What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody's stats last season... not bad

his head is turned in the direction he throws or has the "no look pass" come to CU football??

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Last time we played CU beat OU.

You can look right but can't throw left? Do your eyes move or do they stay in one spot?

Look at all the other QBs that wear visors and how awesome they are:lol: No visor =sucky QB play. Visor=Heisman or something.

Maybe we can keep the helmet cam on during the game too and have an allbuff member on the sideline tracking his reads. Those balls being batted back at the LOS could be dangerous though.

Look at all the other QBs that wear visors and how awesome they are:lol: No visor =sucky QB play. Visor=Heisman or something.

:lol:

I admit I am really having trouble tracking Snow's arguments in this thread.

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Last time we played CU beat OU.

You can look right but can't throw left? Do your eyes move or do they stay in one spot?

roses are red, violets are blue,
going for 4 straight championships.
How about you?

simple minds simple rhymes.... :smile2:

your head moves too, he can look right all he wants, but when it comes time to throw left he will turn his head to the left way before he throws the ball, watch him it is something I picked up 2 years ago and he did it ablot more last season too in the games I saw him play... a good DB picks up on that and start to play tighter, especially when the oline is not blocking that well together as a unit...

your head moves too, he can look right all he wants, but when it comes time to throw left he will turn his head to the left way before he throws the ball, watch him it is something I picked up 2 years ago and he did it ablot more last season too in the games I saw him play... a good DB picks up on that and start to play tighter, especially when the oline is not blocking that well together as a unit...

He absolutely stares down his receivers. That is something that should gradually dissipate as you play more games at QB, but I really do not think that happened with Cody last year. Prime example for me was the pick 6 he threw right before half of the Eastern Washington game.

How about you?

Cody looks down wr's yes, but his arm and mobility are just as much a problem.

I knew you'd win the rhyme war, needed to give you some crap for being a sooner,whatever that means.

Last edited:
He absolutely stares down his receivers. That is something that should gradually dissipate as you play more games at QB, but I really do not think that happened with Cody last year. Prime example for me was the pick 6 he threw right before half of the Eastern Washington game.

could it be because he is also having difficulty seeing over and around the o & d linemen? .5 to 1 second is a lot of time to lose in the pocket trying to find/see your receivers and the open lanes to throw in...

dont get me wrong, I am not knocking him because until someone earns the right to start in front of him, he will be the starter come next september

could it be because he is also having difficulty seeing over and around the o & d linemen? .5 to 1 second is a lot of time to lose in the pocket trying to find/see your receivers and the open lanes to throw in...

I think you're right, timing is a major component in the offensive struggles. Not only is height an issue with seeing the passing lanes, but the flow of plays last year was atrocious at times. Faking a delayed hand-off to a RB in the shotgun on almost every play really messed up timing as well.

Cody loks down wr's yes, but his arm and mobility are just as much a problem.

Iknew you'd win the rhyme war, needed to give you some crap for being a sooner,whatever that means.

I am not going to disagree with you or BB about Cody and his tendencies to lock on a target....

I did see him make some pretty decent throws last year, but not nearly as consistant as he needs be....

as far as scrambling, cody needs to learn/remember, live that he is not much faster then the linemen and most teams back 7 are as fast or faster than he is.

I am not going to disagree with you or BB about Cody and his tendencies to lock on a target....

I did see him make some pretty decent throws last year, but not nearly as consistant as he needs be....

as far as scrambling, cody needs to learn/remember, live that he is not much faster then the linemen and most teams back 7 are as fast or faster than he is.

Yep, that's where hansen comes in, but hansen has to learn not to force things and be able to lead and grasp the offense.

I feel that it's necessary to point out the obvious here. Until somebody else steps up and takes control of the offense, Cody is the man. After watching the coaches put the other guys in last year, it is clear why Cody remains the starter. Until there is a viable other option, he is who we have.

