What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Staff

I'm a little surprised Slider's getting so much pushback here. With a 2.6m budget, I'd hope there's more creativity in building the staff than simply tripling the salaries of most of the SJSU staff. Identify those key guys who you want to retain (Lindgren should be at the top of that list), then be aggressive with the other spots. I'm guessing the assistant pool was in the 750k range at SJSU, which means, even if we do triple the salaries of, say, 5 key assistants, that should leave roughly 1m for the remaining 5. That would easily land at least a couple of the guys off of Slider's list.

Tend to think Jeffcoat is at the top.

Bobby Kennedy was rumored for Arkansas but they hired Miami's WR Coach George McDonald

I hate all this silence (coaching staff,recruits,transfers) - is it silence before the storm or sometimes quiet is a good thing?

I hate all this silence (coaching staff,recruits,transfers) - is it silence before the storm or sometimes quiet is a good thing?
per a certain radio personality who sat down with HCMM yesterday... silence, before the storm. Could be a wild recruiting season.

I don't like it. He just built on what Valdez started. He just rides coattails.

I agree. I mean, we're rolling in all this MileHighSports money (wait, what? we're paying them?). Giving Nik this promotion and tripling his salary is borderline unethical.

In fact, if history is any indicator, he should be the Anti-Recruiting Coordinator. 100% of all key commitments have come when Nik has been absent from the board. FACT!

I'm fine with bringing:
Lindgren (not worth 500k however)
Jeffcoat
Baer (not super happy, but more happy Mac was a good DC)
Forman, he seems legit
Bernardi

Clark seems borderline since he only coached Safety's. So he better be a damn good recruiter. We're talking Demetrice Martin status here

I'll flip ****tu if we bring in Guidici, La Russa, Adams etc. Those guys have no business being on a Pac-12 staff for the $$ we're paying, as of right now at least.

At a very minimum we should be poaching some Pac-12 coaches. None of those guys above have coached in the Pac-12, at least in the last decade. I don't really have names but how about Oregon State's WR coach. We need at least 2-3 coaches that are in the Pac-12 right now. I'd also really like Lubick, maybe as associate HC.

Completely agree with this post.
Keep the core of McIntyre's staff together for continuity, plus they have performed well together at SJSU. Add or keep someone with ties to CU and our history. And we should pay enough to bring in star coaches in lateral position moves from other schools. Starting with Lubick and focusing on great recruiters.
The fact that the administration is showing more support, salary increases, adding support staff and facility upgrades can only attract better coaches.
We still may need to pay more than UCLA, etc. but we can certainly do that at a few positions.

Here we go again. Posted a minute ago...

Alfred Williams@BigAlRadioCU has fired their entire football staff from the 12' season, everybody!

I look forward to Al's stirring defense of Cabral, and how firing him was just wrong.

Well, that's what happens when you are +/- dead last in every statistical category on both offense and defense. The acrimonious departure of the former head coach probably didn't help his assistants much either.

Well, that's what happens when you are +/- dead last in every statistical category on both offense and defense. The acrimonious departure of the former head coach probably didn't help his assistants much either.

I would imagine the attitude of the previous staff members was the biggest factor, especially if they don't see anything wrong with what Embree or they were doing.

I would imagine the attitude of the previous staff members was the biggest factor, especially if they don't see anything wrong with what Embree or they were doing.

And this is a shock? LOL. The staff did a terrible job last year. If I were MacIntyre, the only one I would have even considered keeping was Cabral. Feel bad for BC, but its time to break away from the past. That said, he can't do what Hawk did in 2005 with respect to the traditions. Leave those be, but time to cut ties with these guys.

That had a lot more to do with them losing their jobs than we will ever know...If this is true - we need sources

And this is a shock? LOL. The staff did a terrible job last year. If I were MacIntyre, the only one I would have even considered keeping was Cabral. Feel bad for BC, but its time to break away from the past. That said, he can't do what Hawk did in 2005 with respect to the traditions. Leave those be, but time to cut ties with these guys.

Does anybody actually give a flying **** about these "traditions"? Hell, our resident former players weren't even aware of these "traditions" and they were ON THE ****ING TEAM!!!!

The only tradition I give a **** about is WINNING.

Does anybody actually give a flying **** about these "traditions"? Hell, our resident former players weren't even aware of these "traditions" and they were ON THE ****ING TEAM!!!!

Amen - and I am not religious

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. I think traditions are important tie to the past...but maybe that's the problem with this program. Don't know...if MikeMac wins he can do almost anything he wants except ending Ralphie's runs.

So, is his staff ever going to be announced or is it still taking shape?

Impatient, this one is! Some common courtesy to his former employer would dictate he wait until after their bowl game on Dec 27, to announce, so as not to cause disruptions in game prep. Then, too, other candidates might be working for other bowl teams, so the same consideration applies.

If another school's untimely annoucement of hiring assistants disrupted the Buffs' bowl prep, why do I have the feeling you would be the one screaming the loudest?

Impatient, this one is! Some common courtesy to his former employer would dictate he wait until after their bowl game on Dec 27, to announce, so as not to cause disruptions in game prep. Then, too, other candidates might be working for other bowl teams, so the same consideration applies.

If another school's untimely annoucement of hiring assistants disrupted the Buffs' bowl prep, why do I have the feeling you would be the one screaming the loudest?
You've got me totally wrong here. :lol: I can certainly wait.

There is a serious, serious problem if we import the entire SJSU staff and pay them anywhere close to $2.6million. That indicates that our coach is here to get himself and his buddies a pay raise and borders on unprofessional and unethical. That's many, many millions of dollars over the life of their contracts for one great season in a minor conference.

Totally disagree. He has a level of trust with the assistants he is bringing in and they worked well together, so why mess with that. He got the CU job because of what the coaching staff was able to do at San Jose State....why shouldn't he bring back the guys that sweat and bleed with him to get that program turned around.

Totally disagree. He has a level of trust with the assistants he is bringing in and they worked well together, so why mess with that. He got the CU job because of what the coaching staff was able to do at San Jose State....why shouldn't he bring back the guys that sweat and bleed with him to get that program turned around.
Agreed. Not sure they deserve to make top pay as if they were established BCS assistants, but I'm all for him bringing whoever helped him rebuild. If we have to pay top dollar for someone he really wants, like SJSU strength coach, then I say go for it.

sykes just put out a message on faceboook saying he was not being retained

[h=5]Jashon Sykes
[/h][h=5]Buff Nation-Thank u for great memories as a player & as an employee. Unfortunately I wasnt lucky enuff to survive the new coaching change[/h]

Back