What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm

Mayor needs another year.

I can see Dre getting drafted end of 1st or early 2nd as a defensive stopper and glue guy who could develop a handle & consistent jumper.

'Tini - don't feed the troll.

Drinking + being unbelievable pissed = going off on any opposing fan

Can't wait to see Miami rape Illinois by 30

I personally think we need a PG. I love Levi, but I don't think he would have been much help. We weren't getting good looks.

Spencer will be that next year... We need a consistent 3pt shooter... Booker isn't that. Levi would've done wonders for us today.

On a lesser note, experience would've done wonders for us this year as well. We will have that next year.

If ANYONE mentions Dinwiddie as an NBA prospect right now, they are high. He needs at least one more year, if not the full four. And Dre too. I see someone talking him into declaring, and then he'll go undrafted.

But if we can get those two back and they improve offensively, we've never had a ceiling that high.
He's a sophomore. Unless you're Derrick Rose, they have games like this. He's most definitely an NBA prospect. He needs to develop consistency to move up in the draft.

Drinking + being unbelievable pissed = going off on any opposing fan

Can't wait to see Miami rape Illinois by 30

While you tend to be a douche for the most part... this is true. Miami will crush UI (then again they would crush us as well). Miami is an underdog (is a 2seed ever an underdog though?) to win it all.

Thrilled for this program to be part of March Madness, but on the downside still waiting for that loooong Sweet 16 drought.

It was either all or nothing with this team and that was the most frustrating part of this season. You could see how good they can be and then they play a first half like this one. Very very frustrating.

Yep. That is the most exciting and frustrating thing about the 2012-13 Buffs. We saw glimpses of just how talented they are and how good they can be when they're playing loose and it's clicking. But we also saw the young team stuff a lot. Gonna be fun in 2013-14.

Yep. That is the most exciting and frustrating thing about the 2012-13 Buffs. We saw glimpses of just how talented they are and how good they can be when they're playing loose and it's clicking. But we also saw the young team stuff a lot. Gonna be fun in 2013-14.

I'm expecting a trip to the Sweet 16 next year, especially if Dre comes back.

You doom and gloomers in this thread are unbearable. Yeah the first half was awful. But that was a valiant effort in the 2nd half. This team overachieved.

It stinks that Spencer had his worst performance since Kansas. But those are the breaks. Ski will only get praise from me, he played a heck of a game. It wasn't perfect, but he is the reason we had a chance to win.

I really hope Andre comes back. I understand if he leaves. But if he comes back, next year has a chance to be very special. He's an amazing defender.

I'm proud of these Buffs.

I think all our boys are back next year. We will be a popular breakout pick. Will make the Top 25 in some publications, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us pull a preseason ranking in the AP or Coaches. Freshman, Freshman, Sophomore, Sophomore, Junior - and we were a Top 40 team. Tad will get better too. He's a young coach.

Don't stop supporting this team. We can do something special for CU Hoops.

Haven't looked at the box to see the yummy turnover distribution, but I'll say right now I thought Dre showed off a lot of the best parts of his game. That was a lot of lock down D today. If no one wants Dennis Rodman light in the draft this year, I'll be thrilled for what that means for the buffs. If they do, go get'em Dre!

The simple fact is that we just don't have any consistent scorers other than Dinwiddie. They locked him down with the foul trouble he couldn't take it to the rim to get all the FT points he usually gets. The lack of guys that can score is the reason we saw those horrible droughts.

Just hate losing guys early. Can you imagine if we had Burks as a senior this year with the rest of this team? We would be great next year with Roberson too, but I think he is likely gone.

Turnover disparity actually wasn't that bad, 15 for us 12 for Illinois. Not surprisingly, both teams shot poorly.

He's a sophomore. Unless you're Derrick Rose, they have games like this. He's most definitely an NBA prospect. He needs to develop consistency to move up in the draft.

The key part is "right now" ... clearly he's a prospect. But just 2-3 weeks ago, people were talking on this board about him jumping ship after this year. He's not anywhere close to being ready IMO, too tentative at times, not a good enough shooter. Dre needs to stay too. If he progresses, he's a first round pick in 2015. Right now, he's lucky to get drafted and definitely out of the guarnanteed money. But think of the attention this team will get with both of them back next year.