I have said before and I still believe that if the coaching staff cannot develop one of the many QBs they have brought into the system, then they either suck at evaluating QBs at the HS level or they suck at developing that talent. I don't like either prospect. We cannot continually be waiting for the next guy to come along and save us. They have enough people who have been in the system long enough that somebody should emerge as a better than average QB.

I feel that it's necessary to point out the obvious here. Until somebody else steps up and takes control of the offense, Cody is the man. After watching the coaches put the other guys in last year, it is clear why Cody remains the starter. Until there is a viable other option, he is who we have.

I have said before and I still believe that if the coaching staff cannot develop one of the many QBs they have brought into the system, then they either suck at evaluating QBs at the HS level or they suck at developing that talent. I don't like either prospect. We cannot continually be waiting for the next guy to come along and save us. They have enough people who have been in the system long enough that somebody should emerge as a better than average QB.

see post 69 in this thread, last 2 line I wrote... I agree or you agree or we agree on this

Look at OU's schedule and tell me what "2-3" teams you see them losing to in 2009.

Bradford didn't play Heisman-esque in the BCS title game, but he didn't play horrible, either. 26-41 for 256 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's isn't horrible. The difference in the game wasn't Bradford - it was OU's inability to get the tough yard when they needed to. Bradford isn't a running QB. He's a pocket QB. OU never had anybody who could take over the rushing game. OU had the ball multiple times inside Florida's 5 yard line and could never do anything with it. Florida had Tim Tebow when they got into those situations.
They will not beat UT. Haven't won in Lubbock in a long time. BYU. At a very improved Miami, which is not an easy place to win. @KU & @ NU are no cakewalk. And to finish the season they have Okie Lite who returns their entire team minus a TE. Do you really think they'll blow through this unscathed?

1st off why that theory may be true.....not. just who does OU play next year that has a defense like Florida's in the Big XII??

knu??

The thing about Bradford and OU, (I expect to see more of a running game next year, not so much that the offensive line cant pass block, as the 4 running backs they have, especially the young rb from Van, TX (Jermaine Calhoun) and from San Antonio (Justin Johnson)) and the fact he has 2 new wide recievers for starters.

OH and anyway after his RS freshman year, a lot of people were critical that it would be very difficult to improve on what he did his 1st year as start QB, but he did and so did the whole team playing together. Heck he has led the nation the past 2 years in passing efficency, won the heisman, won as the starting QB back to back big xII championships, the 1st and only QB to do so, Davey O'brien award and all against some pretty good competition, (well one team comes to mind that wasn't. game over in less than 300 seconds).

So not having as good a year in 2009 as he did in 2007 & 2008 would be safe to say. The odds are in your favor in that statement. Only problem is it wouldn't take much to know this, but then its quite a stretch for you to reason through. :smile2:

Bet on?
An OU fan disagreeing with a post that points out OU's faults. Shocker. :rolleyes:
Bradford didn't deserve the Heisman last season. He wasn't even the best QB in his conference. He won't see defenses as good as UF's in the Big XII, but he also won't have the impenetrable wall in front of him. You take pretty much any QB and put him behind a line that doesn't allow him to get touched, let alone pressured in any way, and he's gonna look fantastic. I just want to see how he reacts after he gets his bell rung a few times and see if he's really "Super Sam". My money is on No.

How about you?

Roses are red, violets are blue.
**** you.

An OU fan disagreeing with a post that points out OU's faults. Shocker. :rolleyes:
Bradford didn't deserve the Heisman last season. He wasn't even the best QB in his conference. He won't see defenses as good as UF's in the Big XII, but he also won't have the impenetrable wall in front of him. You take pretty much any QB and put him behind a line that doesn't allow him to get touched, let alone pressured in any way, and he's gonna look fantastic. I just want to see how he reacts after he gets his bell rung a few times and see if he's really "Super Sam". My money is on No.

Comments like this bug me.

If Sam Bradford didn't "deserve" the Heisman last year, nobody did.

They will not beat UT. Haven't won in Lubbock in a long time. BYU. At a very improved Miami, which is not an easy place to win. @KU & @ NU are no cakewalk. And to finish the season they have Okie Lite who returns their entire team minus a TE. Do you really think they'll blow through this unscathed?

