What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Expansion - Big 12 is a tire fire

What I have been hearing is FedEx has offered to become the Big XII title sponsor and dump more money into their name on a title game. Basically they pay for Memphis to be added. This is right up the Longhorns alley (Mo Money, Mo Money) they also take in Cincy and split to a North South format being:
North, KU KSU ISU Memphis Cincy WV
South TX TT TCU Bailer OU OSU
Now I cant see them loading the south like this but I will bet UT would love this for the money factor and recruiting avenues it would open up.

If that's what you're looking for, maybe we could get Mizzou instead of Okie Lite.

I think Mizzou leaving the SEC is a pipe dream and I think you probably need Oklahoma State to ensure Oklahoma is added.

I think Mizzou leaving the SEC is a pipe dream and I think you probably need Oklahoma State to ensure Oklahoma is added.
If Mizzou could join the Big-10 West with Nebraska, I think they would take that in a second. Every other move makes no sense.

What I have been hearing is FedEx has offered to become the Big XII title sponsor and dump more money into their name on a title game. Basically they pay for Memphis to be added. This is right up the Longhorns alley (Mo Money, Mo Money) they also take in Cincy and split to a North South format being:
North, KU KSU ISU Memphis Cincy WV
South TX TT TCU Bailer OU OSU
Now I cant see them loading the south like this but I will bet UT would love this for the money factor and recruiting avenues it would open up.

This makes a lot of sense

the little 4 pack of individual bottles is nice if one is on the run as well

Introducing Bandit: The juice box of wine.
060418_boxwine.grid-6x2.jpg

Bandit_work_02.jpg

Sorry if this has been discussed already but interested in people's thoughts on adding Boise St. I know it's not a huge media market but they have a solid fanbase and athletic program. Boise is also an underrated place to visit. I'm referring to BSU joining the PAC when we inevitably expand.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but interested in people's thoughts on adding Boise St. I know it's not a huge media market but they have a solid fanbase and athletic program. Boise is also an underrated place to visit. I'm referring to BSU joining the PAC when we inevitably expand.

I can't imagine that it would be financially viable. Money is what drives expansion.

But if we can pretend that other things matter like conference culture, regional culture, geography, basketball, etc... then a Pac-16 that fills the western map with SDSU, BSU, UNLV & UNM makes sense.

I'd love to find a way to bring New Mexico into the conference. We'd finally have an easy road trip to make. Similar profiles on the sports we each play, too.
Makes the footprint look a lot more logical too. Also adding to the basketball profile that is likely to trend down after the recent uptick.

I do agree that UNM would make a nice addition to the conference. Not that Albuquerque is anything great, but it's reasonably close and their hoops program is legit. ABQ is a growing city. Ugly as Hell, but growing.

If UNM administration would decide to make football a priority and run a competitve program they would be a solid addition. Rapidly growing market with no local professional sports competition. Some historical ties to UU and the AZ schools, nice area to visit for road games.

If OU could be detached from Okie Light they and UNM would be a good pair to add to the league.

Still don't see why expansion is needed though unless somebody can show that it benefits the league financially and doesn't include Texas who is a league buster and lousy fit for league culture.

I don't think it's a matter of their admin not paying enough attention to the football program. I just think New Mexico is a difficult place to recruit football players to.

I don't think it's a matter of their admin not paying enough attention to the football program. I just think New Mexico is a difficult place to recruit football players to.

Bob Davie is doing a good job there. Went bowling last year and I think they even won at Boise State.

Back