What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clemson vs Bama.

The pick play on the last td looked exactly like the one OKie Lite ran against CU, but it was sold better.

The pick play on the last td looked exactly like the one OKie Lite ran against CU, but it was sold better.
Actually quite different in design. OSU's pick play was set up as a pass behind the line of scrimmage with the outside receiver not actually running a route, but instead just blocking straight down the line to take out the linebacker. Clemson's was the more typical outside receiver running a shallow drag route to create confusion and congestion while the inside receiver runs the shallow flat. I think Clemson also ran one earlier where the outside receiver did a short curl route while the inside guy ran a corner route underneath him. Both clean.

Clemson was the better team and their strategy of wearing down the Alabama defense was solid. In the 4th Quarter, Alabama was no longer making the big stops. Clemson is going to work on covering the TE in the off season.

The first 20 minutes of the game, Alabama was the clearly superior team.

After about that point, though, the balance shifted, and Clemson was clearly superior.

There's still whining about the "pick" on that last TD.

It's silly - there was a chip shot FG to send the game into OT, and if anyone thinks that Bama would have had a chance at stopping Clemson in OT, they're wearing crimson-tinted glasses. It would have likely been a short OT.

There were two pick plays for touchdowns. They were essentially identical plays.

The first was when Clemson scored to make it 21-24. That one really should have been a penalty - the outside Clemson receiver blocked his guy 4 yards downfield, then turned and stood right in the way of the guy covering the inside receiver as he went outside. It wasn't called.

The second, game winning play, was the exact same play, only this time the outside receiver never touched or even got in the way of the guy covering the inside receiver. As it happened on the field the second time, I don't think it was a penalty.

RE: picks. If the defense wants to obstruct the WR's path at the line within five yards by playing press coverage.... don't be complaining when the WR wins the battle. It's a risk they took by playing cover 0 press.

Everybody does this, yes CU as well. It's part of the game. Sometimes they'll call it if you make it obvious. It's not going anywhere though. Learn how to defend it no matter how hard it is.

Everybody does this, yes CU as well. It's part of the game. Sometimes they'll call it if you make it obvious. It's not going anywhere though. Learn how to defend it no matter how hard it is.

My issue is more with the college rule that you can take that pick play to the next level and start blocking downfield as long as the pass is completed behind the line of scrimmage. I'd like to get rid of that rule. No blocking downfield on pass plays until after the ball is caught regardless of where it's caught.

My issue is more with the college rule that you can take that pick play to the next level and start blocking downfield as long as the pass is completed behind the line of scrimmage. I'd like to get rid of that rule. No blocking downfield on pass plays until after the ball is caught regardless of where it's caught.
I agree with you there for sure.

Trent Dilfer saying on the radio that Tua will likely start over Hurts next season. After listening to him talk about Tua I am actually scared for the rest of the SEC.

Wouldn't surprise me, I think Hurts is a rb playing qb. Only problem with that is Alabama never needs backs. He's a really good athlete though, he could play a bunch of positions. It's up to him where his heart is at. If it's at qb, he probably should consider moving on or just win the damn job again.

This, or if they are going to treat it like a handoff, make it so any pass thrown behind the line is a fumble, even if it went forward. Put a little risk into the equation.

Ballsy call by Dabo to take one more shot at the TD because even if one little thing hadn't gone according to plan on that play like Watson getting pressured or Renfrow bobbles the catch and the pass falls incomplete, then an extra second could've easily run off the clock and Clemson doesn't even get to line up for the FG to send it into OT.

Scarbrough getting hurt in the 3rd was a big factor but the big things that killed Bama in the end was Hurts' inability to throw the ball downfield. All those 3 and out's put their defense on the field more which wore them down and that was lethal against a mobile QB. Watson obviously played a great game and his receivers were incredible in the 4th quarter with some of those catches.

I'm really happy for the Clemson fanbase, they have tremendous support down there in a fairly remote area and travel very well.

The better team won. I don't give a frog's fatass who is the better team the other 364 days of the year. You have to be better in that moment, that's it.

Back