What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I'm not sure if the screen on my phone cut it off, but here's what I saw in that tweet:
Screenshot_20170804-132149.png

I didn't realize at all how funny the comment "they scanned Sonny Lubick's face" was until I saw the full picture:

upload_2017-8-4_9-21-42-png.23170

That was very well played Mr. Kurtzman.

So I'm not sure if the screen on my phone cut it off, but here's what I saw in that tweet:
View attachment 23171

I didn't realize at all how funny the comment "they scanned Sonny Lubick's face" was until I saw the full picture:

upload_2017-8-4_9-21-42-png.23170

That was very well played Mr. Kurtzman.
The Goat of Mendes welcomes you to our little version of hell....on a bicycle.

That is horrendous.

Well, that is art for you. One man's eyesore is another's item to eagerly behold.
I think it's weird. But I like weird. It's pretty much perfect for a beer garden sponsored by New Belgium at CSU's stadium. Well done.

New Belgium stepped up. Wish we could get some of the local breweries to do the same up here.

Visiting fans are going to leave FoCo knowing what New Belgium is, if they did not before they arrived. That's called an opportunity.
Dale, are you listening?

New Belgium stepped up. Wish we could get some of the local breweries to do the same up here.

Visiting fans are going to leave FoCo knowing what New Belgium is, if they did not before they arrived. That's called an opportunity.
Dale, are you listening?
"Visiting fans"?

If we ever do the full blown beer garden, I could definitely see lots of local breweries stepping up. Avery is printing money right now.

Dale, are you listening?
Yeah. I think there's an opportunity with Balch re-done as a monster beer garden & pub. If I was CU, I'd talk to the Boulder County breweries and the Boulder Craft Beer Festival organization. Get sponsors for the new "Balch Beer Pavilion" and see if there might be a way to do something at Folsom as part of the festival (main stage concert the night of the festival?).

"Visiting fans"?

Yes, not only will a large percentage of the fans be visiting from elsewhere to watch the "visiting team" (after the initial newness wears off), but they are an important demographic for our local breweries to be reaching.

I had no idea so many people travel to watch teams play at Colorado State. UNLV, SDSU, USU and San Jose really travel well, do they?

What's funny is that Costco is a big proponent of progressive causes. So that's where is doesn't fit; maybe Sam's Club Churches is a better descriptor.

This is a post practice quote from Bobo

Every time we step on the field on defense we'd like to get a three-and-out or get the ball back without them scoring points, but that's not going to happen.

??????????????????

Umm is that quoted anywhere? Sounds like he's kinda talking about perfection though, maybe that's where he was going with it.

This is a post practice quote from Bobo

Every time we step on the field on defense we'd like to get a three-and-out or get the ball back without them scoring points, but that's not going to happen.

??????????????????
My interpretation:

"Our first goal is a three and out, our second goal is to stop them without giving up points.

I fully expect us to fail miserably at both."

Here is the full quote:

"Today I thought I saw some maturity in our guys," Bobo said. "It was not really a great practice for the defense. There were a lot of big plays offensively. But in key situations like third downs, we were able to get some stops defensively. When we got in the red zone area, we got some stops on third down. When we went goal line on fourth down, we got stops. That's been the message; not everything is going to be perfect. We have to continue to play. When a third-down situation comes, we have to try to get off the field. One or two more stops in a game, one or two more stops in the red zone where we hold them to a field goal, can be the difference between winning and losing."

You never want to settle and say that people are going to score on you, but you have to realize that (other teams) have players too," Bobo said. "They have good coaches too; they have good schemes. Sometimes you're not going be successful, and you just have to keep playing. That's really both sides. Every time we step on the field we want to score on offense. Every time we step on the field on defense we'd like to get a three-and-out or get the ball back without them scoring points, but that's not going to happen. You have to keep playing for 60 minutes and do your job."

It is in this article:

https://t.co/Q01ZlxJoSH?amp=1

The whole statement seems very Jeckle and Hyde. I know that there is coach speak, but he seems to be going back and forth with himself.

Last edited:
Here is the full quote:

"Today I thought I saw some maturity in our guys," Bobo said. "It was not really a great practice for the defense. There were a lot of big plays offensively. But in key situations like third downs, we were able to get some stops defensively. When we got in the red zone area, we got some stops on third down. When we went goal line on fourth down, we got stops. That's been the message; not everything is going to be perfect. We have to continue to play. When a third-down situation comes, we have to try to get off the field. One or two more stops in a game, one or two more stops in the red zone where we hold them to a field goal, can be the difference between winning and losing."

It is in this article:

https://t.co/Q01ZlxJoSH?amp=1

The whole statement seems very Jeckle and Hyde. I know that there is coach speak, but he seems to be going back and forth with himself.
That sounds like coach speak for, "we are having serious issues, but I'm trying to be optimistic and not throw our guys under the bus".

Hmm ok, well, wonder if he's the only one that is thinking like this. My guess is hell no. Keep that **** in house though, we'll see soon enough.

Back