What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm

Ugh..

This one's on Tad and Dinwiddie. Simple.

I think everyone can share in the blame. I can think of multiple examples of all of the starters losing their heads at one point or another. The stage was too big for us today.

Meh. It was an ok season. I'd say the team finished exactly where I expected them to. They neither under nor overachieved. I wouldn't classify it as great though.

You went into this season thinking 20+ wins and the NCAA tourney? Wow. I think we pretty much hit our ceiling for what I thought we'd do back in October.

Painful. Man I hope Roberson sticks another year. So sick of wait till next year as a Buff fan.

Oh well. In retrospect,the season still exceeded my expectations. X is coming on, Dinwiddie will come back with a fury, and Roberson might even be back. He hasn't exactly wowed anyone on this stage, so maybe he's too far into the second round to make sense.

That TO got a compliment from the game announcers. I liked it at the time. Thought we needed to settle down and get a good shot there.

We just haven't done anything on the offensive end the last 8 minutes of the game.
I watched that play 5 times. Spence had an easy 2. Illinois was out of position for a good 3-4 seconds.

It's going to be nice when we actually have some depth next season. Next year's team is going to be very fun to watch.

Already ready for November #IsItNovemberYet

You went into this season thinking 20+ wins and the NCAA tourney? Wow. I think we pretty much hit our ceiling for what I thought we'd do back in October.

After last year with the roster we brought into the season I viewed a tourney birth as a reasonable expectation. Getting eliminated in the first round is right where I expected us to be. There were some brief flashes of brilliance during the regular season, but there were also some real stinkers. I don't know - I am happy to be relevant again, and I don't think it was a bad year, but I didn't think it was great either. Probably just semantics.

49 points? ****ing embarrassing.

I watched that play 5 times. Spence had an easy 2. Illinois was out of position for a good 3-4 seconds.
Watched it again. Boyle wasn't watching the play. I think he had already made his mind up to call a TO (he had tunnel vision on the ref the whole time). But Illinois was out of position before he signaled for the TO. I'm not a coach, so I don't know if that's a **** up or not. Probably not. But it really hurt us.

Hey Nice comeback buffs, too bad couldn't quite cap it off, but not having Dinwiddie have a good game was a dagger. Hopefully Roberson stays another year. If he can get an offensive game to go with his defensive game, scary.

After last year with the roster we brought into the season I viewed a tourney birth as a reasonable expectation. Getting eliminated in the first round is right where I expected us to be. There were some brief flashes of brilliance during the regular season, but there were also some real stinkers. I don't know - I am happy to be relevant again, and I don't think it was a bad year, but I didn't think it was great either. Probably just semantics.

Probably. I just have trouble seeing this as the median performance for how this season could have gone. Tad was worried about being able to make the NIT, apparently. This team had a lot of youth and some significant holes. Next year my expectations will be through the roof, though.

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40p...

We need a Levi Knutson type who can keep us in a game when the rest of our shots look like hell. I don't know if any of the guys coming in can fill that role.

If ANYONE mentions Dinwiddie as an NBA prospect right now, they are high. He needs at least one more year, if not the full four. And Dre too. I see someone talking him into declaring, and then he'll go undrafted.

But if we can get those two back and they improve offensively, we've never had a ceiling that high.

We need a Levi Knutson type who can keep us in a game when the rest of our shots look like hell. I don't know if any of the guys coming in can fill that role.

And we need to get in the weight room. We have struggled finishing around the rim all year.

Really, the Buffs allowed Illinois to do to them what they do to others - score off of turnovers. That plus Dinwiddie had the his worst game of the season. The lesson is simple, don't commit silly turnovers, play solid defense and rebound and you give yourself a chance.

In the second half they again gave up the lead when the started turnovers. Ough.

Go **** yourself you piece of ****ing ****

Mayor needs another year.

I can see Dre getting drafted end of 1st or early 2nd as a defensive stopper and glue guy who could develop a handle & consistent jumper.

'Tini - don't feed the troll.

I personally think we need a PG. I love Levi, but I don't think he would have been much help. We weren't getting good looks.

First, I'm proud of the team.

We start two frosh , two sophs, and one junior, and have ZERO bench, yet Boyle took us too the tourney.

Very impressive coaching job! I still don't understand why Boyle subs every starter out and puts in a lineup of Tunks, Chen, Talton, and Adams. That will not work. I don't care if our starters our tired, we need to win this game any way possible. Dinwiddie needs to play every minute. He is the only one that can pass.

We will be much better next year because everyone will be a year older, our bench will acually have some talent and depth, Ski will have competition so less terrible shots, etc.

Two things boyle needs to work on: 1) don't take out all of your starters in a tourney game EVER unless every single one has 3 fouls (that easily cost us this game), 2) figure out a better offensive system because we shouldn't struggle this much to score against a team with no lost post defender like Illinois and other teams

Congrats Illinois. It was a slob fest, but your guys played hard and were able to regroup under tremendous pressure. Credit where credit is due.

It was either all or nothing with this team and that was the most frustrating part of this season. You could see how good they can be and then they play a first half like this one. Very very frustrating.

Depth got super exposed. Chen and SHT had to account for half the turnovers in this game

Back