What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Oregon State

Watched the show. I’m a now huge fan of our Special Teams coach. That guy gets it. His understanding and focus (and energy) is so detailed and on point and not KD abstract.

He sounds like he gets more quality work done in 10 mins than any coach I’ve heard.

So are we supposed to take away that McCown is NOT healthy?

Sanford said earlier in the week that McCown was the starter if healthy, now Shrout is the starter. But Sanford's comments that I read (I didn't listen to the show) don't make it sound like to me that McCown is injured.

I liked some of what I've seen from McCown this year, but this sounds like they are either mismanaging the situation OR that McCown wants to be shut down for the season to preserve a year of eligibility for a transfer. JFC.

Could be that Cade is healthy enough to play, if needed, but not healthy enough to be the starter yet. Also could be making a decision for the future, i.e. don't want him to get beat up behind this o-line.

Sanford said earlier in the week that McCown was the starter if healthy, now Shrout is the starter. But Sanford's comments that I read (I didn't listen to the show) don't make it sound like to me that McCown is injured.

I liked some of what I've seen from McCown this year, but this sounds like they are either mismanaging the situation OR that McCown wants to be shut down for the season to preserve a year of eligibility for a transfer. JFC.
Or just preserve a year of eligibility just for the extra year of eligibility, like the old days. Either way, I expect his dad and uncle to be playing a fairly large role in the decision making with him.

Hey, it's a chance!

Feels good to be wearing the CU shirts on Fridays again. Yes, we are still terrible, but I'm no longer invested in disassociation .
I'm intrigued to see how the defense continues to play. Oregon State is a better offensive team than Cal, to be sure, but a horrible USC defense held them to 14 points at home.

Don't read too much into it. McCown is beat the fvck up. Trust.

O state has a very good offensive line. If CU can hold the run, they cover. If not, it could get ugly.

Hey, it's a chance!

Feels good to be wearing the CU shirts on Fridays again. Yes, we are still terrible, but I'm no longer invested in disassociation .
Agree.

If you're betting this.....isn't CU and the points the play? 23.5 seems like it's too much.

The O/U is fluttering around 50.

If the truth of our defense is 1st Half TCU and Cal, I love the Under and taking CU with the points. If the truth of our defense is that those were the high emotion games (opener & 1st game after firing coach) and the reality of our defense is Minnesota, UCLA and Arizona, then we're gonna get smoked.

Wearing my gear today, too. Feels good. Like CU may be starting down the right path finally.
Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton

The O/U is fluttering around 50.

If the truth of our defense is 1st Half TCU and Cal, I love the Under and taking CU with the points. If the truth of our defense is that those were the high emotion games (opener & 1st game after firing coach) and the reality of our defense is Minnesota, UCLA and Arizona, then we're gonna get smoked.
Wouldn't touch that line with a 10 foot pole. The O/U on the other hand...

McCown has to be hurt enough so they’re being cautious, but not hurt enough wherein he can’t play if it is an emergency.

Looks like it's going to rain all day Saturday in Corvallis. After the JT game vs AFA in the slop, that isn't making me optimistic.
Shrout has a deserved reputation for trying to force completions, throwing when he maybe shouldn't. A wet ball will make that worse. I'm taking the Buffs and the points.

Sanford was very clear during the Thursday night talk with Mark Johnson that Owen is injured. Not just from the Cal game, but it had been building up over his playtime as a true freshman.
Owen may not be ready for backup duties, but I don’t think he said that exactly.

I like Sanford. If he leads us to a good finish this year, is there any chance they'd give him another year, rather than going for another 'home run' hire right away?

I have trouble with the explanations about the starting QB. I think Sanford is kind of making up excuses not to start McCown.

"Sanford said 6-foot-2, 175-pound McCown took a physical beating in his three starts (UCLA, Arizona and Cal). He was sacked nine times in those games, along with absorbing several other big hits just after he threw.

"He came out because he was banged up and I think it was an accumulation of playing as a true freshman," Sanford said. "He didn't progress quickly enough for us to feel like he's ready to play. So we're going to start J.T."

Back