What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Beavs came to play tonight. Or, more likely, Oregon is still sleepwalking. Lot of opportunity left to "Robinson it" though

Beavs came to play tonight. Or, more likely, Oregon is still sleepwalking. Lot of opportunity left to "Robinson it" though

A 7 point Beav lead with 18 1/2 left is like a different team being down by 5 or 6. Oregon's in great shape.

Only thing that could make this different is the rivalry thing.

Nelson was absolutely on fire for OSU in the first half. Oregon also may have just lost Dotson just as they got Artis back. He had to be carried off the court with a leg injury.

Thought that was a bull**** charge call on OSU a minute ago. I agreed with the tech, but you can't call that charge.

Every time I watch Oregon State, I'm baffled by how they're 3-12 in the Pac-12

Going to miss Robinson, Bone and Dawkins whenever they get the axe (hopefully not after this season)

I would be licking my chops to play Oregon in the Big Dance (obviously, we won't). They are ripe for the picking. Sure, they'll have time to gel, but they just do not have "it" anymore.

Robinson time

Come on, Beavs

Would love to see a Robinson practice. I bet it's a cluster**** of goofing around launching half court shots and playing HORSE :lol:

Last edited:
Robinson time

Come on, Beavs

Would love to see a Robinson practice. I bet it's a cluster**** of goofing around launching half court shots and playing HORSE :lol:

:lol:

21 point swing in this game over the last 8 minutes. That can't happen in a rivalry game.

:lol:

21 point swing in this game over the last 8 minutes. That can't happen in a rivalry game.

They are CBI heroes though, you'd better believe it. 3/4 years in Corvallis under Robinson. Pay to play knows no bounds, they'll do it again this year. I really think they might keep him again, as crazy as it sounds.

Very interested to see what happens with Dawkins as well. I know Stanford won the NIT last year, but they've yet to make the NCAA Tournament in 5 seasons (baring a miracle Pac-12 Tournament run) and have only even made the NIT once (they'll likely make it again this year)

If we end up with the 5 seed (sincerely hope not), I'd much rather play Wazzu than Oregon State (or Utah). Right now, Wazzu is 2-13. Beavs are about to drop to 3-13. Utah is 3-12.

85-75 Ducks win. Robinson still hasn't figured out that playing defense does help your chances. The Beavs are around 50th in the nation ppg (CU is 140th).

Don't feel like starting a thread just for this, but tonight we almost witnessed the lowest combined scoring game in history since the 3-point line was instituted in 1986. Manhattan beat Fairfield 34-31. The record, for inquiring minds, is from 2005, when Princeton beat Monmouth 41-21. Remember, Georgetown beat Tennessee 38-36 earlier this season. We've also had games in which teams have had 5 points, 4 points at halftime this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-fairfield-in-2ndlowest-scoring-game-since-86

Last edited:
Don't feel like starting a thread just for this, but tonight we almost witnessed the lowest combined scoring game in history since the 3-point line was instituted in 1986. Manhattan beat Fairfield 34-31. The record, for inquiring minds, is from 2005, when Princeton beat Monmouth 41-21. Remember, Georgetown beat Tennessee 38-36 earlier this season. We've also had games in which teams have had 5 points, 4 points at halftime this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-fairfield-in-2ndlowest-scoring-game-since-86

Time to do away with the "Dean Smith Memorial" 35 second clock, get it down to 30 secs. and eliminate the full clock reset when the offensive team regains possession in the forecourt, re-starting instead at 20 secs. Who needs another 35 (or 30) seconds to run an offensive play when you're already in the forecourt ??? :wow: Also one (or 2) fewer TOs per team, per half; let the coachs do their teaching work in practices, not during games.

Or.......... just flat go to the 24/8 clock, like NBA/international ball---still get rid of a TO though.

Last edited:
True. But looking at worst case, a split in these last 2 games and then if we drop our first game in the P12 tourney we could be skating on thin ice.

Absolutely. That is not an option. But we're in solid shape as it stands, especially considering our record.

Ha, yea but if we win these last 2 home games I think we're safe regardless of what we do in the P12 tourney.

Won't feel safe until we're in the quarters though. As Cville would say, still 2 more RPI landmines to go.

You guys have to be kidding. We've been a lock for the tournament for a long time. If we win 1 more game we are solidly in, if we lose out we are still in. Give me a break.

You guys have to be kidding. We've been a lock for the tournament for a long time. If we win 1 more game we are solidly in, if we lose out we are still in. Give me a break.

If we lose our next 3 our RPI will be around 50 and that is serious bubble territory.

You are on some seriously good acid if you think we could lose the final 3 (including two sub 150 losses) and be a definite "in".

Last edited:
You are on some seriously good acid if you think we could lose the final 3 (including two sub 150 losses) and be a definite "in".

You think we're going to lose at home to Oregon State and go winless in the conference tournament? Seriously? We have been a lock for weeks.

Back