren't going to come

gotta break the cycle. they either have to win way more than anyone expects with the talent they have or they have to outrecruit their record. that's how it works. they have a history of recruiting success so let's hope for that.

OK. I wont tell you the officiating had nothing to do with this loss. 4th down try for 1 yard in the first half that got stuffed, umpteen procedure and PI penalties, a kick off out of bounds. Don't be a sore loser. And the holding call on Miller was the right call.

You mean the 4th down try in the first half that picked up the first down, until the bad spot came along?

You mean the 4th down try in the first half that picked up the first down, until the bad spot came along?
What? How dare you blaame calls, they don't determine the game. Oh wait, when there's 4-5 calls then they DO help...

bad teams don't get calls. that's life in the bigs.

they are going to have make their own opportunities. they don't have enough talent to overcome the self-inflicted errors. refs aren't going to cut a bottom-feeder team any breaks and that is what we are right now. ... have to earn the right to get the calls.

they are going to have make their own opportunities. they don't have enough talent to overcome the self-inflicted errors. refs aren't going to cut a bottom-feeder team any breaks and that is what we are right now. ... have to earn the right to get the calls.

That's fine. Except we were the better team on that field today, by a reasonably wide margin...

That's bull****. Calls should go both ways, no matter what the record. Might as well never throw a flag on Alabama, USC, Oregon, LSU, OU just because they are good.

That's bull****. Calls should go both ways, no matter what the record. Might as well never throw a flag on Alabama, USC, Oregon, LSU, OU just because they are good.

Obviously you never watched Big XII officials work a fusker game.... :lol:

Obviously you never watched Big XII officials work a fusker game.... :lol:
Oh I have and it's bull****, even if it is NU. These refs today had no business reffing in a D1 BCS game. Sad because we flat out out played Cal today.

Sorry folks, just so bitter about this loss, we outplayed cal, never got a call and tripped over our own dicks in the process. CU should be 1-1 right now, very bitter, Apologize for the language.

i'm really sorry but the idea that the Big XII officials were programmed to screw NU is the dumbest **** ever.

it's all persecution complex and being a 2nd tier team for most of the Big XII. Pelini's teams were heavily penalized OOC as well. look it up.

they spent a year wanking to beat Texas in Lincoln, and then lost again to UT who wasn't bowl eligible. the refs didn't screw NU. NU just wasn't very good. show me where them blowing a 20 point lead against OU in the Big XII championship game is ref fixing.

bull****.

you can always count on Nebraska fan to blame a loss on something other than on the field play. greatest fans ever? whiniest fans ever.

Last edited:
it was the stepping on one's own dick part of the equation that bears primary responsibility for the loss.

sure, CU outplayed them today. sure, some of the calls were suspect. but, a team that cannot for the life of them get out of their own way isn't going to get calls and win games, especially when said team doesn't have enough athletes.

blaming the refs is bush league.

I love how people are blaming officiating when Cal was in a 1st and 30 situation because of said lack of penalties and we promptly allowed a 32 yard ****ing pass for a 1st down and the consequent game winning TD.

I love how people are blaming officiating when Cal was in a 1st and 30 situation because of said lack of penalties and we promptly allowed a 32 yard ****ing pass for a 1st down and the consequent game winning TD.
Sandersfield ****ed that play up. Went for the big play and got burned. That said, we got no calls and Cal did. I'm not sure how those guys have a job reffing at this level.

I'm not saying it was a logical thing to do - but I threw my CU shirt in the dumpster on my way out of the stadium. Call it 9 years of pent up frustration. I can't take losing anymore.

Sandersfield ****ed that play up. Went for the big play and got burned. That said, we got no calls and Cal did. I'm not sure how those guys have a job reffing at this level.

CU played a better, deeper, faster, and more athletic team and went toe to toe for 4+ quarters. at the end, the better athletes prevailed. blame God for not giving our secondary a little more speed: it is about as fruitful as pissing and moaning like a school girl about the officiating.

Do you realize how dumb this sounds, given the situation at that point in the game?

"Going for the big play"? Really?

I just don't agree. People seem to be pissed about two calls in particular:

1. the QB roughing call on Maynard. While it looked weak as ****, we let him catch the ball and ran right down near the 10 or 15. The roughing call added a few yards to it, but it's not like without that call they weren't in great position.
2. the interference call on Henderson near the sideline. Yall don't watch football if you're surprised that's a penalty. Refs always call PI on that if the CB doesn't turn his head and look for the ball. Henderson had him, but didn't turn around.

There were some ticky tack holding calls, but I'd say the worst one was when Miller got called near the end. We then had a false start and barely got into position for a FG. Same exact scenario for Cal occurs and they complete a 32 yard pass winning the game. Blame the refs all you want, we lost the game.

CU played a better, deeper, faster, and more athletic team and went toe to toe for 4+ quarters. at the end, the better athletes prevailed. blame God for not giving our secondary a little more speed: it is about as fruitful as pissing and moaning like a school girl about the officiating.
Problem is that ****** officiating is what decided that game. Did you see the 3rd down in OT when PRich was in the corner and got pushed? That very well could have cost us a TD. I am hopeful though because these coaches are doing good so far, the wins will come with these coaches.

I just don't agree. People seem to be pissed about two calls in particular:

1. the QB roughing call on Maynard. While it looked weak as ****, we let him catch the ball and ran right down near the 10 or 15. The roughing call added a few yards to it, but it's not like without that call they weren't in great position.
2. the interference call on Henderson near the sideline. Yall don't watch football if you're surprised that's a penalty. Refs always call PI on that if the CB doesn't turn his head and look for the ball. Henderson had him, but didn't turn around.

There were some ticky tack holding calls, but I'd say the worst one was when Miller got called near the end. We then had a false start and barely got into position for a FG. Same exact scenario for Cal occurs and they complete a 32 yard pass winning the game. Blame the refs all you want, we lost the game.
What about when McColluch was in the back of the endzone, jumped up and the Cal DB ran into him, no call. Same with PRich in OT, no call.

Just like it would be equally useless to ignore either of those facts, as they were both clearly true...

Problem is that ****** officiating is what decided that game. Did you see the 3rd down in OT when PRich was in the corner and got pushed? That very well could have cost us a TD. I am hopeful though because these coaches are doing good so far, the wins will come with these coaches.

Wow. Just wow.

What about when McColluch was in the back of the endzone, jumped up and the Cal DB ran into him, no call. Same with PRich in OT, no call.

Don't recall the one on McCulloch. The PRich one? You can't seriously be talking about the one where the Cal DB pushed him within 5 yards of the LOS and then almost picked off the pass? That play?

You've got to be kidding me. Is this the phantom push? He almost intercepted it

Don't recall the one on McCulloch. The PRich one? You can't seriously be talking about the one where the Cal DB pushed him within 5 yards of the LOS and then almost picked off the pass? That play?
He wasn't within the 5 yards. Rich was about 7-8 yards off the LOS and got pushed and then the Cal DB turned around and almost picked it.

What hurts CU is unathletic cornerbacks, inconsistent quarterback play, no ability to run the ball consistently and undisciplined play that results in WAY too many penalties

I wouldn't say inconsistent QB play was a worry today. Hansen had a great game, it was the o line that hurt. Our DBs played well today as well, aside from when Sandersfield whiffed on a ball.

He wasn't within the 5 yards. Rich was about 7-8 yards off the LOS and got pushed and then the Cal DB turned around and almost picked it.

K, he wasn't, but whatever you want to remember.

We had that game if the refs weren't out to get us. It's a conspiracy I tell you. They're in cahoots with Rivals.com who always take stars away from our commits. The world is against us.

Back