What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody's stats last season... not bad

No, I do not think they will "blow through" unscathed.

But I do not believe they will lose 2 or 3 games, either.

OU will beat BYU like a rented mule.

Miami will be a good test for them, but calling a 7-6 team "very improved" is ridiculous. Miami's home stadium is hardly intimidating. They only average about 45,000 fans. OU sees more than that on a weekly basis in the conference. Miami has lost at home 5 times in the past two seasons. OU has lost 3 non-conference road games during the 10 years Stoops has been at OU.

At Kansas will be a good game. Mangino gameplans well for OU but his team doesn't have the speed.

At Nebraska will be an OU rout.

At Tech will be tough, but who knows how good the next Tech QB and WR corps will be. Plus if you've followed the Big 12 at all over the past couple years you've seen that in 2007, Bradford got hurt in the 1st half - and OU still should have won (brain fart by their OC) and in 2005 OU got robbed when the officials said the Tech player scored a TD.

The only game on their schedule where OU will NOT be favored is the game in Dallas in October.

If you watched the Emerald Bowl you'd know that Miami is gonna be for real this season. Jacory Harris is the real deal and Shannon basically took the entire Miami Northwestern roster onto his team last season, which won the HSNC. They're young, but ridiculously talented. Marve led them to plenty of losses which is why they were 7-6. They will give OU a fight.

If you watched the Emerald Bowl you'd know that Miami is gonna be for real this season. Jacory Harris is the real deal and Shannon basically took the entire Miami Northwestern roster onto his team last season, which won the HSNC. They're young, but ridiculously talented. Marve led them to plenty of losses which is why they were 7-6. They will give OU a fight.

I agree, Shannon has done an incredible job recruiting, it will start to show this year just like Hawks will start to show at CU.

:lol:

****ing dumb ass OU fans forget fast. TCU and Boise St ring a bell? Comments like these bother me when Stoops has been known to get owned by these types of teams.:thumbsup: Arrogance at it's finest!:rolleyes:

owned? bsu needed double overtime and was decided by a trick play (that is owned????) and tcu got punked last year in norman. when the sooners did lose to tcu in norman, it was by a margin of three points (which is less than our own loss to montana state). stoops has suffered TWO losses at home in norman - if we are going to mock a team for getting owned, no need to look any further than our own black and gold.

another epic fail: lt col is NOT a sooner fan.

owned? bsu needed double overtime and was decided by a trick play (that is owned????) and tcu got punked last year in norman. when the sooners did lose to tcu in norman, it was by a margin of three points (which is less than our own loss to montana state). stoops has suffered TWO losses at home in norman - if we are going to mock a team for getting owned, no need to look any further than our own black and gold.

another epic fail: lt col is NOT a sooner fan.

"Our own" ?

As you mentioned, it is a clear visor, and it also does not make much difference if you never bother to check off your first receiver (which Cody is prone to do most of the time).

Not to mention the fact that guys 20 yards downfield are going to see which way his helmet is looking, not his friggin' eyes. Time to stop grasping at straws and give it up, snowdude...

:lol:

****ing dumb ass OU fans forget fast. TCU and Boise St ring a bell? Comments like these bother me when Stoops has been known to get owned by these types of teams.:thumbsup: Arrogance at it's finest!:rolleyes:

2005 in Norman and 2006 Fiesta bowl I havent forgotten at all. In fact I can list of OU's losses under Bob Stoops in his 10 years as OU's head coach if you want me to? Best part is I dont have to count to 23....:smile2:

I can also remember some wins too, like hanging 60+ points on Mizzou last year in the Big XII CCG, or scoring 35 points in the 1st 5:37 against the knu last year in Norman, and a solid win against Kansas the week after losing our middle LB to a season ending injury.

So tell me you still remember Montana State Bearcats and 2006? I do, CU became the 1st BCS conference school to lose to a Div II school now known as FCS Subdivision football.

Losing to TCU in 2005 that went on and won their conference, oh ya Gary Patterson is the real deal when it comes to coaching in the MWC, undefeated Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl, or losing to a Div II school at home? Take your pick what will be remembered longer?

"Our own" ?

:lol: yeah, that's right. though i question if you belong.

