What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Coach Sark has been contacted by several NFL teams, but is planning to stay put for now.

With all the college job openings this year, I'm surprised Jeff Tedford's name didn't come up in more for some of the jobs that were out there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land on an NFL staff prior to next season, similar to the career path Dirk Koetter is on.

Tough luck for Syracuse. Still seems like a weird decision for an NFL franchise

Looking like it´s not a slam dunk Kelly leaves. Didn´t give the Browns an answer today.

The Browns might have dropped their interest in Kelly and removed him from their candidate list.

Phil Knight made a big push.

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky--------->Bielema
Kentucky----->Mark Stoops
Idaho--------->Paul Petrino
Purdue--------->Darelll Hazell
NCST------->Dave Doeren
BC--------->Steve Adazzio
Auburn------>Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Bitch Jones
Cal--------->Sonny Dykes
USF------->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP-------->The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino
Texas Tech--------->Kliff Kingsbury
Arky St.----------->Bryan Harsin
NIU----------->Their OC
W. Michigan--------->P.J. Fleck
Temple----------->Matt Ruhle
La. Tech------->Skip Holtz
SJSU----------->Ron Caragher
Wisconsin---->Gary Anderson
Yoot St.--------->Their OC, whoever that is
Kent St.-------->Paul Haynes

Jobs open:

FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

Syracuse

The our HC retired market:

Nevada

I think he would like to run it some, but he can find those guys in the draft. For example, no sane coach would stake his reputation and career on Michael Vick right now.

You bring up a good point. Lots of guys who run it well in college and not much demand for them in the NFL. You would never run it as your base offense but if you can get a college QB as a UFA or even with a late draft choice who can be effective you could run it enough to make life hard for opposing defenses. It can't be a pure run QB because NFL defenses would destroy that but an adequete thrower who gives a completely different look might do enough to win you some games.

Looking at it objectively how many games does your traditional third string QB win for you anyways. The read option guy would be a guy who could take those snaps if you ever got that deep into the depth chart but also give you another dimension that could help you win some. Tebow is a horrible NFL QB but look at the problems he caused teams in his stretch with the Broncos. Think about if a team had to prepare for a quality traditional QB and also deal with the read option guy a few plays a game.

Kelly is the kind of guy who would take advantage of what he can do to make other teams uncomfortable in whatever way he can.

This is the Bills you're talking about!

According to Roger Goodell, there will be an NFL franchise in Buffalo in the very near future.
Not a bad hire actually. He was an OC for the Saints and his time in Syracuse he knows the fan base.

I wonder if there are any legs to all the Mora Jr to San Diego talk.

Brian Kelly met with Philly and talks will resume when he returns to the US. He's out of the country right now. There is mutual interest.

The crying you're hearing comes from Knoxville.

Mortensen hinted a few weeks ago that Brian Kelly is interested in the NFL. I think he would do well in Philly.

Brian Kelly met with Philly and talks will resume when he returns to the US. He's out of the country right now. There is mutual interest.

The crying you're hearing comes from Knoxville.

Brian Kelly to Philly. Chip Kelly to ND.

This could shape up pretty well for us. I have to say the idea of Brian Kelly to Philly would make me laugh. A lot.

I first saw this over at the other place...please, please BK go to Philly. I would chuckle. I bet in Philly, he could take out a couple of filiming interns and nary a peep would be heard, actually they might applaud. Philly is a tough place. The only thing that would make it funnier would be Bitch Jones following BK to ND.

Back