What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

UCLA plays Georgetown tonight on ESPN2 at 6 mountain. Then you can just stay there the rest of the night as Kansas plays Washington St at 8 and USC plays Illinois at 10.

okay the numbers just came out and it looks Dayton has a 1.73% impact on our RPI and Murray State has a 1.69% which makes it basically a tie. It looks like that last 25% of RPI, opponents, opponent comes in to play there which bumps up Dayton a bit in terms of impact. That being said, I still think we want the highest ranked team via RPI to win that game.

** that percentage is before the PAC:12 tourney takes place and will only decrease.

UCLA plays Georgetown tonight on ESPN2 at 6 mountain. Then you can just stay there the rest of the night as Kansas plays Washington St at 8 and USC plays Illinois at 10.

UCLA better be careful with Georgetown. This isn't a fantastic Georgetown team, but certainly capable of knocking off UCLA on the East Coast if things fall into place

Not sure what Kansas/Wazzu is going to tell us, other than whether Wazzu is "really really bad" or "atrociously horrifically bad". This KU team can be beaten, though, when they face legit competition, hint hint :thumbsup:

Big opportunity for USC to show that they're back. Illinois isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but a win over the Illini in Maui would be a nice quality win and certainly signal that USC is competing for a top half Pac-12 finish.

Long Beach State played UNC tough for 30 minutes this past weekend. Arizona needs to not get caught sleepwalking or they could pay.

Last edited:
not sure what kansas/wazzu is going to tell us, other than whether wazzu is "really really bad" or "colorado football [strike]atrociously horrifically[/strike] bad". This ku team can be beaten, though, when they face legit competition, hint hint :thumbsup:

fify

Hmm. With Chicago and San Fran on ESPN at the same time, the worldwide leader will be getting some love from my cable box tonight.

Tomorrow is "Big Monday" for a lot of teams on our schedule.

UCLA plays Georgetown in the Brooklyn tourney
Arizona hosts a decent Long Beach State team
Kansas plays Washington State (KU gets credit for a neutral site by playing in Kansas City :rolleyes: )
USC plays at Illinois

Other games include Fresno State @ Cal Poly and Oregon hosting Jacksonville State

USC plays Illinois in Maui.

UCLA better be careful with Georgetown. This isn't a fantastic Georgetown team, but certainly capable of knocking off UCLA on the East Coast if things fall into place

Not sure what Kansas/Wazzu is going to tell us, other than whether Wazzu is "really really bad" or "atrociously horrifically bad". This KU team can be beaten, though, when they face legit competition, hint hint :thumbsup:

Big opportunity for USC to show that they're back. Illinois isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but a win over the Illini in Champaign would be a nice quality win and certainly signal that USC is competing for a top half Pac-12 finish.

Long Beach State played UNC tough for 30 minutes this past weekend. Arizona needs to not get caught sleepwalking or they could pay.
Just noticed USC beat LBSU by 18 last week

UCLA plays lazy defense and doesn't seem to understand that you attack the middle of a zone. Jeez, just make an entry pass to the high post and either shoot, kick out or hit cutters. This is not hard.

UCLA plays lazy defense and doesn't seem to understand that you attack the middle of a zone. Jeez, just make an entry pass to the high post and either shoot, kick out or hit cutters. This is not hard.

I know that shabazz will get better once he actually gets some game time, but man this UCLA game has the potential to go well for us.

scary talent on UCLA. should be interesting to see how good they get. Too bad they will be struggling early and making the pac look bad.

You are welcome Pac-12. Someone has to carry the banner...

Something aslo evident early on is, We need our bigs to get ready quickly if we are going to fight KU. They have some serious size.

Last edited:
UCLA lost to Georgetown. Although it didn't make the recap, I'm pretty sure Josh Smith picked up a Royale with Cheese or 6 after the 3rd media timeout

Wazzu is not exactly hanging in there with KU. Wow.

This is about Wazzu being atrociously bad, not KU being elite. IMO. (I'm not implying KU isn't a very good team). Saw this coming the second they scored 56 including OT in a loss against Pepperdine.

As for UCLA, they just don't have "it". Going to lose far more than they should given their talent level, and Howland may very well be gone after the season.

This is about Wazzu being atrociously bad, not KU being elite. IMO. (I'm not implying KU isn't a very good team). Saw this coming the second they scored 56 including OT in a loss against Pepperdine.

As for UCLA, they just don't have "it". Going to lose far more than they should given their talent level, and Howland may very well be gone after the season.

Ruh roh. I think they would appeal to Tad and he doesn't have a huge buyout that even UCLA could pay

Ruh roh. I think they would appeal to Tad and he doesn't have a huge buyout that even UCLA could pay

Not concerned about UCLA going after Tad, personally. They'll go for much "bigger" names with a more proven track record, IMO. Now, if we went on some run and made the Elite 8 or something this March, then I would be more concerned.

Fresno State and Arizona took care of business tonight. Oregon looks to be having no trouble with Jacksonville State. USC could do the conference a lot of good by winning at USC. That UCLA performance hurt.

So are we and Arizona going to have to prop up the conferences RPI on our own, lol? At least we play several MWC teams, which is looking pretty good again. New Mexico took down UConn tonight.

I'm sorry, but a blind squirrel IS NOT right twice a day.
And even a stopped clock CAN NOT find a nut every once in a while.

Yep. This is much more like quantum probability's "Infinite Monkey Theorem".

Monkeys.jpg

Yeah. I think I may have had USC overrated based on what I've seen so far. Better than last year, but that's not saying much.

Yeah pretty much the same as saying we will be improved in football next year :lol:...ugh

Looks like its up to us and Zona. Lets do this.

Back