What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Staff

Montez is way better now. 6 sacks in s what makes Montez look bad.
So does not stepping up into the pocket, and not getting rid of the ball on schedule.

He's not a main reason for the streak, but he certainly isn't the solution.

Montez is way better now. 6 sacks in s what makes Montez look bad.
The OL is bad and certainly not doing him any favors, and Montez may be be better now than he was, but there was a severe overreaction to just how good he was early on this season

I don’t care to bash the players. I just hope the AD can find a coach that knows how to win.
Agree. I am just resigned to the fact 80 percent of the staff is back next year.

As for Montez, with a good OC and a half decent defense, he should be getting 7 to 9 wins a year his last 2 seasons. I feel like the staff is wasting his natural talents and calling plays that only highlight some of his weaknesses.

Montez getting slaughtered bc of his o line and having our top 4 WRs out doesn’t help make him look good. Prior to the injuries to Viska, KD, JMac, and Winfree, Montez showed incredible improvement over last year.

Roper has earned his paycheck this year IMO.
Drake has earned his paycheck with the improvements I’ve seen from all of the guys along the DL.

Fire Neinas, Adams, Bernardi

Chiv seems to be at least 2-3 years behind the other Tech air raid protoge types. i don't even know what we are trying to do a lot of the time. it's like a Ricardo Patton* offense. when we have good plays, it feels a little flukey or the result of a tremendous individual effort. OL is dreadful....hard to overcome that.

i think we win one of the next 3.....not sure why or which.

go to a low tier bowl. we see MM next year. i've pulled for the guy but i'm on the last straw i think. maybe it's time for MM to take a lateral move.....his national reputation still seems pretty high vs. the way CU fans see it. to say the least.

* i liked Rico for the most part....though, he should have been gone 2-3 years before he was. ahem.

What is everyone smoking? How can ANYONE not see that this slide is exclusively the fault of the defense?!?! We are averaging over 32 points per game!! The O-Line and the entire offense are DOING THEIR JOB! They should be able to average 32 points and expect all wins! You have to be pretty blind to blame the past 4 game on anything but defense.

What is everyone smoking? How can ANYONE not see that this slide is exclusively the fault of the defense?!?! We are averaging over 32 points per game!! The O-Line and the entire offense are DOING THEIR JOB! They should be able to average 32 points and expect all wins! You have to be pretty blind to blame the past 4 game on anything but defense.
Wait, wut? The OL cannot get enough to push to pinch a collective loaf.

Most of the blame goes to the defense. But the offense is not able to sustain drives and fails to finish a lot of drives. The past 2 weeks have been against the worst run defenses in the conference and CU has not been able to assert itself on the ground or make a play in short yardage. Plus, we did have a defensive touchdown against OSU while in the UA game the offense was gift wrapped field position inside the 20 and inside the 10 by special teams & the defense.

In short, defense has been horrible and can't get stops but this team has failed to make the key plays in all phases during the losing streak.

The offense was awful vs USC and Washington. The defense owns these last two.

Most of the blame goes to the defense. But the offense is not able to sustain drives and fails to finish a lot of drives. The past 2 weeks have been against the worst run defenses in the conference and CU has not been able to assert itself on the ground or make a play in short yardage. Plus, we did have a defensive touchdown against OSU while in the UA game the offense was gift wrapped field position inside the 20 and inside the 10 by special teams & the defense.

In short, defense has been horrible and can't get stops but this team has failed to make the key plays in all phases during the losing streak.
"Fails to finish a lot of drives." That right there has either cost us a couple of games or was a big cause of it.

Way off dude. Our inability to sustain drives and score points has led them to playing too many snaps. I’ll grant you that our DB’s suck, but the defense overall has been leaned on too heavily

Way off dude. Our inability to sustain drives and score points has led them to playing too many snaps. I’ll grant you that our DB’s suck, but the defense overall has been leaned on too heavily

This 100 times, yes. You can't expect a subpar defense to hold their own when they are on the field most of every second half.

MM is back next year, unfortunately. $10M. He is out coached weekly, and has a weak supporting cast, which are his guys. Recruiting will slide quickly with all the disasters on display. 2016 was a one off with unusual percentage of upperclassmen (it is college after all). Just another sad chapter in CU football history.

I am just so disappointed. Look forward to football all year. The Buffs are all I watch and invest time and money into. I try to be a loyal and good fan. Just seems like a one sided relationship year in year out.
I feel the same way.

Being a Buffs fan is starting to get hard again, we’ve had a few years now where they were at least fun to watch again as opposed to the Embree/Hawk era, but now I feel that I have to accept that you can never hope they’ll be a legitimate force to be reckoned with, they’ll only let us down the second you start to think we’re there. We can explain it away with injuries etc, but you watch Bama play, and it’s like watching your nephew lose at horse and then watching the NBA dunk competition.

Lightning can strike, might get a flash in the pan occasionally, but that’s it in the current model.

Last edited:
I feel the same way.

Starting to get hard again, we’ve had a few years now where they were at least fun to watch again as opposed to the Embree/Hawk era, but now I feel that I have to accept that you can never hope they’ll be a legitimate force to be reckoned with, they’ll only let us down the second you start to think we’re there. We can explain it away with injuries etc, but you watch Bama play, and it’s like watching your nephew lose at horse and then watching the NBA dunk competition.

Lightning can strike, might get a flash in the pan occasionally, but that’s it in the current model.
Gross.

I feel the same way.

Being a Buffs fan is starting to get hard again, we’ve had a few years now where they were at least fun to watch again as opposed to the Embree/Hawk era, but now I feel that I have to accept that you can never hope they’ll be a legitimate force to be reckoned with, they’ll only let us down the second you start to think we’re there. We can explain it away with injuries etc, but you watch Bama play, and it’s like watching your nephew lose at horse and then watching the NBA dunk competition.

Yup

There's been a lot of buzz about bringing back Gary Barnett. Sounds like a lot of great thinkers are predicting he'll be our savior as HCGB.

Rick George should be fired if this is what he actually does. With that said, I’ve heard zero buzz about this and think you’re kind of pulling this out of your ass
Guilty.

But if 2018 has taught us anything, it's that spouting things off enough, regardless of whether it's coming from reason/truth or your ass, can be enough to get people on board.

Back