What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Championship Saturday gameday thread

Bama opens up as a 10.5 favorite v Notre Dame
It's going to be a close game for the 1st half, and after Bama has body punched ND for 3 quarters, the game won't be close at the end. 7th in a row for the SEC, or is it 8? I lost count.

Ouch. Of course you could argue they deserve it over Florida with the head-to-head win.

No doubt. I've always hated it how these teams get penalized by losing the conference championship games. I've been saying this for years, but the biggest problem here is that they limit conferences to 2 BCS bids each. One of the more nonsensical rules out there.

If a GT fan was in attendance at the ACCCG and nobody saw him, was he there? That poor stadium and its 20k ACCCG attendances. Was there for a college game at max capacity once -- UVA/WVU 2002.

Are you talking about BoA Stadium? They actually sold it out the ACCCG the last 2 years but 2 years ago it was VT-FSU, and last year they got their best possible scenario with VT-Clemson. Not only the 2 best fanbases in the conference, but they''re both only about 2.5 hours from CLT.

I think the Meineke/Belk Bowl sold out about 5 years ago when they had UNC-WV in the game.

Are you talking about BoA Stadium? They actually sold it out the ACCCG the last 2 years but 2 years ago it was VT-FSU, and last year they got their best possible scenario with VT-Clemson. Not only the 2 best fanbases in the conference, but they''re both only about 2.5 hours from CLT.

I think the Meineke/Belk Bowl sold out about 5 years ago when they had UNC-WV in the game.

Yep those are the dream scenarios. They've also done Jacksonville and Tampa, but god the ACCCG attendance is beyond bad when BC, Wake, GT, (Miami, if they ever actually play in...still waiting) are in it. Always find myself having to explain to people who don't follow the ACC much that GT's fanbase is pretty weak. I guess there's the perception that they're in the deep South and thus a diehard fanbase, but it hasn't been that way since like 1939

No doubt. I've always hated it how these teams get penalized by losing the conference championship games. I've been saying this for years, but the biggest problem here is that they limit conferences to 2 BCS bids each. One of the more nonsensical rules out there.

I totally agree, that way we could see all the mighty SEC teams actually play each other.

Yep those are the dream scenarios. They've also done Jacksonville and Tampa, but god the ACCCG attendance is beyond bad when BC, Wake, GT, (Miami, if they ever actually play in...still waiting) are in it. Always find myself having to explain to people who don't follow the ACC much that GT's fanbase is pretty weak. I guess there's the perception that they're in the deep South and thus a diehard fanbase, but it hasn't been that way since like 1939

Playing that game in Florida the first 5 years was a colossal mistake, plus the fact that they started those games at noon didn't help any. And they didn't get any help when teams like GT, Wake, and BC were in some of those games that were played in Jax and Tampa.

Playing that game in Florida the first 5 years was a colossal mistake, plus the fact that they started those games at noon didn't help any. And they didn't get any help when teams like GT, Wake, and BC were in some of those games that were played in Jax and Tampa.

Never fear, they'll be gaining another non-existent fanbase with Pittsburgh joining the party. They are lame. They'll give BC and Wake a run for their money in who can bring the least support. We can knock the ACC adding Louisville in some regards, but that's a fanbase that is going to be enthusiastic and travel.

We suck, and Nebraska is way better. That doesn't change the fact that it is still sweet to watch the Nubs get absolutely embarrassed on the B1G stage.

Back