What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

In seriousness, there's obviously no doubt that our body of work warrants a top 25 spot. However, we are a team from the West and we beat Murray State relatively late tonight on the East Coast. Even with many bottom top 25 teams losing over the past week, it wouldn't at all shock me to see us screwed. Hope this team gets the recognition they deserve. Last week, we were tied for 42nd in votes in the Coaches and not receiving any votes in the AP. We beat 16th ranked Baylor, 27th Murray State and a solid team in Dayton. 2 NCAA Tournament locks and a potential third NCAA Tournament team.

Last edited:
Quinnipiac is in OT with #23 UConn on CBS Sports. 67-66 UConn with a little over 2 minutes to go.

Nik or anyone else recall when the polls come out? I thought one was late Sunday night and one Monday, but honestly it's been so long since CU has been ranked (or close to being ranked) in anything that I can't remember. Sad, isn't it?

Nik or anyone else recall when the polls come out? I thought one was late Sunday night and one Monday, but honestly it's been so long since CU has been ranked (or close to being ranked) in anything that I can't remember. Sad, isn't it?

I don't know. I rarely look at the basketball polls. There has been no reason for it. I watch RPI, but I guess we're starting to get into a new phase with this. Watching basketball polls? Damn. What's next, talking seed and venue instead of bubble math?

I don't know. I rarely look at the basketball polls. There has been no reason for it. I watch RPI, but I guess we're starting to get into a new phase with this. Watching basketball polls? Damn. What's next, talking seed and venue instead of bubble math?

The crazy thing is we have put ourselves in a position to discuss tourney birth without getting into our conference slate. We simply need to keep taking care of business and it will be a non issue. It is crazy watching this thing grow from where it was 3 years ago. I would have never have guessed I would see this in my 5 yrs at the university. Also to those who said we needed to temper expectations with this team in the preseason I would like to hear what you have to say now? I know we are playing sloppy still, but you cannot argue with results. The sky is the limit with this team.

Tomorrow is "Big Monday" for a lot of teams on our schedule.

UCLA plays Georgetown in the Brooklyn tourney
Arizona hosts a decent Long Beach State team
Kansas plays Washington State (KU gets credit for a neutral site by playing in Kansas City :rolleyes: )
USC plays at Illinois

Other games include Fresno State @ Cal Poly and Oregon hosting Jacksonville State

dunno if this has been asked and answered yet... but who do we want to win between dayton and murray state when they play

UConn is a fraud. Barely beat Wake Forest (a team that went out the next day and fell behind 40-5 to Iona) and then have to use double OT to beat Quinipiac. If we aren't jumping teams like that, something is wrong.

dunno if this has been asked and answered yet... but who do we want to win between dayton and murray state when they play

Too hard to say at this point, IMO. The best answer I can give is this: If, in a few weeks time, Dayton has slipped up a bit and it's evident that they're not going to make the Dance and meanwhile we are Murray State's only loss and they're in the top 25, then we want Murray State so it continues to look like a very solid win.

Last edited:
actually we might or might not you **** nugget for RPI purposes

The only way it matters is if it's the difference between one of them being a Top 50 win or not. We won't know at the time they play. Pretty much irrelevant.

It has the exact same impact on our RPI. But I think Murray state is a lock yo make the tourney and Dayton is on the bubble, so I would say Murray state.

Pretty sure most of them come out on Monday.

Back