What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFP Thread: Oregon vs Ohio State

oregon_ducks_o_2x3_flag_67929sma.jpg

Still the number of titles the ducks have.

Its like what the N stands for with the fuskers. I am glad our current conference dick head provides us with a reminder of their ineptitude on their helmets. I was cheering for the ducks, but I am ok with the outcome just because.

Does anyone think Mariota makes a good Pro QB? I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole if I was an NFL GM (at least early in the draft)

Does anyone think Mariota makes a good Pro QB? I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole if I was an NFL GM (at least early in the draft)

He goes #1 to Tampa or #2 to Tennessee. The hope and the projection is that he is the next Russell Wilson. You don't throw as many TD's vs INT's as he has and not get drafted in the top 5.

Someone will take him early.

GM's may want to pass on him with early picks, but I bet there are a handful of owners who see him putting butts in the seats.

He goes #1 to Tampa or #2 to Tennessee. The hope and the projection is that he is the next Russell Wilson. You don't throw as many TD's vs INT's as he has and not get drafted in the top 5.

I don't think that answered the question.... I'm quite sure he'll go early in the draft

:nod:

Opposite of the NFL. Better to have great RB and a forgettable QB in college than the other way around.

All of the linemen are elite in the NFL. Even the guys on a crappy team. Everyone is strong, fast and big. Some guys are better than others, but the gap isn't as wide as college.

OSU has more NFL talent on their line than Oregon and not even Mariota could make up the difference.

That's why I think stanford has positioned themselves well with their ridiculous OL recruiting. Then add guys like McCaffery and they'll be good for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a combination of the 2, for sure, but Oregon's d-line is getting run over or run by. Which if you look at the recruiting stars of the guys they have there, they shouldn't be. I think they went star chasing a bit there, because the bluechips they did end up with appear a bit soft right now.

I never thought oregon was a team to recruit blue chip OL and DL (maybe OL). Anyone want to compile stats? Thought their bluechippers were skill position guys with a few sprinkled here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he can be a good pro, it'll take time though, he has a ton to learn. Honestly Jones is more pro ready in a weird way and yes that's crazy. Jesus, their 3rd string is a stud.

Mariota has a 105-14 TD-INT ratio for his career, and completed 68% of his passes this year. He will be a top 5 pick. I expect him to be a solid NFL QB. Not sure about spectacular, but with so few elite QB's, some GM will take a chance on him and that his game can evolve.

I don't see anything that tells me he can't be a Russell Wilson type of QB. Most teams in the NFL would take that kind of starter tomorrow.

Three games under his belt? I'd totally draft that dude. He's ****ing amazing.

I am not saying make him an NFL starter immediately, but based off what we all saw in his 3 starts, I would have no problem as an NFL GM of taking him and sitting him. Seems to be the kind of athlete you don't pass on, and if you are already drafting in the top 5, why not?

I think he'll get drafted high. It's not his mobility they're gonna draft, but his unbelievable accuracy, makes few mistakes and is very mature. His speed will help him make plays like Aaron Rodgers, but he won't look for the run first.

oregon_ducks_o_2x3_flag_67929sma.jpg

Still the number of titles the ducks have.

Its like what the N stands for with the fuskers. I am glad our current conference dick head provides us with a reminder of their ineptitude on their helmets. I was cheering for the ducks, but I am ok with the outcome just because.
I was rooting for OSU...didn't want the quackers to join the historic elite of the PAC12 with a NC...UW, USC, CU.:nod:

I am not saying make him an NFL starter immediately, but based off what we all saw in his 3 starts, I would have no problem as an NFL GM of taking him and sitting him. Seems to be the kind of athlete you don't pass on, and if you are already drafting in the top 5, why not?

You would draft Cardale Jones in the Top 5? Yikes.

Not a big fan of QB's in this class. Jameis will make the best one if he can keep it together off the field imo

No. I'm with you. That dude is seriously amazing. He's got a big, big arm and seems pretty unflappable. Based on his size, he can take some hits too.

You would draft Cardale Jones in the Top 5? Yikes.

Not a big fan of QB's in this class. Jameis will make the best one if he can keep it together off the field imo

The dude trucked a DT who had time to get set in a blocking stance. Just flat ran over the dude. He is quick, has a cannon, and has elite size at the position. He doesn't have the experience to start day 1, but I would be fine as a GM letting him sit and learn a year or two behind a veteran QB.

It is amazing how dominant OSU was against the Ducks. Oregon had a 4 - 0 turnover edge (Mariotta pick on last heave of the game doesn't count, and still got thumped. Just wow.

I'm concerned that Oregon's penchant for stupid football finally bites them in the ass. Going for two in the first quarter, going for it on fourth down almost all the time, etc. that kind of stuff is what makes them who they are, but it's also really stupid. A team like OSU can expose that stuff. If they can play smart football, I like their chances. They just don't seem to play smart football.

Going for it on 4th down and goal at the beginning of the game... it bit them in the ass. Take the points, assholes. This isn't Oregon State you're playing. It's the "other" OSU (and I don't mean Oklahoma State, either).

Although I don't think that was the deciding factor in the game. OSU actually went for it on 4th down quite a bit more - and made it. OSU shoved the ball down UO's throat. When you run up the middle for 8 yards every time, you're going to win the game.

I think Mariotta makes an excellent NFL QB prospect. His passes weren't bad, they were actually pretty good. He keeps defenses honest with his ability to use his legs. He's shown he's a tough kid who can take a hit. The comparisons to Russell Wilson are not far off, IMO.

I think Mariotta makes an excellent NFL QB prospect. His passes weren't bad, they were actually pretty good. He keeps defenses honest with his ability to use his legs. He's shown he's a tough kid who can take a hit. The comparisons to Russell Wilson are not far off, IMO.

Agreed. He has amazing athletic talent, a very good head on his shoulders, and looks to be very receptive to being coached.

Back