I have to admit that I've gotten that impression too after reading recent posts.

ubt and i invited the col to the ou tech game last year in norman. i can tell you now, he is no sooner fan. if he was, he might have 1. participated in the crowd cheers, or 2. acted as if he were more than a detached spectator.

personally, i do not think that the ability to be objective by itself is a quality that should prompt one to accuse another of being a sooner. it would be ideal if we could claim that for ourself as buff fans.

I think you're right, timing is a major component in the offensive struggles. Not only is height an issue with seeing the passing lanes, but the flow of plays last year was atrocious at times. Faking a delayed hand-off to a RB in the shotgun on almost every play really messed up timing as well.

Right behind the injury issue on the O line, that shotgun was the next biggest disaster. You just never saw the bigger backs get ANY momentum-- in fact, they would usually run to the QB, get the ball, stop, turn, then then start to accelerate to the hole (or where the hole was supposed to be). That is why Speedy did so much better--- he can accelerate quickly so he had a fighting chance. With this line healthy, and running out of a more traditional I type formation, and with Scott, Speedy, Lockridge and Sumler healthy.....I can't say for sure it will work alot better, but the tingly sensation I get when I think about it tells me that this could be the best running game CU has had in many years. Think Brown and Purify--- only faster.

That said, I understand it is the offseason and I am jonesing for some CU football and may be fantasizing about having a great run game once again.:lol:

ubt and i invited the col to the ou tech game last year in norman. i can tell you now, he is no sooner fan. if he was, he might have 1. participated in the crowd cheers, or 2. acted as if he were more than a detached spectator.

personally, i do not think that the ability to be objective by itself is a quality that should prompt one to accuse another of being a sooner. it would be ideal if we could claim that for ourself as buff fans.

Hey now!!

#1 -- It was FRIGGING COLD!!!!!!

#2 -- I did "jump around!"

#3 -- I was distracted by the scenery right next to me!

#4 -- It was a rout from the opening gun!

All that being said, I did have a great time at that game and you and UBT were great fun to go to the game with!

Oh, okay, thanks for straightening me out: being objective means defending OU... My "feeling" came more from the can't-let-it-go, jump-all-over kind of tone to the posts. But maybe that's just me.

There are three people here that will respond to anything OU related on this board, pretty much every time.

UBT, duh he's a Sooner
Lady Blaise, duh she's a sooner...er I mean married to a sooner
LT. Col. Frank Slade....is a buff fan but seems to have a lot of admiration for the sooners. I think it's because of his proximity to Norman. I don't think he's a fan per se, but he does enjoy watching the sooners.

FixedThisThreadSucks.gif

Lady Blaise, duh she's a sooner...er I mean married to a sooner
LT. Col. Frank Slade....is a buff fan but seems to have a lot of admiration for the sooners.

if i were a sooner, i would have had the opposite reaction than what i did when the buffs won in boulder. i probably would have been upset as opposed to estatic.

No less than you :lol:

of the two of us, one of us chooses to see the positive in the program. one of us chooses to fly all over the country in support of the program. and one of us got to go down to the sidelines during a game this year (66 you rawk FOREVER).

i have done a lot of cool things in the past year, and will be doing a lot more. being able to sideline stroll during gametime is probably one of the coolest things i have done EVAR - the reason i hold it in such esteem is because i bleed silver and gold.

YOU find it inconvienient to support the program at times, and feel as if you should not have to take the bad with the good. that is not like a fan at all. do not compare us.

Comparing fanhood really elevates this thread. Interested to see where it goes.

He did that with NO run game, NO Oline, and a very mediocre (at best) group of receivers...

Makes me feel better about next season for sure!

I wouldn't be expecting too much turnaround from "NO run game, NO Oline, and a very mediocre (at best) group of receivers" in just one short year.

I wouldn't be expecting too much turnaround from "NO run game, NO Oline, and a very mediocre (at best) group of receivers" in just one short year.
Yeah. The return of Miller, Iltis, and MTM on the line won't change anything. Even with Stewart and Scott in the backfield. As for the WR's, I'm sure Simas and Simmons will have little to no effect on the receiving corps.

if i were a sooner, i would have had the opposite reaction than what i did when the buffs won in boulder. i probably would have been upset as opposed to estatic.

of the two of us, one of us chooses to see the positive in the program. one of us chooses to fly all over the country in support of the program. and one of us got to go down to the sidelines during a game this year (66 you rawk FOREVER).

i have done a lot of cool things in the past year, and will be doing a lot more. being able to sideline stroll during gametime is probably one of the coolest things i have done EVAR - the reason i hold it in such esteem is because i bleed silver and gold.

