What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Men's Basketball at Arizona Official Game thread

They didn't call it good on the floor. One ref did, and one seemed to disagree. That part is the worst part of it. Make a call, and check the replay to verify the call. They didn't do it right.

The one obvious bright side in this game... Colorado might win the Pac-12. Arizona is very good. We are better. I'd much rather lose a controversial game like this NOW, then in March. But this team gives me a heart attack, nearly every game. Gotta bring the killer instinct, especially with teams like Zona that have come back like this against arguably a better team in Florida.

Mike Bohn should lodge a formal protest with the conference. The result of the game will not be reversed ... but it is not unprecedented for conferences to admit officiating mistakes, particularly when they are this egregious.

If he does and the conference does in fact admit that an egregious error was committed, it will negate any bragging rights that AZ fans can claim for this "victory" ... and further ignite the passion in the team and the fans when the Mildcats come to the Keg. We need to turn this into a positive.

An admission by the conference would also give the Buffs a better case come tourney selection time (not that we'll need it as Pac-12 tourney champs, of course...).

Of course, it would also make a case against Zona, which is why it's doubtful it will ever happen...

My heart hurts. It's just a sick feeling. Not just the elation of the win followed by the rage of the blown call, but the part where we collapsed in the last 1:50 of the game. Everything we could do wrong we did.

Oh, and the blown call.

My heart hurts. It's just a sick feeling. Not just the elation of the win followed by the rage of the blown call, but the part where we collapsed in the last 1:50 of the game. Everything we could do wrong we did.

Oh, and the blown call.

That's the frustrating part. Should never have come down to that call.

Notice the difference in the times between the lower right and the backboard.
Chen1.jpg
Still think he gets it off. On his finger tips at .01, clearly off his hand at 0:00
Chen2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree it was close, but I just don't see how you can say he was touching it.

In the bottom pic, it looks like one side of the backboard clock is at 00.0 while the other side shows 00.1. But it's tough to tell from the angle.

But the ring around the backboard definitely doesn't appear to have gone red...

Yeah, the clock on the bottom is the TV feed, not the official one. Can't go by that.

We got home courted. If that same call is made at a neutral site or in Boulder it's 3 points.

It was amazingly close but the sideline shot showed clearly that the ball was out of his hand when the backboard light which is supposed to be directly connected to the clock lit up.

Even the Pac-12 knows we should have won.

A_vRwLkCMAAja7k.jpg

I like how the @Pac12 twitter account was bragging about Sabatino Chen trending worldwide on twitter as if the only reason wasn't because of the egregiously bad call by their refs.

Its been more than an hour after the call and I am still fuming...

:nod:

I walked away from the computer and ESPN for the last hour. Right now, I've actually got the Fiesta Bowl mop up on in the background because I can't bring myself to watch basketball.

We got home courted. If that same call is made at a neutral site or in Boulder it's 3 points.

It was amazingly close but the sideline shot showed clearly that the ball was out of his hand when the backboard light which is supposed to be directly connected to the clock lit up.

And what might make it even worse...
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

I understand two of the refs are from Denver. I know one of them pretty well. Doesn't matter. Pathetic call. Shameful.

I wonder if this was the same crew that was so bad for the Texas Southern game earlier this year that everyone was saying was supposed to be a good crew.

Honestly, even if I was a Zona fan I'd be saying there were some "WTF?!?!" calls in the game that went against them too. CU got it much worse, but they blatantly missed some the other way too. Most notably the shot Ski blocked that they called an airball (giving us possession) and the time Spencer fell down and they bailed him out with a phantom foul call. These refs were horrible. Maybe the worst part is that they changed the way they were calling the game at the end. For about 35 minutes, they pretty much let the teams play. Then, ever time a Zona player got into the lane it became a foul on CU.

I wonder if this was the same crew that was so bad for the Texas Southern game earlier this year that everyone was saying was supposed to be a good crew.

Honestly, even if I was a Zona fan I'd be saying there were some "WTF?!?!" calls in the game that went against them too. CU got it much worse, but they blatantly missed some the other way too. Most notably the shot Ski blocked that they called an airball (giving us possession) and the time Spencer fell down and they bailed him out with a phantom foul call. These refs were horrible. Maybe the worst part is that they changed the way they were calling the game at the end. For about 35 minutes, they pretty much let the teams play. Then, ever time a Zona player got into the lane it became a foul on CU.
I see that as a problem, just be consistent. The players will adjust. The best refs are ones u don't notice.

what game was stitt at... this is the same crew as the stitt game

Just unreal. Try not to get too upset over athletics, but this one is just gnawing away at me. It's one thing to lose, it's another to get inexplicably cheated/robbed. Nauseating.

Xavier Johnson is the only CU player on the court tonight for more than 20 minutes who didn't have at least 4 fouls called on him (just 3).

This thing has kind of blown up on ESPN, Twitter, etc. CU, at least, is getting a ton of love. There. Now, don't you feel better? :sad2:

Back