Congrats to Illinois. Best of luck in the rest of the tournament to the Illini.

Great season Buffs! An unexpectedly exciting rebuilding season.

The key part is "right now" ... clearly he's a prospect. But just 2-3 weeks ago, people were talking on this board about him jumping ship after this year. He's not anywhere close to being ready IMO, too tentative at times, not a good enough shooter. Dre needs to stay too. If he progresses, he's a first round pick in 2015. Right now, he's lucky to get drafted and definitely out of the guarnanteed money. But think of the attention this team will get with both of them back next year.
He'd definitely get drafted. He's #19 on nbadraft.net's big board - and that includes next year's class too. With that said, I think he'd greatly benefit from another year. And I'm not saying that just because I want him back.

The simple fact is that we just don't have any consistent scorers other than Dinwiddie. They locked him down with the foul trouble he couldn't take it to the rim to get all the FT points he usually gets. The lack of guys that can score is the reason we saw those horrible droughts.

Just hate losing guys early. Can you imagine if we had Burks as a senior this year with the rest of this team? We would be great next year with Roberson too, but I think he is likely gone.

Burks entering the draft is one of the major reasons why we had back to back top 30 recruiting classes (espn). Sure if he stays, he probably gets even better but the surrounding cast around him wouldn't be the same.

I liked Scott's game today, and with him and X likely improved next year.. think we will be a much better team. Need someone to step up and give us more guard depth. Hopefully one of the freshmen coming in.

I feel bad if this was Roberson's last game as that wasn't how I wanted his career at CU to end. That's by far the worst part of the loss to me. Kid really wanted it

I don't think another year would improve Dre's stock as much as it would Spencer's. Everyone pretty much knows what Dre is. Unless he can take his offensive game to a new level - which I do think he is capable of. Boyle always compare Dre to Rodman, but I think Dre has a higher offensive ceiling than Rodman. Not that he is better than Rodman - just that I think he has a higher offensive ceiling than what we have seen.

Love the effort on the defensive end,our offense really needs to change next year because we shouldn't struggle this much to score IMO.

Turnover disparity actually wasn't that bad, 15 for us 12 for Illinois. Not surprisingly, both teams shot poorly.

Yeah. Both teams shot very well from the FT line (Illinois fell off after it was decided but still over 70%), fouls were pretty even, and rebounds were pretty close with us having a slight edge. Their "bad" was just a bit better than our "bad" today.

And we need to get in the weight room. We have struggled finishing around the rim all year.
I agree, we need some shooters and the not finishing at the bucket can't happen. It needs to get to a point where we say, go ahead double our big. Make them pay and shove a 3 up their ass. We gotta get some guys that can hit shots.

Pathetic. We knew their entire offense game plan and lost. Are you f'ing serious!! Poor showing, not sure how its possible to look on the bright side even after coming back from 16 down and still lose. What a let down.

This was pretty much what I figured. Illinois is streaky but if they are within five with under five left, their threes and free throws pretty much start clicking. Senior leadership also was a big factor. Never can discount that advantage.

Tad Boyle never took a shot. We scored 49 points, were weak at the rim, gave up offensive boards, turned the ball over, etc. Not hard to see how the game was lost.

We'll certainly miss Dre, but rebounding and defense are easier for us to replace than true scoring ability. No one on our team is a true scorer, hence the scoring droughts. The Mayor can create shots for himself and others. The problem is he lacks the confidence or drive (or green light) to do so on a regular basis. XJ will develop into a scorer, but he just isn't there yet.

As much as I love making the tournament, there is no worse way for a fan to end a season than losing in the tournament. It is sudden and it hurts.

We'll certainly miss Dre, but rebounding and defense are easier for us to replace than true scoring ability. No one on our team is a true scorer, hence the scoring droughts. The Mayor can create shots for himself and others. The problem is he lacks the confidence or drive (or green light) to do so on a regular basis. XJ will develop into a scorer, but he just isn't there yet.

As much as I love making the tournament, there is no worse way for a fan to end a season than losing in the tournament. It is sudden and it hurts.

I dont think dre played well enough post-sickness to warrant moving his draft stock up. Right now he's mid 2nd round, which is way out of the for-sure cash. I think he's going to come back.

Back