No, I do not think they will "blow through" unscathed.

But I do not believe they will lose 2 or 3 games, either.

OU will beat BYU like a rented mule.

Miami will be a good test for them, but calling a 7-6 team "very improved" is ridiculous. Miami's home stadium is hardly intimidating. They only average about 45,000 fans. OU sees more than that on a weekly basis in the conference. Miami has lost at home 5 times in the past two seasons. OU has lost 3 non-conference road games during the 10 years Stoops has been at OU.

At Kansas will be a good game. Mangino gameplans well for OU but his team doesn't have the speed.

At Nebraska will be an OU rout.

At Tech will be tough, but who knows how good the next Tech QB and WR corps will be. Plus if you've followed the Big 12 at all over the past couple years you've seen that in 2007, Bradford got hurt in the 1st half - and OU still should have won (brain fart by their OC) and in 2005 OU got robbed when the officials said the Tech player scored a TD.

The only game on their schedule where OU will NOT be favored is the game in Dallas in October.

hmmmm... guess you didn't look at the pictures. It is harder to see their eyes. and it was a throwaway comment. but by all means, pounce away. its the offseason.

And I am sorry BB can't understand. Perhaps he should stay in the recruiting forum and spend more time staring at video of 17 yo boys :smile2: which he seems to understand very well.

And I am sorry BB can't understand. Perhaps he should stay in the recruiting forum and spend more time staring at video of 17 yo boys :smile2: which he seems to understand very well.

Or you could clarify your position a little better. You jump from lots of team would love Cody on their roster to you cannot compare him to his conference peers (WTF?) to Cody can be a damn good QB to Cody can conceal his eyes better with a visor. I'm not sure what to take away from your posts other than you really have no idea how good Cody is or can be.

hmmmm... guess you didn't look at the pictures. It is harder to see their eyes. and it was a throwaway comment. but by all means, pounce away. its the offseason.

What's this? Snowbuff getting agitated for people pouncing? You have no problem pouncing on others ..ahem...lighten up.

Or you could clarify your position a little better. You jump from lots of team would love Cody on their roster to you cannot compare him to his conference peers (WTF?) to Cody can be a damn good QB to Cody can conceal his eyes better with a visor. I'm not sure what to take away from your posts other than you really have no idea how good Cody is or can be.

Go back to rivals and get your new pics of 17 yr old boys. Cue the peeking bear :smile2:

grumpy.jpg

No, I do not think they will "blow through" unscathed.

But I do not believe they will lose 2 or 3 games, either.

OU will beat BYU like a rented mule.

Miami will be a good test for them, but calling a 7-6 team "very improved" is ridiculous. Miami's home stadium is hardly intimidating. They only average about 45,000 fans. OU sees more than that on a weekly basis in the conference. Miami has lost at home 5 times in the past two seasons. OU has lost 3 non-conference road games during the 10 years Stoops has been at OU.

At Kansas will be a good game. Mangino gameplans well for OU but his team doesn't have the speed.

At Nebraska will be an OU rout.

At Tech will be tough, but who knows how good the next Tech QB and WR corps will be. Plus if you've followed the Big 12 at all over the past couple years you've seen that in 2007, Bradford got hurt in the 1st half - and OU still should have won (brain fart by their OC) and in 2005 OU got robbed when the officials said the Tech player scored a TD.

The only game on their schedule where OU will NOT be favored is the game in Dallas in October.

:lol:

****ing dumb ass OU fans forget fast. TCU and Boise St ring a bell? Comments like these bother me when Stoops has been known to get owned by these types of teams.:thumbsup: Arrogance at it's finest!:rolleyes:

Mcoy had a pretty good year but sker was probably on the tim tebow fan club.
Nope. McCoy deserved it. He was the best player among the three surrounded by the least amount of talent. He had more rushing yards than Tebow. His O line frequently had leaks and he still made plays. He should've won it.

Back