YOU find it inconvienient to support the program at times, and feel as if you should not have to take the bad with the good. that is not like a fan at all. do not compare us.

Going to the sideline would have been great. I'm flying in for the home games this season as I have kept my season tix as I have had them for 20 years. I am negative about things but some are legit and some are just me being an a-hole and not trying to look at the positive aspects .

But to say you're a better fan is flat wrong. More positive no doubt.

Yeah. The return of Miller, Iltis, and MTM on the line won't change anything. Even with Stewart and Scott in the backfield. As for the WR's, I'm sure Simas and Simmons will have little to no effect on the receiving corps.

I would think it would be better. Myself and i'm sure others expect too much from these freshman. They need time like anyone else and with another year and experience plus getting stronger and the game slows down,I think improvement for the offense is very realistic.

I would think it would be better. Myself and i'm sure others expect too much from these freshman. They need time like anyone else and with another year and experience plus getting stronger and the game slows down,I think improvement for the offense is very realistic.
I assume you're referring to the WR's? Simas has been here for 2 years? And Simmons is a JUCO. I know he needs time, but he shouldn't need too much time to pick everything up. At least not as much as the freshmen WR's.

I assume you're referring to the WR's? Simas has been here for 2 years? And Simmons is a JUCO. I know he needs time, but he shouldn't need too much time to pick everything up. At least not as much as the freshmen WR's.

No, more toward the OL than wr. I think simas is going to help big time, and if simmons gets in, that gives cu some depth and talent that we haven't had in awhile.

Most teams double smith and now they won't be able to use that.

Good lord, I'm sounding way to positive, that is all.:smile2:

No, more toward the OL than wr. I think simas is going to help big time, and if simmons gets in, that gives cu some depth and talent that we haven't had in awhile.

Most teams double smith and now they won't be able to use that.

Good lord, I'm sounding way to positive, that is all.:smile2:
Simmons is the key. He needs to get in. I also agree with you on Jfly. He got DT'ed all season last year. I think we'll see more production from him if we get some other talent on the field. No disrespect to McKnight.

The OL isn't as young as it looks. Miller should be a JR. MTM has a year under his belt. Iltis will be entering his third year in the program no? And Givens is a stud. I also expect Solder to turn the corner.

Simmons is the key. He needs to get in. I also agree with you on Jfly. He got DT'ed all season last year. I think we'll see more production from him if we get some other talent on the field. No disrespect to McKnight.

The OL isn't as young as it looks. Miller should be a JR. MTM has a year under his belt. Iltis will be entering his third year in the program no? And Givens is a stud. I also expect Solder to turn the corner.

The thing is, you also have behrens whi is being over-looked,he was decent and will be a factor and you have bahr and head who also played a bunch. Daniels also got some time.

Whta is your thoughts on tau and adkins? I will say this, from what I saw on film, harris, simon and probably my favorite HANDLER look ready now. Handler got the biggets reaction too, guy was road grading dudes off the field.

Agree on Simmons. If he makes it in, we have a solid top 4 at WR with each guy bringing something a bit different to the table. The article by Ringo today gives me hope. He really wants to be a Buff.

I'm still not sure about MTM being ready to go by the start of the season. We shall see.

The thing is, you also have behrens whi is being over-looked,he was decent and will be a factor and you have bahr and head who also played a bunch. Daniels also got some time.

Whta is your thoughts on tau and adkins? I will say this, from what I saw on film, harris, simon and probably my favorite HANDLER look ready now. Handler got the biggets reaction too, guy was road grading dudes off the field.

It is nice to have some options at guard, especially since the guys you mention all have some experience.

I was kinda wondering about Tau myself. Is he the guy that gets left out?

Agree on Simmons. If he makes it in, we have a solid top 4 at WR with each guy bringing something a bit different to the table. The article by Ringo today gives me hope. He really wants to be a Buff.

I'm still not sure about MTM being ready to go by the start of the season. We shall see.

It is nice to have some options at guard, especially since the guys you mention all have some experience.

I was kinda wondering about Tau myself. Is he the guy that gets left out?

I haven't heard much about tau since he's arrived. The depth is nice, if tuioti 9 who I think is the best guard of the bunch) can stay healthy,that would really boosts the top 2 squads. We'll have to see, tought o have 3 of them in 2years .

Did MTM reinjure his knee?

Back