What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could a CU move to the 12 Pac be the beginning of the end for Nebraska?

The addition of CSU to the Big 12 would allow the Big 12 to keep a portion of the Denver TV market. Regardless of their fanbase, facilities, admin support, alumni support, on field success or any other measurable benchmark, the fact that CSU can probably deliver a piece of the Denver TV market makes them #1 on the Big 12's expansion list, IMO, if CU does leave.

No chance CSU is admitted to the Big 12. Conference members have to maintain certain minimum requirements, such as football attendance. I'm not sure what the minimum is but I bet CSU isn't even close. Even Baylor has an average of almost 15,000 more people attending each football game. They just don't have the resources to be a viable member.

No chance CSU is admitted to the Big 12. Conference members have to maintain certain minimum requirements, such as football attendance. I'm not sure what the minimum is but I bet CSU isn't even close. They just don't have the resources to be a viable member.

The only way CSU "brings" the Denver market, is if they play ALL of their home games at Invesco.

NO I don't think cu moving to the Pac 10 will be the end of NU. More like wishful thinking on the buff fans part. If cu makes the move to the West Coast it will be what the admin or those in power think what is best for the university and not what effect it will have on Nebraska.

No chance CSU is admitted to the Big 12. Conference members have to maintain certain minimum requirements, such as football attendance. I'm not sure what the minimum is but I bet CSU isn't even close. Even Baylor has an average of almost 15,000 more people attending each football game. They just don't have the resources to be a viable member.

The only way CSU "brings" the Denver market, is if they play ALL of their home games at Invesco.

Just watch. Attendance, facilities, alumni support, on field/court success - none of that matters. The same things that make CU attractive to the Pac 10 will make CSU an attractive replacement for CU in the Big 12. Location and a bunch of TV sets.

Just watch. Attendance, facilities, alumni support, on field/court success - none of that matters. The same things that make CU attractive to the Pac 10 will make CSU an attractive replacement for CU in the Big 12. Location and a bunch of TV sets.

I'll bet you a case of beer that if CU leaves, CSU doesn't get into the Big 12. The South, especially if CU and Mizzou leave, will pounce to further strengthen their position in this conference. My money would be on TCU, Arkansas, and BYU as the initial targets by the Big 12 in that order.

I'll bet you a case of beer that if CU leaves, CSU doesn't get into the Big 12. The South, especially if CU and Mizzou leave, will pounce to further strengthen their position in this conference. My money would be on TCU, Arkansas, and BYU as the initial targets by the Big 12 in that order.

I'm not going to make the bet, because I'm not 100% convinced of it myself, but consider this: TCU doesn't bring in any TV markets not already served by the conference footprint. Arkansas won't ever leave the SEC and their ginormous TV payout. BYU is a definite possibility, and would probably be their first choice. I'd say that the order of preference for the Big 12 would go something like : 1) BYU, 2) CSU, 3) Memphis, 4) New Mexico, 5) Louisville, 6) Houston, 7) TCU.

If CU and Mizzou leave, it leaves a big sucking hole in the North. The conference has to know that any television contracts down the road are going to be based on what markets they serve. Take St. Louis and Denver out of the equation, and the value of the entire conference drops considerably. Replacing CU and Mizzou with TCU and BYU wouldn't do very much to make up that difference. BYU and CSU would help a lot.

BYU should be the first choice for the Big 12 if they lose any members. Anyone else is a pretty far 2nd place, IMO.

Sackman, I think the Broncos have always been a detriment to the CU football program. That along with the fact that CU has a tremendous amount of out of state students. When they leave Boulder, the only time they ever come back is to ski. Thank God the Broncos play on Sunday. The Front Range and all of Colorado belongs to the Broncos forever. Can you imagine Bronco fans putting up with the ration of crap Talkins has given us?

Last edited:
Back