What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes v Texas Longhorns - Alamo Bowl, 29 Dec, 7pm MT - GAME THREAD

Don’t put that juju in the air!

Obligatory:

threaten talladega nights GIF

I’m sad and discouraged. I really, we all really, need to see positive signs. The University of Colorado is such a great school I can’t bring myself to admit that we are and forever will be a football bottom feeder.

I’m sad and discouraged. I really, we all really, need to see positive signs. The University of Colorado is such a great school I can’t bring myself to admit that we are and forever will be a football bottom feeder.

Why should you be sad when CU had just 49 players were dressed and played as hard as they could? You said they quit when it was more like they were worn out.

Yep, but it’s bad karma around here to say anything negative about him. Great player, great Buff. Average coach, average to below average recruiter. Tucker was the reason we got Mangham and Clayton. Not Hagan
Is Mangham supposed to be a good thing?

Alfred at about 6:30: We can win this game! No excuses! No moral victories!

Alfred at 7 pm: Come on OSU and Miami, wrap it up.

Alfred at 7:08: Wait, the game started already? They didn't show it? Texas is at our 8?

Alfred at 7:09: Dammit. That's okay! We knew they'd score points! We need to score some of our own!

Alfred at 7:15: ****.

Alfred at 7:20: ****.

8:00: Here we go! Lewis is going to turn this around! We're in this!

8:20: Where'd Lewis go?

9:00: Dammit.

9:15: DAMMIT

9:45: Okay, we're probably not going to win this, but let's make it respectable, and who knows? Stranger things have happened.

10: OMFG you have to be kidding me.

10:10: Lewis is going to be a player. Keep at it offense, let's make it respectable.

10:15: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

10:16: I hate football. I hate being a Buffs fan. I hate myself.

Alfred at 7:08: Wait, the game started already? They didn't show it? Texas is at our 8?

Alfred at 7:09: Dammit. That's okay! We knew they'd score points! We need to score some of our own!

9:45: Okay, we're probably not going to win this, but let's make it respectable, and who knows? Stranger things have happened.

10:10: Lewis is going to be a player. Keep at it offense, let's make it respectable.

Somebody needs a soothing lavender scented bath.

Alfred? Hell, that’s all of us.

Being that I’m a millennial, I’m more attached to others opinions about me than I should be. Did I survive the ignorefest?

wow I’m more drunk than I’d like to admit
Did you advocate for joining the Mountain West? No? You’re good.

Bright spot? Lewis

Cause for concern? Everything else.

And cheers Zandibuff. I know not why you were banned, but shine on you crazy diamond.
Interesting. Zandi was the only poster I put on ignore in my first 13 years (before tonight) and I have no idea why.

I feel the same way. I want us to compete for pac 12 championships but the reality is our recruiting is more of a mid level MWC recruiting. We go after players who are lower tier. And then when we play Utah or Texas, we’re exposed as a lower tier team on the field. Sadly, I think it’s time to join a lower tier conference where we can compete on a regular basis. Or maybe we just enjoy watching teams like Oregon, Washington etc come to Boulder without any expectation we will win.

I feel the same way. I want us to compete for pac 12 championships but the reality is our recruiting is more of a mid level MWC recruiting. We go after players who are lower tier. And then when we play Utah or Texas, we’re exposed as a lower tier team on the field. Sadly, I think it’s time to join a lower tier conference where we can compete on a regular basis. Or maybe we just enjoy watching teams like Oregon, Washington etc come to Boulder without any expectation we will win.
Except we beat Washington last year. Texas is an extremely talented roster, probably top 5-10 in the country, and they have always performed well in bowl games under Herman.

No, CU isn’t on their level right now and recruiting needs to improve, but stop with this bull**** MWC narrative. You look silly

Last edited:
No way will I ever advocate us going to a lower tier conference! I may be bummed, but I’m not crazy! I still believe there is a burning ember buried in the ashes.

Everybody knows about our recruiting issues, so I'll leave that alone. It definitely showed, though. Another, when you play a team with better talent from top to bottom, you can't leave points out there. Two easy tds overthrown, a should've been pick 6, it can't happen. Our D kept us in it as long as they could. They'd get a stop, offense comes out, and a three and out. With no depth to speak of on defense, plus who we were missing, eventually the defense was going to break. This game was frustrating on quite a few levels, coaching was definitely a big part of that.

An interesting issue will be which seniors move on. After that performance, I don’t see much opportunity for draft picks coming from our senior class. Thoughts?

We’re already in a lower tier conference.

Officiating was fine. A couple of questionable things and maybe a missed hold or two. Otherwise okay.

Agree with a few missed calls but SEC officiating moves the game along much faster. The calls are made in 1/2 the time. The reviews are 5X faster. I think the PAC12 needs to overhaul their officiating manual. The SEC crew has less huddles and down time.

Back