What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Brian Kelly met with Philly and talks will resume when he returns to the US. He's out of the country right now. There is mutual interest.

The jubilation you're hearing comes from Knoxville.
fify

Apparently former Mizzou OC Yost has joined Mike Leach's staff at WSU as the receivers coach.

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky--------->Bielema
Kentucky----->Mark Stoops
Idaho--------->Paul Petrino
Purdue--------->Darelll Hazell
NCST------->Dave Doeren
BC--------->Steve Adazzio
Auburn------>Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Bitch Jones
Cal--------->Sonny Dykes
USF------->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP-------->The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino
Texas Tech--------->Kliff Kingsbury
Arky St.----------->Bryan Harsin
NIU----------->Their OC
W. Michigan--------->P.J. Fleck
Temple----------->Matt Ruhle
La. Tech------->Skip Holtz
SJSU----------->Ron Caragher
Wisconsin---->Gary Anderson
Yoot St.--------->Their OC, whoever that is
Kent St.-------->Paul Haynes
Syracuse------> Scott Schaefer

Jobs open:

FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

Oregon

The our HC retired market:

Nevada

The Carousel just keeps limping along....

Last edited:
Debt laden John L Smith to Fort Lewis

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...smith-is-new-head-coach-of-fort-lewis-college
Things certainly didn't work out for him at Arkansas, but John L. Smith has reportedly landed himself a new head coaching job. Though it's not at a school you'll be hearing much about in 2013.
The Durango Herald is reporting that Smith has accepted the head coaching job at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado.
Fort Lewis College athletic director Gary Hunter was Idaho's athletic director in 1989 when he hired Smith to take over the Vandals program. At Idaho Smith won two Big Sky Conference titles before leaving for Utah State in 1995.
Smith inherits a Fort Lewis team that went 0-10 last season and 6-25 the last three years, which sounds a bit more difficult than taking over an Arkansas team that was ranked in the top ten in 2011. We all know how that worked out for Smith.
Though something tells me life in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference will probably be a bit easier than it was in the SEC.

He's going to go from getting beaten by LSU, Bama, and Florida to getting beaten by CSU-Pueblo, Mesa State (or whatever they are calling themselves these days,) and Adams State.

Pep Hamilton has interviewed with Oregon, although I´d guess that´s just a technicality. They have to interview a minority candidate.

He's going to go from getting beaten by LSU, Bama, and Florida to getting beaten by CSU-Pueblo, Mesa State (or whatever they are calling themselves these days,) and Adams State.

Don't forget he gets to match wits with Bob Stitt at Mines, too.

Joking aside, good for him. Ft Lewis been down so long, it looks like "up" to them! Don't you recall that GB got his big break at Ft Loser?

Like to see Colrado get a good rep for football at all levels. D-2 is fun to watch and good players from that level often become career HS coachs. According to some wags on this board, Colo HS FB needs more good coachs.

Last edited:
I like UVA's haul bringing in Tom O'Brien to help with the offense (was as assistant there during some very, very good years there under George Welsh, including being ranked #1. This is not to be mistaken for the "back to the past" onslaught that we saw under Embree. Completely different situation.) Also brought in Jon Tenuta as DC.

The strange part about O'Brien is I keep asking myself "what's the point of Mike London even being the HC anymore?" O'Brien being brought is even stranger by the fact that UVA didn't fire their "up and comer" OC, Bill Lazor. It certainly raises the question of a "too many chefs in the kitchen" type of situation, so to speak. However, O'Brien is simply not that kind of guy IMO and won't be getting in Mike London's way. Bill Lazor is certainly going to find his duties reduced, though.

Last edited:
Helfrich the HC at Oregon...no surprise there.

Are Oregon fans excited about this? Seems like after their recent track record and endless Nike money that they could attract a really big fish. I guess continuity counts for something, but curious what Duck fan thinks about this decision.

I'd go give him crap at the Fort but that dude is a nut. He isn't gonna do much smiling there, they are horrible.

Are Oregon fans excited about this? Seems like after their recent track record and endless Nike money that they could attract a really big fish. I guess continuity counts for something, but curious what Duck fan thinks about this decision.

From what I've read, the reaction is mixed, but leans positive. I think fans like that he learned under Chip and there will be continuity in the offense and with assistant coaches. They seem like they are in the same position as Furd when Shaw was hired.

EDIT: Can't be Saban. Mora? Shaw maybe?

[tweet]293836092585672705[/tweet]

[tweet]293837961450123264[/tweet]

Last edited:
Back